Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Warman will MKTW have own war ships, like Spanish galleons or British HMS ???, and fire weapons ??? If "no" is your answer I have a suggestion, The crossbow's are strength and with fire they look's like shots from a Mosquett, the designer's could draw an XV sec mosquett and put some shoots sound in the background over the firing crossbow bolt. For the ships, wen I buy ATW I will come back and give you a suggestion.

Own historical name for Kievan Rus' (the last term is exclusively scientific and has application to a narrow period of time: until the death of Yaroslav The Wise in 1054) in XIIIth century is Русьская земля - Rus'skaya Zemlya (i.e. Rus'sian land, land of Rus'). The term Rus'skaya Zemlya means the central area of Rus'sian lands - roughly speaking Кыевьская земля - Kyev'skaya Zemlya (Kievan Land) and Черниговьская земля - Chernigov'skaya Zemlya (Chernigov Land).

In the XIIIth century Kyev'skaya Zemlya and Chernigov'skaya Zemlya has their own knyaz' (minor dynasties of Ryurikovichi Dynasty). So, if you want to represent historical rightly only one of it, you must call the faction Kyev'skaya Zemlya orChernigov'skaya Zemlya. Moreover, Kievan Land often was controled by knyaz' of other Rus'sian land, and no had their own political leader. For example in the beginning of XIIIth century Kievan Land was controlled by knyazes of Volyn', Chernigov or Smolensk.
    Last edited by Alejandro Sanchez; May 07, 2015 at 10:37 AM.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

One very helpful website:
    http://wappenwiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

If anyone knows likewise about Islamic dynasties, please share it with us
    Last edited by finix; June 19, 2015 at 02:35 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hi, i have a problem when i try open the game with the mod.
    When i start the game he loads for a little bit and then closes and show a mensage that says: error: Expecting keyword ´version`
    animations/animation_fragments/rome_axe_shield_fragment.txt(1)
    Help me pls i really want to play this mod!
    PLS

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

hey and welcome to the forums

I am not quite sure what happens: I had this same message though , when I added some animations that were not entirely done right. Once I removed the animations it worked fine
    Now what I can think of in your case is maybe there are other mods that changed the animations and you loaded them as well along our mod ?!

EDIT: now that I think about it, maybe patch 17 beta added some animation related stuff as well. Cannot comment on that, as I don't play Rome 2 anymore, and I am not on my gaming pc to try it out
    Last edited by Ltd.; July 23, 2015 at 01:15 PM.

So you're saying that if I have a version of updated less game this maybe result?

So you're saying that if I have a version of the game less updated this maybe result?

So you're saying that if I had a version of the game less updated this maybe result?

Sorry for the spam i am new to this Forum and e can´t edit the messages.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I haven't tried it with patch 17 beta, it was working fine for me with patch 16, so maybe it's worth a try

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

Did not read all thread, but a thing I thought about today is: in the old M2TW etc. cavalry could not dismount. That was the reason for things like "dismounted knights". Now they can dismount. I hope your kníghts are all cavalry that can dismount and act as dismounted knights in some situations (sieges). Lances for cavalry charge, melee weapons after and while dismounted. That would be a dream.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but do you guys have any ideas for how you plan on having castles function on the campaign map? I was thinking that you could create a castle building chain that once built adds fortification that particular settlement and allows recruitment of knights and in the late period men at arms. and the other factions equivalents of those units.

However I think this building should take an extremely large amount of money to build and a long time to complete so that using castles that existed at the start of the campaign to recruit elite units remains a focus and is an important strategic consideration.

This would also partially recreate the City/Castle Split from medieval II, which while I found it annoying in that game it was really only the retraining system which doesn't exist in this game. Having knights only recruitable in a few provinces would make creating entire armies of elite units more difficult even in the late game (it has almost always been really easy to do so in other total war games). Anyway just trying to make a helpful suggestion if you were looking for one.

Great work as always, and I can't wait to see more of the HRE as it has always been one of my favorite factions!

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by sschneider1998 View Post
    I was thinking that you could create a castle building chain that once built adds fortification that particular settlement and allows recruitment of knights and in the late period men at arms...

However I think this building should take an extremely large amount of money to build and a long time to complete so that using castles that existed at the start of the campaign to recruit elite units remains a focus and is an important strategic consideration.

This would also partially recreate the City/Castle Split from medieval II, which while I found it annoying in that game it was really only the retraining system which doesn't exist in this game. Having knights only recruitable in a few provinces would make creating entire armies of elite units more difficult even in the late game...
    Completely agree with Sscheider1998, it would be good to get a more medieval feel with a castle chain and to improve on the Medieval II TW system. It could add certain traits to factions or faction leaders. For example King Edward I of England could have a bonus building time for castles as he was renowned for having them built.

