Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeI 0.95 Released!

Icon4 DeI 0.95 Released!

The Divide et Impera team is proud to announce the release of our last beta update, 0.95. Please head over to the download thread to see the patch notes and the download link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-28-07-14)

Some notes:

1. For save games, you will have to research the new unit upgrade technology to fix your recruitment. Also, save games will load slow at first due to the number of changes. Some may even seem to stall, just be patient.

2. There is now a part 7 on Steam for this new update. This will be the last update for that Steam version (with the 5 out of date parts, etc). Our release of the mod (1.0) will have an entirely new Steam version.

3. 1.0 will not be save compatible in any way, but it will not be adding new content. If we make any significant balance changes (battles), I will retroactively apply them to 0.95 for save game users. The 0.95 version will remain available for save games but most likely will not be updated going forward.

4. If you find any bugs with our latest release, please head to the new bug thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-0-95-Version
    Last edited by Dresden; July 28, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: DeI 0.95 Released!

I love you.

I'm so glad I chose to take a half-day from work today (for other reasons).

Aw yeaaaah.Great news! Hoping to see the new stuff added on honga.net soon.

You can see the new Roman auxiliary building AoR unit changes in the Recruitment thread. The other units you will find in their respective previews.

I will do a Mercenary Map tonight hopefully for the Recruitment guide.

Oh, boy, I guess 1.0 is gonna be out at around the start of the semester...Jupiter have mercy on my GPA.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Thumbs up, and a thousand more

Awesome! Also did you guys manage to fix the hoplite phalanx bug?

EDIT: Nevermind just read the patch notes.
    Last edited by Ano2; July 28, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Fantastic news! And thank you for getting up on Steam quickly!!!

Users are reporting a crash playing as the Romans in the early turns. If you have a crash, please post the save game if possible in the bug thread. Also please post what version you are using of both DeI (steam or TWC) and Rome 2 (14 or 13)

Slashas's Avatar Miles

standalone download is reaaaaally slow, maybe just overloaded?

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Yeeeee!

Wonderful news! Fantastic! Supercalafragilisticexpialadocious! Thank you to the DeI team for their hard work and dedication in creating and perfecting the real Rome 2 experience

I just started a Lugii campaign! Oh boy it's tough having enemies all around. New mercenary and garrison overhauls are brilliant - loved the Germanic berserkers! Nice job DEI.

Keeping your army out of town is a nice touch - although keeping the army nearby seems to be of the greatest benefit as you can call on the garrison with no negative to public order. Hopefully in future the reinforcement area can act as a grey zone between being outside and inside the city.

I do have to question some of the stats of some of the early spear units which are redundant - which is a shame for a brand new faction.

But other than that it ran perfectly, a lot faster than 0.9.

Quote Originally Posted by rjacko10 View Post
    I just started a Lugii campaign! Oh boy it's tough having enemies all around. New mercenary and garrison overhauls are brilliant - loved the Germanic berserkers! Nice job DEI.

Keeping your army out of town is a nice touch - although keeping the army nearby seems to be of the greatest benefit as you can call on the garrison with no negative to public order. Hopefully in future the reinforcement area can act as a grey zone between being outside and inside the city.

I do have to question some of the stats of some of the early spear units which are redundant - which is a shame for a brand new faction.

Can you explain to me how the new negative public order with military works. When I tried to play I was getting +++ from military presence, but ---from characters. Was a bit weird. Is this how its meant to work or am I missing something?

Having just played a couple of turns, here's a few observations:

• The look-and-feel of the game is now top-notch. The new menu background and loading screens really make this feel like an expansion of the game in every way, and I dig the little touches like the maps.
    • I'm really liking the new AOR signifier and the faction-specific mercs.
    • Patch 14 and the improved/faction-specific garrisons means many will have to up their game at least a little bit. I've only played two town battles, but when even a level 1 town has ~10+ units, you can't just send 1 army and assume it will be a cakewalk.
    • I'm not gonna lie, the new public order and army system is going to take some getting used to, because it's such a radical departure from both vanilla and the old DeI. I'm agnostic about it for now, I'll get a better handle on it as I go along.
    • Load times, especially right after battles really are a million times better.
    • The Roman early-game crash is killing me. I hope it gets fixed soon, because I haven't played a Rome game since my very first playthrough in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    Can you explain to me how the new negative public order with military works. When I tried to play I was getting +++ from military presence, but ---from characters. Was a bit weird. Is this how its meant to work or am I missing something?
    When you station an army in a city (garrison the army), you get a public order negative. But, you get a replenishment bonus, ammunition bonus and other bonuses (and the army doesn't use food).

Quote Originally Posted by rjacko10 View Post

The redundant units are probably the AoR units.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Having just played a couple of turns, here's a few observations:

• The look-and-feel of the game is now top-notch. The new menu background and loading screens really make this feel like an expansion of the game in every way, and I dig the little touches like the maps.
    • I'm really liking the new AOR signifier and the faction-specific mercs.
    • Patch 14 and the improved/faction-specific garrisons means many will have to up their game at least a little bit. I've only played two town battles, but when even a level 1 town has ~10+ units, you can't just send 1 army and assume it will be a cakewalk.
    • I'm not gonna lie, the new public order and army system is going to take some getting used to, because it's such a radical departure from both vanilla and the old DeI. I'm agnostic about it for now, I'll get a better handle on it as I go along.
    • Load times, especially right after battles really are a million times better.
    • The Roman early-game crash is killing me. I hope it gets fixed soon, because I haven't played a Rome game since my very first playthrough in vanilla.
    Please, if someone can, upload a save game that has the Roman early game crash. I have played countless Roman campaigns and I am getting no crashes.

Just wanted to say 10 turns into my roman campaign and no crashes so far. Loving the new map faction colours and the new garrisons are a HUGE improvement. I would say more but there are barbarians that are in urgent need of slaughtering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    When you station an army in a city (garrison the army), you get a public order negative. But, you get a replenishment bonus, ammunition bonus and other bonuses (and the army doesn't use food)
    Yeah, except I'm not getting a public order negative. Instead I'm getting negatives from my characters (generals) and still getting positives from military presence. If I simply build more units into my stack then my public order goes up because of military presence.

Allow me to show you:

Then over the next two turns, I simply recruited more men (moved some from my other stack) into one bigger army in Athens.

I tried this out with a few factions to test it and it was the same each time. My question is, is this how it is meant to work, or is it something on my end? I did make sure to remove all my other mods, with the exception of GEM and a blood mod. On my mod manager I have zero conflicts.

If this is how it is meant to work, then I'm confused, cos it just means that I'd be getting a negative public order from characters, and simply increasing the size of the army would counteract that.

Hope you can help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast