Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn OP elephants -_-

Default Re: Damn OP elephants -_-

@King of the ring what's a fodder unit!?!?!? :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    what's a fodder unit!?!?!? :|
    it is a unit that is used to take all the damage and maybe partially hold up the enemy . eg would be Ahdath infantry as they are weak units and have no other particular value so you don't lose much if they die.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The two Indian factions have elephants, but unfortunately the sole cure for elephant problem in the eastern zones usually belongs only to the Indians themselves - the skirmish javelin light infantry and cavalry. Best to get as much javelinmen as you can when you spot any decently sized Indian army (which will have elephants for sure).

Are Indian javelin cavalry available as mercenaries in regions near India? I managed to conquer most of Persia as Khwarezmshah and now that I have secured my western front against Abbasids, I am planning to invade India but there are those elephant armies that crush all in their path.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

In the next version elephants would be easier to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    The two Indian factions have elephants, but unfortunately the sole cure for elephant problem in the eastern zones usually belongs only to the Indians themselves - the skirmish javelin light infantry and cavalry. Best to get as much javelinmen as you can when you spot any decently sized Indian army (which will have elephants for sure).

Are Indian javelin cavalry available as mercenaries in regions near India? I managed to conquer most of Persia as Khwarezmshah and now that I have secured my western front against Abbasids, I am planning to invade India but there are those elephant armies that crush all in their path.
    you can get mercenary elephants, some javelin cav in certain areas. also if you manage to conquer a castle in india you can get really cheap light javelin units but the downside is their crippling low reload rate

I think the problem is that Rajput factions get Elephant generals. When they begin to stock generals is far too much(specially in sigies, sieges are are nearly unwinnable if too many elephants) and that goes double for poor ghaznavids. Porr basards don`t have javelin cavalry nor javelin skirmishers. Archers are useless and gaging up on them cost too many troops and probably you won`t win any way. Elephants need to be nerfed a little bit. Or perhaos eliminate the reinforcement script for rajput factions.

I have done a Ghaznavid campaign before and attacked the Indians and didn't find them too hard to conquer(Well a lot harder than other bordering factions) after you just recruit the available mercenarys and recruit your own elephants at multan. about the city assault situation I try to keep the elephants busy with spearmen and try to get my javelin infantry to throw at the elephants while they are busy.

one question I have always had about the elephants was why did the mod remove the elephant rage/out of control mechanic?

Good question. I have no answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12