Thread: This mod's CAI is cheating like a retard

Default This mod's CAI is cheating like a retard

In my play as Russia I sold Azerbaijan to Mughal empire. In the next turn a magic happened and just so an army with 15 units appeared out of thin air in the vicinity. WTF? I could see this, because we were allied and my troops were kicked out of the city after I sold it. I played H/N difficulty. If this is a normal behavior, then this mod is seriously retarded.

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: This mod's CAI is cheating like a retard

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigOne View Post
    then this mod is seriously retarded.
    A) Don't use that word, please.

B) See how far that opinion gets you here...

Ok. I wrote that out of frustration. I like the mod quite enough, but if there is cheating implemented, I will delete it. I just wish to know

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

No, it's not especially like that. It's generally regarded as a very high quality, deep and immersive mod with particularly solid AI and a proficient use of code.

I can assure you, this is not an indication of the general build of the mod.

I'm not sure what happened, however.

You'll just have to trust me on that.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

The mod isn't retarded the game is. I caught so many cheats already so i'm not playing anymore.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigOne View Post
    In my play as Russia I sold Azerbaijan to Mughal empire. In the next turn a magic happened and just so an army with 15 units appeared out of thin air in the vicinity. WTF? I could see this, because we were allied and my troops were kicked out of the city after I sold it. I played H/N difficulty. If this is a normal behavior, then this mod is seriously retarded.
    I don't know whether that's a bug or they created an army and moved it there, or perhaps it's a revolt.

Thing is, the CAI doesn't cheat-create armies, it's not in the script. The only benefits CAI gets is like 30% more money than you.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I caught so many cheats already so i'm not playing anymore.
    The game doesn't create armies out of thin air (Except revolts). I don't know what kind of cheating you refer to. As I said, the only benefits of the CAI is a bit more money and for the BAI in Hard or Very Hard, a hefty morale bonus, reload and accuracy benefits.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 31, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I know the game is unfair on many levels, but that's more a bad programing, than intention. Cavalry behavior, artillery limber, aiming, shooting your own kind of problems, formation behavior when chasing routed units with cavalry, taking casualties, when running through your own units with cavalry, which by the way AI never has. I don't believe that this can be considered cheating.
    Mughal made an army of 15 units in one turn and I am pretty sure it wasn't a revolt. I don't have that save though, as I kept playing. In the past two days I unlocked the FOW and watched the whole europe and counted armies and units, but it didn't happen again. So maybe it was a glitch after all.

Do tell how you have isolated this instance to be caused by the Mod and the Mod alone?

CAI playing fast and loose with buffing armies / spawning units while concealed by FOW is a staple of TW Vanilla games, so is AI declaring on player and then proceeding to march armies without provocation / response over enemy / neutral lands right to your front door... And yes, AI does not cheat when FOW is off. The problem(s) may be made more noticeable / become more frequent with a Mod that tweaks CAI' aggressiveness, but that's still the base game's implementation of AI.

Some mods took care of this (like TROM for S2), but that's not necessarily standard across the board. Since it's not something that's been stated as addressed by DM, then you really are having an issue with the base game (which is a dead horse beaten over an over) - you are misplacing your frustration onto a Mod that makes a solid attempt to extend a broken and never fixed (by developers) game into a more enjoyable experience.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If units have campaign map stealth ability then the AI can move those units without the player knowing where they came from. So it is not a cheat-if that is indeed the case.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I've never seen phantom armies, not even in S2TW where they are scripted to happen.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You cannot see them because they are phantoms

Wait to see the matratha strategy, im talking 24 stacks up yo ass bby!