Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EB2 live beta preparations

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: EB2 live beta preparations

Personally I lost my gaming computer. Currently I can not even play big EB battles.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

ah, coolio.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

No preparations. Just playing Mass Effect here while I wait for this bloody mod to be released.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

so when exactly is this mod been released?? I have grown a beard and lost my hair in the time I have been waiting for this mod to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    so when exactly is this mod been released?? I have grown a beard and lost my hair in the time I have been waiting for this mod to be released?
    Read the FAQ, in August, likely after the 22nd.

LOL. This is nearly literal for me, sucks getting older. Being able to grow a thicker beard is nice though.

Never bought Rise of the Samurai, wasn't crazy about the setting, and played Shogun II much much less than any of the other Total War Games...but I'm thinking about it now. $7 bucks on steam at the moment...give me something to kill time while waiting for EBII.

Take your time EBII staff, think we can lose a few more hairs before you're all ready to release it.

Great thing about getting older is that your perspective on time changes. A day is nothing, it goes by in a flash. A week isn't much longer. So even if this takes another month, it's no big deal since that amount of time disappears under the weight of work, spouse, children, chores and so on.

icenii's Avatar Civis

Finish my current Romanii campaign I am only about 20 turns away from victory. Of course this means that I probably will not want too start a Romanii campaign right away in EB2 but I have so many more factions too choose from.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

yeah well 5+ years to make this mod...is a hell of a long time and credit to the team for time and effort they put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    No preparations. Just playing Mass Effect here while I wait for this bloody mod to be released.
    EB and Mass Effect? This man's got taste.

I love Mass effect and Mass effect 2.

I was disappointed with ME3 (But the citadel DLC was epic)
    Crysis
    I like Crysis 2 because of its soundtrack (Hans Zimmer is a genious)
    Battlefield 3
    World of Warcraft
    all of the age of empires (Age2, mythology and age3)
    Warcraft 3
    Starcraft and Starcraft 2
    The call os duty series (love some and hate some)
    Assassins Creed series (dissapointed with assassin creed 3. they should have done a roman era assassins creed, that would be epic)

Hi guys, just want to check in here and add my reply to the line of 5+ years waiters. Yeah, while waiting for this awesome mode my son was born, I've changed the country of leaving and my carrier are right about time flow and yes, we can wait another couple of years just kidding. Thanks all you guys who was working on this mod and can't wait to unleash the hell!!!

yeah well 5+ years to make this mod...is a hell of a long time and credit to the team for time and effort they put in.
    It's difficult for people to understand how much base-level stuff has to change in a total conversion mod. EB1 was revolutionary in many ways, but it was still building on a game based roughly in the same time period. So the cities and even all the "environment"-type text files already had an ancient flavor. We changed a lot, but in many cases we could keep quite few things that already existed...or just tweak them a bit. But EB2? M2TW was built on a 100% medieval period platform. So EVERYTHING changed. Every single word in every single file. The amount of work put in on the base level stuff ALONE (forget all the cool enhancements and special features) was massive.

It's great that you guys celebrate the work of the artists and the graphics whiz kids who built all the shiny new toys - and EB2 wouldn't exist or be much fun without them - but think for a minute of the much larger group who slaved away in the trenches, writing up the unit and building descriptions, designing the governments, developing the scripts, creating new diplomatic texts, researching and developing the armor, weapons, tools, and ancient languages, and a hundred other little things that you'll barely notice because they...all...just...fit. Well, all of that had to be done, and done right or the mod as a whole wouldn't be as immersive as it is.

It's not surprising that so many total conversion mods fail....so few realize the magnitude of what they have embarked upon. So to be nearing the harbor at long last....well, it's very satisfying for very many.
    EBII Council

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Well I believe a thanks is an order! Thank you very much for the time and effort you all have put into this immersive experience, it will undoubtedly bring much excitement to this forum and ensure this mod is ever alive! This is a testament to what a determined group of people can do! Bravo!

i will sure enjoy every bit of EB2 and hope it gets updates

Quote Originally Posted by maurel View Post
    I love Mass effect and Mass effect 2.

I was disappointed with ME3 (But the citadel DLC was epic)
    To me Mass Effect 2 was the best in general, though the original ME had a somewhat more coherent and grander feeling to it. Also the characters seemed more, genuine and indepth. Mass Effect 3 had the best combat, but could have done with a little more RPG elements. I wasn't that dissapointed with ending though, the most irritating thing about it is that it took me three times to figure out how I could actually make my decision. Note my first playthrough already had the extended cut.

Also Leviathan and Citadel were awesome. I never finished the one on Omega though.

Mass Effect 1 was the best IMO, probably my favorite game of all time alongside EB1 and FH2!

But the Citadel DLC was epic yep. Though with not good timing, should have been placed after a Happy ending...
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Mass Effect 1 was the best IMO, probably my favorite game of all time alongside EB1 and FH2!

But the Citadel DLC was epic yep. Though with not good timing, should have been placed after a Happy ending...
    Yeah, same for me. Loved the first, enjoyed the second and couldn't play the last except a few hours.

Steam users! If you are wondering where your Kingdoms expansion had gone since last weeks client update, do not worry it had just been merged together with the vanilla game from which u can now start the expansions. This has given me quite a bit of headache in the last two days to figure it out Obviously the solution was really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post

I take it FH2 is Forgotten Hope? Totally loved that. It is still being played btw.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast