Thread: Launcher issue; please help.

Default Launcher issue; please help.

I installed the mod last night, as well as the patch. I have Steam, and (even thought I should have), I decided to try not foldering the mod for steam before going through the trouble to do so. To my surprise, the mod was working perfectly, and I had no issues whatsoever. However, earlier today, steam updated my RTW; I thought it was strange, but gave it no further thought until, just about twenty minutes ago, I attempted to run RSII. When I use the launcher, it doesn't launch the mod, just vanilla Rome, but with the change of the background being the opening loading screen instead of the usual visual of the battle sequence behind the menu. I tried opening it directly from the files, as well as changing which .exe. I used in the launcher preferences; however, this produced no effect. This is my favorite mod for Rome, so, if any of you can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Launcher issue; please help.

Can someone please help me? I tried re-installing it twice, each with the same result, this time it didn't even work when I first loaded it up, it just went right to vanilla Rome. I can't follow the instructions on the "how to folder RS2 for Steam" page because I have no idea what that guy is even talking about, so I don't even know how to follow his instructions, it just ended up being a waste of time that messed up the thing even more. Please, surely someone else on here has had a similar problem and can help me. I have the mod on a different computer, but that computer is dying very rapidly to the point that it can't even run Vanilla Rome I without extreme lag, so I need to get it on this computer to be able to play the mod.

If it helps you guys figure it out, it seems to be a problem with the .exe; there seems to be no one to launch the actual mod, so the launcher just launches vanilla Rome, which is weird, because patch 2.5 works just fine.

PM me your Steam name so I can help you properly.

Did you find a fix for this? Having the same problem. RS2.5 worked fine when I loaded it up, added the patch (onto a clean install) and now it just loads vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushwithoutmercy View Post
    PM me your Steam name so I can help you properly.
    my steam name is zubi_ashraf .. please help same problem im having .. i installed it a 100 times and a 100 different ways i installed it and still not working