Quote Originally Posted by Dwarvengamer12 View Post
    You got me there...I meant to see them fighting
    But on one of 4 screens they fight with gondoreans XD

Default Re: [UPD 20 AUG 16] Preview: Dwarves of Erebor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    But on one of 4 screens they fight with gondoreans XD
    I meant to see them fighting in a video XD

Hello been silently stalking these forums for a while and love what you guys are doing I've always been too busy with RL to get involved with mods but it's something I'd like to try especially since stuff I do I can use for my own portfolio with is lacking at the moment, so anyways I've had some (well alot) free time lately and decided to get back into my 3D modeling and something I had hanging around in my PC that I started back up on was a dwarf model I never finish, I don't know the requirements of unit models or anything for attila so I dont know if you guys would be able to use it but I'm working on it anyways so I thought I might as well offer again its still a early WIP still havent even UV'd most of it
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by yamilboricua View Post
    Hello been silently stalking these forums for a while and love what you guys are doing I've always been too busy with RL to get involved with mods but it's something I'd like to try especially since stuff I do I can use for my own portfolio with is lacking at the moment, so anyways I've had some (well alot) free time lately and decided to get back into my 3D modeling and something I had hanging around in my PC that I started back up on was a dwarf model I never finish, I don't know the requirements of unit models or anything for attila so I dont know if you guys would be able to use it but I'm working on it anyways so I thought I might as well offer again its still a early WIP still havent even UV'd most of it
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Oh my...you have some talent for sure,the dwarves in this moment are stalling at the moment so if you got talent you should join the mod,this model look almost exactly the same as lotr dwarf would look(just mising beard and long hair but that is easy to add).I hope you will manage to get into this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by yamilboricua View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

If you'd like to join the Mod just PM Mr. Jox or Vikus.
    -Cshewey

The Tower Project YouTube Channel

Incredible Medieval 2 Total War Content

Hey!
    I was thinking...Since you guys don't want to make Dwarves of Orocarni (Such a pity, but I totally understand your decision since they were not involved in War of the Ring) how about just make four extra units for Erebor? One for each clan! Something like "Blacklock Pikemen", "Hammers of Ironfists", "Axes of Stonefoots" and "Stiffedbeards Swordsmen". Just an examples. I hope that you will think about this I personally think it would be great to have that option in the mod. What say you?

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Hard to tell because dwarves of Erebor are absolutely different dwarves than dwarves of Orocarni. Last can be called evil dwarves in some cases.

i think it would be a good idea tbh, so at least they can feature even if its not in faction form. Also i would like to ask how will you do the elves for dorwinion?

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

What elves? I didn't see any elves on my last visit there
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Hard to tell because dwarves of Erebor are absolutely different dwarves than dwarves of Orocarni. Last can be called evil dwarves in some cases.

I do not agree with you on the point that Dwarves of Orocarni can be called evil. Yeah, Ironfists held grudge against Longbeards, but despite that fact, they still send 8000-10000 of their dwarven warriors to assist their brothers in their war between dwarves and orcs. Description of war between dwarves and orcs also says, that the rest of the Orocarni clans are supposed to have joined the war. So it is very unlikely that Orocarni dwarves were evil.
    Again, I would love to have options to train four extra units from Orocarni, but you are devs, you know what's best!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Most likely in different periods dwarves of Orocarni acted differently. We also indirectly know that some of dwarves fought on Sauron's side in days of Last Alliance.

Most likely in different periods dwarves of Orocarni acted differently. We also indirectly know that some of dwarves fought on Sauron's side in days of Last Alliance.

Dwarves who were fighting for evil (sometimes not always) where so-called "Wicked dwarves" who were the outcasts of all dwarves clans. And to establish the difference between these "evil" dwarves and good dwarves Tolkien called outcast dwarves "wicked dwarves". Wicked dwarves were those who were fighting at the side of evil. None of the seven clans ever teamed up with evil.
    Ironfists were fighting Longbeards over Gundabad, but that were their own business. And even later despite that fact, Ironfists still sent their troops to help Longbeards in their war.
    Last edited by dwarfDwalin; October 12, 2016 at 04:18 PM.

Everything is looking amazing.
    Just wondering with the dwarves and their battle tactics as seen in The Hobbit The Battle of the five armies. Will you be able to make them form a spear wall, shield wall on the run, really fast?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor SOn of huor View Post
    Everything is looking amazing.
    Just wondering with the dwarves and their battle tactics as seen in The Hobbit The Battle of the five armies. Will you be able to make them form a spear wall, shield wall on the run, really fast?
    Probably not.