Also as this is the suggestion thread there is one quick and easy fix that really should be done, rename Scotland the Kingdom of Scots rather than Kingdom of Scotland as well as change the King of Scotland to the King of Scots. It may seem a small point but it was historically a very important difference.

On a general point, great work by all on the team for this mod so far. I enjoyed the custom battles for Rome II that you guys released. Really looking forward to seeing the campaign up and running. Best luck!

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

There should be an "Authentic Faction Names" submod. For example, Catholic countries are in Latin.
    Last edited by Eldgrimr; August 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I'm not sure if this is something that can be done but, if we are having castles, please make all parts of the walls usable. In m2tw there were certain walls that were obviously large enough for a unit to stand on (and rather perfectly positioned for an archer batalion too) yet were impassable.

What most likely will happen is that the walls in Attila Total War will have a different set of textures or "reskin." That would be the more lazy way to accomplish medieval walls that can work in the game.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I have to say, I don´t really like the word lazy mentioned in context with our mod, because the one thing we have not been, is lazy... Even if we "just" retexture the walls, it involves a lot of work and time.
    However, it has been shown, that new buildings can be imported from other sources or even made , for this purpose.
    So, once we get to that point, we will see what can be done for a more medieval atmosphere, but don´t forget, this is a mod, not a brand new game.

True, it was a poor word choice to say lazy. I just mean to compare it to if you created new walls from scratch.

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Heres some suggestions for Immersion, unfortunately these suggestions would take time to create but hey ho they're suggestions:...

1. Trebuchet custom model with animation rigging (We all know the reason though i expect it would be difficult and the Rise of Mordor team are planning on making one for their Gondor Faction)
    2. New charging animations, maybe with swords above heads for sergeants and dismounted knights, very reminiscent to Medieval 2
    3. Better ranges for ranged units, something Attila lacked and would spice up game mechanics!
    4.Custom animations for maces and weapons that act like swords in vanilla?
    5. REDUCING MOVEMENT SPEED IN BATTLES. In Attila most units are farmers, and its so very fast paced! My suggestion is to reduce speed all over the board, including Heavy knights.... Bring back factors that made Medieval so successful with Attila's improvements and... not-so-improved-bits... (Looking at you Unit Collision)

Yeah these are intense suggestions, sorry, I´m just excited, dont take it the wrong way.

I know these things could be added in submods, but was wondering if it was planned for the base mod Everything looks great atm so good luck and great work so far, particularly like the banners being reintroduced! Rep+
    Last edited by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf; August 25, 2015 at 08:23 PM.
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    Heres some suggestions for Immersion, unfortunately these suggestions would take time to create but hey ho they're suggestions:...

1. Trebuchet custom model with animation rigging (We all know the reason though i expect it would be difficult and the Rise of Mordor team are planning on making one for their Gondor Faction)
    2. New charging animations, maybe with swords above heads for sergeants and dismounted knights, very reminiscent to Medieval 2
    3. Better ranges for ranged units, something Attila lacked and would spice up game mechanics!
    4.Custom animations for maces and weapons that act like swords in vanilla?
    5. REDUCING MOVEMENT SPEED IN BATTLES. In Attila most units are farmers, and its so very fast paced! My suggestion is to reduce speed all over the board, including Heavy knights.... Bring back factors that made Medieval so successful with Attila's improvements and... not-so-improved-bits... (Looking at you Unit Collision)

Yeah these are intense suggestions, sorry, I´m just excited, dont take it the wrong way.

I know these things could be added in submods, but was wondering if it was planned for the base mod Everything looks great atm so good luck and great work so far, particularly like the banners being reintroduced! Rep+
    Good ideas that make sense, even though some might not be properly introduced.
    - Trebuchet: GrudgeNL and warman have worked on the trebuchet for the Rome 2 version of this mod, if you remember, so expect them in the Attila version as well.... probably even improved
    - Charging: animation stuff, again, something for warman and Grudge. Normally I don´t do animations. But yes, I´m in favor of all improvements
    - Range: we´ll work on the different ranges for bows and crossbows ( wooden and steel prod crossbows) to make it as authentic is possible.
    - Mace: you don´t really have to create separate animations for mace wielders. you´d have to remove some animation fragments from sword wielders (stab to the face and so on)
    - Reduce movement speed: yes, I don´t like fast paced battles at all, so I am in favor of following the example of so similar mods dedicated to reducing movement and battle speed

So, all in all, the animation stuff in the most tricky to accomplish, but as I said, warman and Grudge have made great improvements, so yep, good things may still come up... The rest is feasible and relatively easy to make.
    One thing I am eagerly awaiting to have time to work on are proper medieval settlements , castles, etc.
    But always keep in mind: this is a mod and a game, we can only do what the game and modding tools allow us to do. It can never be real life