Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War Suggestion Thread

Nah, cool buddy, I just wanted to finally make this elaborate joke somewhere on the internet But it can be simply Poland, since you wrote down HRE as single faction. Plus the map of Attila does not allow for Poland to be historically divided.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Nah, cool buddy, I just wanted to finally make this elaborate joke somewhere on the internet But it can be simply Poland, since you wrote down HRE as single faction. Plus the map of Attila does not allow for Poland to be historically divided.
    I was going off from this map by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronTyrant View Post

You should add Allania insted of Abkhazia because Abkhazia was part of Feudal Georgia during medieval times. Alania was or Ossetia was 3'd strongest Kingdom After Georgia and Shirvan.
    here is maps of that period: You can see Alania or Ossetia. while principality of Abkhazia was in Feudal Georgia.

Patrician

Aaahh so that how the map looks currently. I saw it very, very long time ago so my memories were mixed, I thought there were only two polish provinces.

Well, so the starting relations of polish duchies are different depending on starting date. As of 1181 the oldest of brothers was not soverign ruler of his brothers. In first part of XIII century (which I thini is the starting date of the mod), two most powerful duchies were Silesia (fought against Mongol invasion) and Masovia (responsible for bringing Teutonic Knights to the region). Also depending on the starting date, Pomerania was was also "client state" of Poland.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Every time I see Venice holding anything inland of Dalmatia/Croatia prior to the 17th century makes me demonically twitch inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Every time I see Venice holding anything inland of Dalmatia/Croatia prior to the 17th century makes me demonically twitch inside.
    I agree with the man, and I personally also plead you to revise the matter. Slavonia (the part you put under Croatia), was historically bonded to Croatia, but since the Magyars settled the area to the north they came under greater control over Slavonia than the Croatian king. Slavonia was completely incorporated in the Hungarian county system. The part that kept its institutional independence was the KINGDOM OF CROATIA itself. That is, the part you put under Venice. That is COMPLETELY wrong. You put the Croatian CORE under Venice. Slavonia itself is discussable, but CROATIA, should be under CROATIA.

Also, Rascia (later Serbia) didn't control ANY TERRITORIES north of the Sava river until the 15th century in the time of the Hungarian king and Holy Roman emperor Sigismund of Luxembourg who gave the Serbian despot those territories in leno. Their northern territory should be Hungarian.

Religionwise, the only majorly Bogumil region was Bosnia. Slavonia and Croatia were majorly Catholic Christian.

Yeah I'm thinking about redoing that map a bit. That inaccuracy you mentioned is the latest one brought up and we should be able to implement most of these suggestions. After all, it's just a map, nothing is set in stone in the build yet. I should note though that we are somewhat limited by how regions are divided up in Attila so i can't fully guarantee it'll be on point but we'll try our best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    Slavonia was completely incorporated in the Hungarian county system.
    Nope, Slavonia was a separate banate with its own parliament, it was even raised to the status of a kingdom in the 15th century.

However, it was not separated from the kingdom of Croatia until 1225, meaning that it is still an integral part of Croatia at this mod's start date.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Nope, Slavonia was a separate banate with its own parliament, it was even raised to the status of a kingdom in the 15th century.

However, it was not separated from the kingdom of Croatia until 1225, meaning that it is still an integral part of Croatia at this mod's start date.
    We were discussing a Hungarian territorial division map in the medieval era last semester, and Slavonia was divided amongst the Hungarian counties. When did Slavonia become a seperate banate? 1225.? I am aware of the fact that it had its "independence" at some point. I'd be glad if you're right, Croatia would be quite a faction in the mod then.

We were discussing a Hungarian territorial division map in the medieval era last semester, and Slavonia was divided amongst the Hungarian counties.
    Slavonia had counties, but they were separate counties of Slavonia.

Why would Slavonia have a parliament separate from the royal parliament of Hungary if it was integrated into Hungary?

When did Slavonia become a seperate banate? 1225.?
    Yes, in 1225 until 1476, when it was again merged back with Croatia.

I am aware of the fact that it had its "independence" at some point. I'd be glad if you're right, Croatia would be quite a faction in the mod then.
    Slavonia was an independent entity in the 9th century, never afterwards.

Will you need DLC for any of the factions? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I cant seem to find anything on it.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Nope, you don`t need any of the DLCs to be able to play with all of the playable factions in our mod, once it is released.

Is it possible that you guys are planning to creat custom buildings for the battle maps, with medieval buildings and such?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

It is possible to create custom buildings and we do plan to create such buildings with somewhat more medieval flair, however whether they will be integrated in the first playable version of our mod is not certain yet.

Ahh nice to hear! Thank you for the answer.

Do you guys know if it's possible to add PUSh animations to rams and siege weapons just like MTW 2?. Because now it looks just stupid "engine moves then the men move and so on.. Ugly!" If it is not possible with the current ones then it would be nice to make them from scratch with those new animations.

And what about a script that places watch-towers on the campaign map, like stainless steel.

Oh and for battle maps if you guys got models done i like to help if needed with mapping.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Patrician

Map is not fully correct. On the second thought, there weren't many exact borders in those times.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; December 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM.

I think, although the map need some revision, the version that I uploaded is fairly correct and seems fun from a game play perspective. Not everything is going to be possible to do given the map restrictions, so some factions will have more land than normal and some less, but I think the devs are trying to balance this out as best as possible.

Can we perhaps go back to discussing playable factions? That's why I reposted the map in the first place anyhow. I remember the devs were thinking about which factions should be playable and they weren't sure where to start. I know my list was missing Poland, which should definitely be playable. Do we know how many factions are able to be made playable? Either due to UI restrictions, family tree restrictions, or just general engine restrictions? Or is it pretty much unlimited? Some developer input, as well as some further suggestions for playable factions would be nice.

Remember, I am not a developer myself, just trying to help things move along.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronTyrant View Post

Map you made is not historicly accurate. I speak about the Serbia. Maybe it is becasue it is not possible to remade map as you wish,but if you can,here is the map of Serbia in the beginning of 13th century or year 1212:

Some more detailed map:

And the flag(faction icon) you put is flag of Serbian Empire. This is how flag of Serbia in 1212. looked like :
    Also Bosnia and Croatia were not independent nations at that time. They were under rule of Hungarian kingdom. Venice holds too much Balkan land on this map.