Thread: How to remove ACW?

Default How to remove ACW?

I've enjoyed this mod. Beat it for both sides, but now I am trying to remove it so I can get my system back to vanilla. I have removed the file but every time i start the game it runs in acw setting. And all factions are off.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: How to remove ACW?

No idea what you've done there. If one follows the instructions in the installation guide, all should work fine.
    Just remove ETW and re-install it...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Just for clarification, I uninstalled the game again, then deleted all files and reinstalled it. Game works great now.

I installed ACW 3.4, the patch, and then 3.5 Beta... worked great for 3 days... then, CTD on startup... researched the heck out of the forums re: troubleshooting... did reinstall... no dice. Time to uninstall and move on. Now, I did reference the uninstall guide on the install page, however, I want to make doubly sure that all files pertaining to ACW are indeed uninstalled. I ran music uninstaller and uninstalled ACW from ADD/REMOVE programs... manually deleted ACW folder in Steam apps/common/etw folder... WHAT ELSE REMAINS FOR A CLEAN UNINSTALL?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob101 View Post
    I installed ACW 3.4, the patch, and then 3.5 Beta... worked great for 3 days... then, CTD on startup... researched the heck out of the forums re: troubleshooting... did reinstall... no dice. Time to uninstall and move on. Now, I did reference the uninstall guide on the install page, however, I want to make doubly sure that all files pertaining to ACW are indeed uninstalled. I ran music uninstaller and uninstalled ACW from ADD/REMOVE programs... manually deleted ACW folder in Steam apps/common/etw folder... WHAT ELSE REMAINS FOR A CLEAN UNINSTALL?
    I've been putting off posting in hopes of solving this myself, and not loading the forum up with the same post! I have went through these Steam folders looking for a smoking gun for two weeks... & nothing! I'm on my 6th uninstall an reinstall. All the other Total War games i have play fine.
    I started with ETW and then loaded the Darth Mod and loved it, but always wanted to play a good Civil War Game since Sid Meier's Gettysburg & Antietam. So I uninstalled the Darthmod and Installed the above ACW's. (Liked it but i didnt love it) Wanted to go back to DarthMod. & Here I am it will not Launch.