Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] The Hobbit Influence

Default Re: [Discussion] The Hobbit Influence

I also suppose those catapult trolls are out of the question? as ridiculous as they were they'd be fun to include but likely impossible to make

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Would be fun for you and would be an asspain for us

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by BoarRider View Post
    Ah yes I understand, il just have to hope for a submod then! regarding the half trolls games workshop have a design that seems fairly similar in scale to whatever these creatures are, an alternative would be to call them ogres? ogres are briefly mentioned in the hobbit book during bilbo's riddles with gollum. Theyre also mentioned in early middle earth legendarium having fought beside orcs against Hurin. I dont think itd hurt to have them marching with gundabad or the misty mountains as theyre more wild looking and would help set them apart from mordor. "There are fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the world"
    I think you are getting trolls and ogres a bit mixed up. What was shown in The Hobbit movies look like some sort of half-starved lower breed of troll. Probably direct from WoW hehe.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Would be fun for you and would be an asspain for us
    ok sorry I wasn't really asking to include them I just wanted to know were they stood

Possibly, I read it in an extract on the LOTR Wiki which probably isnt the most reliable when it comes to sources, im not gonna fight thier case or anything dont get me wrong, I just thought since the EE has came out you guys had mabye wanted to include something fromit but no worries im just asking

This mod seems full of good ideas ! (sorry for the errors I'm french) It would be sooo epic if the dwarves had their goats riders and ballistas !

Quote Originally Posted by Eriador41 View Post
    This mod seems full of good ideas ! (sorry for the errors I'm french) It would be sooo epic if the dwarves had their goats riders and ballistas !
    Please dont! Just no silly goat cavalry or balistas with anti arrow shots...those scenes made already bad film even worse...
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Quote Originally Posted by Eriador41 View Post
    I do not believe we are planning on implementing either of those. They are not lore-accurate, and at least in my opinion they are impractical and stupid.

Well, I know some people who don't like goat idea and people who will be very happy to see Dwarf Goats in the game. How about this: after the mod is finished, you could release (only if you want) a small patch. It will contain Dwarf Goat Riders, Dwarf War Chariots, and possibly Ballistas (I am not sure if it is even possible to create anti-arrows shots.) That will make both sides happy. I think that such a comments annoy you a lot. I understand. But who, if not you, should we ask about this? You guys are doing an AMAZING mod right know! You have all what it takes to make a beautiful mod. Just please understand that some people who are fans of these movies want all that stuff that comes from the movies. But the thing is, that most of us don't have a skills to make what we want. That's why we ask this of you. You don't like dwarf goat - we respect your views on this, but please respect ours. Just take for consideration of making a patch with these characters after the mod is done. The other people will thank you for it. Believe me. Please don't get annoyed by this post - I don't mean any disrespect.

I thought its been discussed long time ago. We wont make goats for dwarves nor any dwarf cavalry unit. We will rather create few warg riders instead

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I thought its been discussed long time ago. We wont make goats for dwarves nor any dwarf cavalry unit. We will rather create few warg riders instead
    sorry if I misunderstood you but wargs for the dwarves?
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    greetings atthias
    No he means that Wargs will be the only bizarre cavalry type in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    greetings atthias
    I meant I would rather create one warg rider unit for Gundabad and another different one for Isengard than making goat cavalry for dwarves (if we are talking about time consumption).

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfDwalin View Post
    Well, I know some people who don't like goat idea and people who will be very happy to see Dwarf Goats in the game. How about this: after the mod is finished, you could release (only if you want) a small patch. It will contain Dwarf Goat Riders, Dwarf War Chariots, and possibly Ballistas (I am not sure if it is even possible to create anti-arrows shots.) That will make both sides happy. I think that such a comments annoy you a lot. I understand. But who, if not you, should we ask about this? You guys are doing an AMAZING mod right know! You have all what it takes to make a beautiful mod. Just please understand that some people who are fans of these movies want all that stuff that comes from the movies. But the thing is, that most of us don't have a skills to make what we want. That's why we ask this of you. You don't like dwarf goat - we respect your views on this, but please respect ours. Just take for consideration of making a patch with these characters after the mod is done. The other people will thank you for it. Believe me. Please don't get annoyed by this post - I don't mean any disrespect.

After our release there will undoubtedly be submods for the game, it is likely one of them will make the anti-tolkien dwarf units you are referring to. I think people forget that LOT is literature, first and foremost, with stories, themes and plots. Many called LOTR the most influential books of the 20th century, the undertaking of turning that universe into a video game is one that needs to be done with the utmost caution. Tolkien did not write his books to be made into a move (he actually said that he thought they would never make a good movie), if not a movie how much less a video game?

Please take into consideration that just because Peter Jackson took a huge dump on Tolkien with the Hobbit movies does not mean that we will to.

Alkar can you back me up a little here?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I meant I would rather create one warg rider unit for Gundabad and another different one for Isengard than making goat cavalry for dwarves (if we are talking about time consumption).
    I understand and agree
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Alot of people hate the Hobbit, myself included, i recently saw the extended clips and they are worse, that's how most of the team feel also.

Never were dwarves described with a great love for animals so having goats is against Tolkien in general and pretty embarrassing that Peter Jackson forgot...
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    Alot of people hate the Hobbit, myself included, i recently saw the extended clips and they are worse, that's how most of the team feel also.

Never were dwarves described with a great love for animals so having goats is against Tolkien in general and pretty embarrassing that Peter Jackson forgot...
    I don't hate Hobbit. I still consider it's a good movie, one of the best recently.
    Talking about films, BatmanVSuperman is very promising start for DC Extended Universe, what you think? xD It's discussion so nice to dicsuss here favourite comics cinematic universe and such.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Will there be misty mountains goblins from The Hobbit ?
    Last edited by Ironfoot; November 06, 2015 at 03:54 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    After our release there will undoubtedly be submods for the game, it is likely one of them will make the anti-tolkien dwarf units you are referring to. I think people forget that LOT is literature, first and foremost, with stories, themes and plots. Many called LOTR the most influential books of the 20th century, the undertaking of turning that universe into a video game is one that needs to be done with the utmost caution. Tolkien did not write his books to be made into a move (he actually said that he thought they would never make a good movie), if not a movie how much less a video game?

Please take into consideration that just because Peter Jackson took a huge dump on Tolkien with the Hobbit movies does not mean that we will to.

Alkar can you back me up a little here?
    Oh yes one only has to take a look into his personal letters to get a feel of his views on audio-visual adaption of his works. He was very particular about such things, and didn't want his works to become "ridiculous" when adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar135 View Post
    Please dont! Just no silly goat cavalry or balistas with anti arrow shots...those scenes made already bad film even worse...
    WHAT THE DID YOU SAY?

THAT MAKES THE FILM WORSE, AND THE FILM IS BAD?

THAT IS THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE HOBBIT SERIES SO FAR, AND THE LATEST. AND THE GOATS ARE COOL IT ADDS TO THE EFFECTS.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT THEY MAKE THE MOVIE WORSE LIKE IT ALREADY IS.

the mod better have the goats plz dev everyone wants goats.