Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 22, Disc 3)

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 15, Disc 3)

Chapter 15: Homeland Defense

Sancho: As soon as we clear that crest we'll be home!
    Sancho: I'm sure our comrades will be glad to see our return!
    Sancho: Wait a moment...

Sancho: Who put a massive mountain here?
    Sancho: And that road pathing looks highly improbable...
    Captain: And there's even an enemy army there!
    Sancho: Let us... take a break.
    Captain: What?

(A while later)

Sancho: Now that we are ready, let us slowly advance up that slope.
    Sancho: That steepness means that an enemy charge is in danger of just slipping and falling!

Captain: Like those heavily armored swordsmen who just went rolling off.
    Sancho: Yes. Luckily they didn't realize we couldn't actually charge them in the rear.

Sancho: And thus we have saved Aragon!
    Sancho: I should first congratulate my son on defending our homes.

Guard: But my King, he already left north on a counter-attack!
    Sancho: What? We must send reinforcements at once!

Guard: We do have good news though.
    Guard: Prince Pedro's forces have caught and destroyed retreating elements of the Leon-Castile invasion force.
    Sancho: Excellent! But it will be necessary to deal with their defensive force now.

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 16, Disc 3)

Spoiler for Chapter 16
    Chapter 16: The Reason

Pedro_: Uncle... how could you have betrayed my father the King so?
    Alfonso: Did your father think I would forget so soon the injury he inflicted on us...
    Alfonso: In Chapter 2?!
    Pedro_: Your invasion force has been defeated. Surrender or die.
    Alfonso: Now that I have claimed a crown, I shall return to my own in victory!

Alfonso: No, I think not. A change in leadership is in order.
    Pedro_: We confirmed you deployed religious mercenaries for the reconquista against us.
    Pedro_: While we were fighting the Moors.
    Alfonso: Not only am I the King of Castile, I also am Reverent and Notably Pious.
    Alfonso: You have no chance, in hell against my elite guard.

Pedro_: Men, bring up the ram and ladders.
    Pedro_: Let us drag him out of his castle!
    Alfonso: Not like that, boy! Men, charge!

While Pedro and his knights struggled to hold back Alfonso's veteran knights, the infantry on their right were overrun by Alfonso's heavier infantry. It was soon evident that, unsupported, they stood no chance.

Pedro_: Stand together and fight comrades!
    Pedro_: If we fall back today, our homes will fall next!
    Alfonso: You cannot stop us, in this war we have the backing of the Saviour!
    Pedro_: What?!

As the rest of his men dropped their siege equipment and hastened to the fight, Pedro saw the battle beginning to turn. The enemy infantry, having chased some of the broken Apellidos units, did not return in time...

Pedro_: In the name of Our Lady, take down this traitor!
    Alfonso: No!

Pedro: That's the castle of Castile, next we must march on Leon.
    Pedro: But before that, reinforcements...

Last edited by Alavaria; November 12, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Poor Castilians

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Nice update

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 17, Disc 3)

Chapter 17: Living Saint

Instead of pressing the attack against Leon, Pedro Navarra got married.

Sancho: What.
    ____Aa: I didn't call him back just for that.
    ____Aa: It was a good excuse to pull him back for a bit of timely re-organizing.
    ____Aa: Garcia will handle the attack on Leon, I rather not run any risks.
    Sancho: Oh, I see.

____Aa: Besides, you did say he could get married after his took his first castle.
    Sancho: Wait, you knew about that?
    ____Aa: If only. It does explain why he was so willing to lead the attack.
    Sancho: Oh well, it isn't as though I have any complaints about the girl.
    ____Aa: This would be less of a problem if you were like your fathers.
    Sancho: What would?

____Aa: Ok, we're getting distracted here.
    Sancho: Right... you were about to explain why all these men are still here instead of in the west.
    ____Aa: So, you probably don't know since it's rather behind-the-scenes, but I declared war on the Savior.

Garcia Navarra: Wait a moment, who are you?!
    Garcia Navarra: Why, I'm Garcia Navarra, the new king of Leon-Castile.
    Garcia Navarra: It's just Leon now, but soon won't be even that.
    Garcia Navarra: Shut up! I know your King's dirty secret, we will not stand for it!

Garcia Navarra: And what would that be, I can't imagine...
    Garcia Navarra: Heretic! Your kin summoned the demon of unnumbered wings!
    Garcia Navarra: What? Everyone knows about her already; Sancho won't shut up anymore.

Garcia Navarra: You will burn for that!
    Garcia Navarra: It annoys me to see you standing up there.
    Garcia Navarra: Men, prepare to assault the castle!

Garcia Navarra: Save it!
    Garcia Navarra: The faithful will prevail! Follow me. We shall march unto glorious victory!

Forewarned from Pedro's earlier fight, Garcia had massed his Apellidos behind the sturdy rams. In this way, he would break any possible charge, making the melee a little easier for the light spearmen.

