Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warman's Preview Thread

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Warman's Preview Thread

looking really good, warman.

Okay here's the last of the Italian units!

Venetian Heavy Infantry:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

totalingend's Avatar Civis

they look amazing, great job!

@Balrog

I didn't make the models but I did implement quite a few. The total number is around 26 including variants right now. However I'm always expanding that number so I have a lot to choose from. Note that not all of the variants are used in the same unit. I found some more so you can increase that number to 33 soon.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Good work on the Venetian Heavies ! Also warman, the unit you done yesterday ( the knight with his people ) Maybe you should keep that unit on a side : It could be some cheap bodyguards option for the generals or like the bodyguards for the garnisons units of little sentlement ( The knight/castellans owning a small castle ) ?

Warman, those Venetian heavy infantry look stunning - would there be a possibility of increased helmet variety for them, maybe including some full/closed helmets?

I personally like the way it looks as is, I might add a couple more, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I personally like the way it looks as is, I might add a couple more, but yeah.
    of course, don't get me wrong - your work is absolutely fantastic, really looking forward to seeing more of this mod in the future

Okay so I decided to add more helmet variations to the VHI and slightly reduce the body and shield so it's just the emblems closer to Venice and not much else. I also completed the Italian Officer so that's a plus. Next up is the Spanish units now. First I'm doing to do the Jinetes, then the Spanish Squires and Castellans. Then we'll go on from there. Long term after the Spanish(Castile in this case btw) I'll tie up some loose ends and get Flanders and Bohemia done. That's as far ahead as I'm going right now planning wise. Also in the mix is adjusting a couple weapon sizes and making Eastern and Central European versions of the light and mercenary units. Yeah on my end things are going along as planned so far. For now I'm going to try and make it so you don't need to have many of the DLC packs for maximum compatibility. For instance I moved the HRE units to the Suebi from the Nervii. Unfortunately I do have to use some of the dlc factions but i'll try to minimize where I can. Okay that's all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Okay so I decided to add more helmet variations to the VHI and slightly reduce the body and shield so it's just the emblems closer to Venice and not much else. I also completed the Italian Officer so that's a plus. Next up is the Spanish units now. First I'm doing to do the Jinetes, then the Spanish Squires and Castellans. Then we'll go on from there. Long term after the Spanish(Castile in this case btw) I'll tie up some loose ends and get Flanders and Bohemia done. That's as far ahead as I'm going right now planning wise. Also in the mix is adjusting a couple weapon sizes and making Eastern and Central European versions of the light and mercenary units. Yeah on my end things are going along as planned so far. For now I'm going to try and make it so you don't need to have many of the DLC packs for maximum compatibility. For instance I moved the HRE units to the Suebi from the Nervii. Unfortunately I do have to use some of the dlc factions but i'll try to minimize where I can. Okay that's all for now.
    If you can choose your DLC, I recommend to take the "Greek States Culture Pack", which was free if you preorder Rome II and the "Nomadic Tribes Culture", which was free for a week.

Don't forget to show us your work warman ! Also, for your futur work on Flanders, I found a tapestry showing the count of Flanders in 1305. Maybe you could use his uniforms for the Flanders officers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guy of Dampierre.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	312226

Good luck on the Spanish rooster !

Is it me, or do these skins look a hell of a lot similar to some Mount and Blade skins? Especially some things I've seen in 1257?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Yes, indeed, many of the models and textures , at least in my roster, come from the 1257 mod. We do have, however, permission to use these assets. Some of the models are from the open source project, many others from the rus XIII century mod, and also some are my own textures and model modifications.

What Ltd. said. Btw I'm looking over the Jinetes unit and I might of made them too heavily armored. I'll post screenshots showing what I mean in a little bit.

So I adjusted the Jinetes so their armor is slightly lighter than before, but not too much. Kudos to Ltd's assets that I'm starting to implement in my own units because he wasn't kidding when he said there's a lot there! I'll even be adding some of it to my older made units. Anyways here's a couple of screens. I might of made the shields too big though, let me know if you agree.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Those shields are awesome !

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

yeah, those leather jerkins and quilted armour fit perfetly to the jinetes as well. you can make the shields perhaps slightly smaller as they are in the heater shield category, but this way they are very nice as well.
    nice work overall

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Great work. I imagined Jinetes as a little more flamboyant or colorful overall, but I suppose I really have no historical basis for that . At any rate, the shields are excellent though I agree a tad large. Here is an illustration of the adarga shield:

https://flic.kr/p/ebKpqk

(Allegedly taken from a fresco in the Cathedral of Leon)
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

So from what information I've been able to find on Medieval Spanish armies, including looking at the mods like Bellum Crucis again, I think I have a good roster. Here's what I have in store, some are done and some are either in progress or in the pipeline.

Spanish Knights
    Spanish Squires
    Spanish Castellans
    Jinetes
    Caballeros (Medium Cavalry)
    Slingers
    Espadachines (Light-Medium Swordsmen)
    Apellidos (Medium Spearmen)
    Javelinmen (I know they're called something else, so I put the unit type)

Solid list, right? Now for the most part these will be for all Spanish nations but they will be a couple more units for the other Spanish factions but they'll be added later once said factions are added. Kind of similar to units for the other Italian factions.

10 units ? I fear for the Almohad ! Can't wait to see how they'll look !

Also warman, you didn't show your Italian officer, could we have a sneak peak ?