Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider - photobook

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Tomb Raider - photobook

Hello everyone,

whoever likes Lara Croft, might adore the series of screenshots I've taken during the game. I am still not finished with the game so you can expect more pictures at a later time.

al Qamar presents: Tomb Raider 2014 - a photobook
    maxed out settings, 1080p, PNG format, captured with Fraps, no additional post-processing (native ingame graphics)

Tomb Raider - Part 1
    https://imageshack.com/a/Jsjz/1
    91 pictures - 31.07.2014

Tomb Raider - Part 2
    https://imageshack.com/a/bVYz/1
    72 pictures - 01.08.2014

Tomb Raider - Part 3
    68 pictures - 11.08.2014
    https://imageshack.com/a/Kmrz/1

Tomb Raider - Part 4 (including credits)
    194 pictures - 23.08.2014
    https://imageshack.com/a/fmrz/1

That's all folks! Enjoy the impressions! Rep me if you like the work.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 24, 2014 at 06:24 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Tomb Raider - photobook

Enough to make us thinking about real power of nowaday graphics if well supported by a strong new engine.

The square-boobs formation of my old glory called Tomb Raider II is a very distant memory, same as my Youth used to play it

Considering what I see and what we discussed tonight I suppose a less cinematic but more dramatic game; this means: realistic, reliable, immersive.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

These shots are pretty good, although looking back, I am reminded as to how ridiculous it is that Lara never died halfway through the game due to tetanus, dysentery, malaria, etc. I mean, she wanders through fetid blood surrounded by decaying corpses, with an open wound in her gut.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

that's fairly true Thanatos... I thought exactly the same so many times. Not to forget about her broken bones all the way. James Bond is a noob compared to her
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Great game, was never that of a fan of Tomb Raider but after this one... consider me in! When i finished for the first time i started it again at once, trying to reach 100%... Got to 98%!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Great game......
    Excellent pictures....
    I hope in the next title they get back to more "tomb raiding" and a little less action.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

91 Pics and you“re not even halfway through the game

I like those three of yours the best in descending order

3) https://imageshack.com/i/eyEGb7aGp

2) https://imageshack.com/i/ipHl6UDhp

1) https://imageshack.com/i/iq4KyuMOp

Your second picture has a motiv, which is used often in other art. There is a famous example I wanted to compare it too, but I can“t remember it right now.

Have some REP,

Cheers!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Imho the new Lara is the best written and best acted character I've seen in a while.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

For some odd reason, I prefer the old lara
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    These shots are pretty good, although looking back, I am reminded as to how ridiculous it is that Lara never died halfway through the game due to tetanus, dysentery, malaria, etc. I mean, she wanders through fetid blood surrounded by decaying corpses, with an open wound in her gut.
    There's a scene after the end credits where she gets a tape worm removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Painfully common these days, that the new gritty realistic reboot is actually full of shut and throws away fun for what exactly ?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

are you interested into more pictures then? Thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 06, 2014 at 02:03 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Man people are pissed about the next Tomb Raider being an xbox exclusive.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

How is this related to my pictures? Still haven't seen a single response if you are interested to see more of them

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Oh, it's not. I saw tomb raider in the title when I was searching and just posted that in here. I guess I didn't read the thread.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, apologies.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

No problem! Thanks.

Tomb Raider is a beautiful game. I“d gladly see more pics.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

That's a word. Thanks for appreciating them. Ofc I made more picture but haven't uploaded them yet. With a bit more support like that I consider to do this.
    Meanwhile I checked the Steam Community for TR 2013 and found out that people also uploaded their screens on Steam directly and it is funny some captured exactly the same scenes as I loved. There seems to be a connection.

I think that Tomb Raider has great Cinematography. Lara“s facial expression, the environment and position of camera can produce stunning images. For example, your picture of Lara sitting next to the radio transmitter.

You should go back to the first level, there“s lots of material you could use, like when lara claws her way along the tunnel to escape the collapsing doom.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

yes I always feel like being an actor in a movie. Many scenes are very unrealistic in case of body damage but except the indestructible super-hero Lara, the tube levels, triggered events and sometime too easy challenges it is a really great game.
    I will write a review on Steam once I played it throught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast