Thread: BETA release?

Default BETA release?

Hello!

Anyone was thinking about a probable Beta release?

Default Re: BETA release?

Put as is. Maybe someone will finish it.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Well, the mod is indeed far developed - however, some few factions are still completely open regarding the model-making.
    Of course, I can put out a Beta. Things like gameplay, music ...etc. is something which really can be improved by someone else. Anyway, models and modelmaking of AoD2 follows a high degree of historical authenticity and each little part has been discussed by the team (includes buildings, textures, models). And this topic will be finished with my help since I have studied this period during the last 8-10 years. Therefore we cannot speak about a beta-release - at least not at the moment.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; January 13, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

You know better Pompeius Magnus!

Indeed I was thinking that a beta release would help the players understand what the mod needs more (much like Hegemonia) which is close to the final release. Also almost all the old previews are erased, when we are talking about the picture part and the eye candy. And I have lost a little bit track what happens in the development of the mod. Are most factions completed with rosters? Maps, cities and positions? Texts?

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Rosters are done, the Map is basically finished. I say "basically" because I'm not satisfied with some of locations regarding cities. This is however something which can be considered as a "minor"-part. The setup of armies is still completely open. Just for testing purpose I have put some armies to the map to get an impression about sieges and field battles.
    Unit stats are also not finished and are partially taken from the IB mods just for testing - but since the stats from the IB mods are really really good, I think that this task may be considered as "nearly done". We have also some phantastic music files which were produced just for AoD2. I prefer to implement some more tracks, but since we have no music maker in our team, this issue is also best described as "minor".
    Well, the most important part is to finish the model-making (by our model-makers) and my job is to fill the map with life (characters and units) and to finish our customized cities. And yes, faction descriptions, building descriptions and unit descriptions are not done yet, this item is completely open.

edit: I played yesterday with AoD2 and I'm not exaggerating when I say that empio, morfeasnikos and Rarity made a phantastic job regarding models and textures. You really get a piece of art-work when the mod is done.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; January 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    Rosters are done, the Map is basically finished. I say "basically" because I'm not satisfied with some of locations regarding cities. This is however something which can be considered as a "minor"-part. The setup of armies is still completely open. Just for testing purpose I have put some armies to the map to get an impression about sieges and field battles.
    Unit stats are also not finished and are partially taken from the IB mods just for testing - but since the stats from the IB mods are really really good, I think that this task may be considered as "nearly done". We have also some phantastic music files which were produced just for AoD2. I prefer to implement some more tracks, but since we have no music maker in our team, this issue is also best described as "minor".
    Well, the most important part is to finish the model-making (by our model-makers) and my job is to fill the map with life (characters and units) and to finish our customized cities. And yes, faction descriptions, building descriptions and unit descriptions are not done yet, this item is completely open.

edit: I played yesterday with AoD2 and I'm not exaggerating when I say that empio, morfeasnikos and Rarity made a phantastic job regarding models and textures. You really get a piece of art-work when the mod is done.
    Fantastic news.

Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus

Pompeius Magnus can I overtake this ?