Garcia Navarra: By my light, we shall purge this wretched tainted land!!

However, the knights of Leon nevertheless charged in, wielding swords to devastating effect. Aragonese soldiers were flung about from where the enemy king was fighting with sword and shield.

Garcia Navarra: I bring salvation through annihilation!

Garcia Navarra: W-what? How can he do that!
    __________Aa: I'm here.
    Garcia Navarra: Tremble, all you flawed and mortal. I am a vessel of the Savior's wrath!
    __________Aa: Ah, I see. Living Saint. You can tell because he glows and speaks in a different tone.
    Garcia Navarra: Can we stop him?
    __________Aa: He is being supported by the Savior's energies.
    __________Aa: Be ready.

With that she disappeared. Garcia's knights gathered around at his command.

Aa: Charge!

All of the Aragonese horsemen attacked in a dense mass from every side. Despite the Leonese's amazing earlier feats, Garcia's knights had a definite edge against their tired and outnumbered foes.

Somewhere in that melee, the other Garcia was still fighting, but apparently his powers had left him. Suddenly however, he emerged at the edge of the fight riding away furiously. Within moments the lighter Jinetes were on top of him.

Aa: Don't let him get away... Garcia!

As the enemy king spurred his horse onwards, Garcia grabbed a lance from one of his knights and flung it at his back, landing a clean blow. Pulling out his sword, the Aragonese prince rode up along the left to deliver the killing blow. Garcia turned around, sword in hand, and Garcia realized too late that his eyes were burning like bright coals.

He tried to slow down, but Garcia stopped and turned his horse about, delivering a blow almost instantly. Garcia could not evade, flinging himself backwards over the rear of his horse as Garcia's sword took off its head. Garcia swung around for another attack, but Garcia dropped to the ground and the sword was too short to connect.

Garcia made to dismount, but as he was doing do, one of the Jinetes came up from the side and thrust a spear into his horse, causing the animal to throw its glowing rider onto the ground.

Garcia: Hah!
    Garcia: Pointless... !!!

Rushing up while he had the advantage, Garcia tried to thrust his sword into Garcia's chest, but was unable to penetrate the armor. Suddenly he fell to the ground, revealing Aa standing behind him with her sword drawn for the first time Garcia had seen.

Aa: Go back to Roma.

Garcia's men hurried to his side, but their general was unharmed. Meanwhile some of the infantry pushed a ram up to the gates.

Garcia: Let's clear out this castle.
    ___Aa: Make sure to remove any icons of the Savior.

Garcia: You heard Our Lady, be on the watch for any icons or relics.
    Garcia: Destroying it is the only way to avoid its influences!

Garcia: And thus the Seleucid Empire falls.
    Garcia: No wait, what...
    ___Aa: romans_scipii
    Garcia: No, that was Regnum Castiliae.

___Aa: Regardless. I must return to Huesca.
    Garcia: Please let my brother know that the threat has passed.
    ___Aa: You too, need to attend to some things in Barcelona.
    ___Aa: A much greater war has begun.
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 12, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 18, Disc 3)

Chapter 18: Invasion

Sancho: It is good to meet you at last.
    _El Cid: I am thankful that you have punished the unjust Castillians.
    _El Cid: However, I still find myself without lord and land both....
    Sancho: Perhaps a nice holding in Valencia? It's on the Mediterranean coast.
    _El Cid: Then I am your knight!

The lands in the south of Spain (near Granada and Cordoba) had finally been pacified, after much rioting and several revolts. Thanks to Aa's help, and a lot of swordwork, order had been enforced.

The Moors were still fighting, though without their earlier force. Intelligence suggested they were being reinforced from holdings in Northern Africa. Garcia had been dispatched to deal with the Moors, but also the remaining "unaligned" settlements in Spain.

Sancho was marching in the opposite direction with another force of newly trained and equipped "Revolutionary" Apellidos. Of couse, these infantry were complimented with a core of the Navarras' most trusted household knights.

Sancho (now with El Cid at his side) marched north into the lands of the French crown. A major powershift was about to take place in western Europe.

It was an invasion force that would have staggered even Leon-Castile, the Aragonese boldly took control of the land they marched through.

Sancho: Even the French cannot possibly withstand us!

Apellidos: Even the French... knights... cannot possibly withstand ussssss!!

French Knights: Even we, the French, cannot possibly withstand them!

Vassal Odo: Even I, a French noble, could not... possibly...

After the battle, Sancho rounded up a large number of prisoners, and began marching south to Huesca with all haste. Even before he arrived, an urgent summons went out to a number of the highest nobles who were subjects of the Aragonese crown.

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 18, Disc 3)

It seems you have visited Languedoc in force. I am wondering how AI will react.

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 19, Disc 3)

Chapter 19: Invasion Intermission

This is the intro popup scroll that you see when starting a new campaign game in Chivalry I. I had to show it off at some point.

So yeah. The story thus far:
    • Aragon invaded the Moorish territories, driving the Moors out of Iberia
    • Leon-Castile broke an earlier alliance against the Moors, and invaded Aragon
    • Leon-Castile was conquered
    • Aragon is invading France

Barcelona was abuzz with the news of a growing conflict between the Aragonese and French crowns. While arms and armor were produced, sold and equipped, rumors persisted about the cause. The one with the most traction: the French had been implicated in the Leon-Castile betrayal, which led to Aragon striking the first blow by dividing her forces between eastern and western fronts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Huesca, beneath a nondescript structure belonging to the Aragonese crown, lay an ancient necropolis. Ancient Spartans had been buried here with the highest and most solemn rites, which differed greatly from that of the natives. Dressed only in a decent but simple tunic, even the greatest of them would be buried only with a long knife, denoting their status as the warrior class of the Coalition. All other possessions, in particular weapons, were to be handed down to their children or nearest Spartan relative. This most Spartan of burials was because the faithful would be fully provided for in their next life...

The dry corridors were covered in fine etchings, still sharp, of old Greek text nearly unrecognizable from the more modern script used by the Byzantine Greeks. Although this was indeed the resting place for many a member of the region's long-forgotten Spartan cell, from the days of the United Greek Coalition, there were no elaborate caskets or even bones to be found. The complex indeed only had a fraction of its space dedicated to burial, which was still mostly empty.

The whole setup was more of a cross between a historical record and a Coalition monument than a graveyard. They had certainly not built it for themselves, and it was for this precise reason that it had been sealed as unholy and blasphemous to the teachings of the Savior. Breaking the seal many centuries later, Sancho Navarra ventured within in search of deliverance for Aragon.

And indeed, salvation arrived; of a different, but not wholly unexpected type. Sancho had succeeded in his intention to to call upon his ancestors' patron.

Aa, the Deity of Unnumbered Wings.

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 19, Disc 3)

Great updates

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 20, Disc 3)

Chapter 20: Western Civilization

Garcia: Where do they keep coming from?
    Garcia: I need a scout to see if there is some way they are crossing the waters from Africa.

Garcia: But before that, we must beat our enemies and show them why we are the sons of...
    Garcia: Wait, why are the infantry in such a terrible formation.
    Captain: Close the gaps men!

Garcia: No, foot to the bridge!
    Garcia: We have a special surprise for the enemy.

The special surprise: Aragonese knights who forded the river further down.

Knight: Aha, I lanced you in the leg!

Next time: We will return to the French front, and learn about what happened in Huesca.

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 21, Disc 3)

Chapter 21: The Sack of Roma

Sancho: I will take your lives, and your land!
    Sancho: Men, to the attack!

There are a couple of ways to deal with heavy units like Household Knights.

Besides the obvious like using Aragon's own heavy knights, an alternative is to use the Jinetes' armor piercing javelins. However, it is also possible to get decent charge performance from the Jinetes.

For all these methods having infantry to hold the enemy in place to ensure optimal use of the missiles or charge is very recommended.

Noble lives were taken...

And also commoner lives were taken...

Spoiler for Statistics

And even mere citizens' lives were taken (though only to become serfs of Aragon instead of France, so perhaps it doesn't count).

And then land was taken.

Foucher: You there! Stop in the name of the Savior!
    Sancho: Wait, who are you?

Foucher: A humble servant of our illuminated Savior!
    Foucher: Cease your lives of sin forever!

Scout: My King, it seems that the Circle of the Savior has openly denounced your Kingdom and declared war....
    Sancho: It is as I expected!
    Sancho: The Savior's people should be commended for taking this to heart!

Sancho: After all, the Sack of Roma ritual... even one like the Savior must feel fear when hearing about it.
    Last edited by Alavaria; February 22, 2015 at 02:59 PM.

really unexpected update

Itīs great to see the update

Default Re: The Climactic Chivalric Charge (Chap 22, Disc 3)

Chapter 22: Circle of the Savior

Sancho: For all that they're called the Sacred Circle of the Savior, they can't form a circle to save their lives.
    Sancho: Or a square.

Sancho: Hey, don't let him escape!

Officer: By the way -
    Sancho: What is it?
    Officer: What is the Sack of Roma ritual?
    Officer: It must be powerful indeed to provoke a response by the holy soldiers of the Circle.

Sancho: Oh, that...
    Sancho: The Sack of Roma is a sort of ritual battle.
    Sancho: According to the records, it must involve descendants of the old Roman lines, and be a battle.
    Officer: Er, it sounded so much more ominous than that.

Sancho: According to the hidden records of the Circle, apparently it summons a great devouring evil being from beyond the world.
    Officer: What?!

Sancho: That's the funny thing - because, you've already met her. And I met her many years ago.
    Officer: I'm confused now.
    Sancho: The ritual doesn't actually summon the Deity of Unnumbered Wings. It's simply a misconception that the Circle has.
    Sancho: Actually it isn't a ritual or anything at all. She laughed when I asked her about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123