Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submission 1

0 0%
  • Submission 2

6 100.00%

Thread: TotW 224: Troy - The Vote

Default TotW 224: Troy - The Vote

<< Picture of the Week | Unedited Screenshot of the Week | Graphics Competition | Tale of the Week >>

Troy

You have ONE vote!

Submission 1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Trojan Horse

Inside the Horse….

“Acamas, would you get that spear butt out of my back or I swear on Achilles beard I am going to shove the business end of my sword right up your..”
    “Yeah, you and whose army? I can’t help it if your backside is so large that I can hardly miss it with my shield much less a spear!”
    “Oh that is it, when we get out this damn horse I am so going to give you a beating Meges, you are going to wish you stayed in Athens with your donkey of a wife.”
    “Shut up the pair of you, what was that sound?”
    “Sorry, I am a bit nervous, it was me”
    “Echion, that is nasty! What the hell did you eat?”
    “He was pigging out on that rancid goat tendon stew Thoas threw out yesterday, no wonder his backside smells like that.”
    “When we get out of here, I am going to Echions tent and I am going to show his woman what a real Greek man has down his loincloth - that’ll teach him to stop thinking with his belly first.
    “Don’t worry, the stench from him will send her running away anyway”
    Ow, I just got a massive splinter! I thought this thing was smoothed out inside? That’s the last time we employ those East European carpenters, where did you say they were from Leonteus?”
    “Some place I've never heard of, Poland? Must be a village somewhere North, hell I’d rather have employed a few trojans, they may be daft as a box of wet frogs but they do know how to build things.”
    “Diomedes, what are you giggling about?”
    “Meges talking about Achilles beard, did you see the way he tripped over it when he ran round the wall running like a girl from Hector?”
    “Man it was a good thing those trojans didn't attack then, I was dying of laughter the way those scrawny legs of his kicked in the air and he ended up with his bare backside sticking in the air”
    “You know that idiot brother of his will probably make something heroic out of it, the only reason he killed Hector was that Hector couldn't stop laughing at him. What an ass!”
    “No stop it, your killing me.”
    “Wait, there it is again, like something scraping on sand
    “That would be the rest of them landing their boats again.”
    “Bit early, we’re still on the beach you idiot”
    “Maybe they are like you with your wife Machaon - far too premature”
    “No, it wasn't that, it was the doors opening”
    “Yeah right, how are you going to hear that when we've got Echion farting for Sparta
    “No it was the doors - now make a noise like a horse, boys, these Trojans are not the sharpest swords in the scabbard.”

Submission 2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A Fleeting Serenity
    The waves crash upon the coast and envelop the shore with each passing tide, grains of Sand adrift on currents awaiting a journey’s end. I watch as the sun descends below the horizon igniting the sky into an artist’s canvas. The sea spray gently contacts my skin and the tide creeping closer and closer to my toes, I know of no other way to soothe the mind. Nothing is happening; it’s just the wind, the water and honest earth.

The peace and quiet is promptly interrupted by thundering shouts and thumps of blunt objects. It was almost nightfall, who or what could be making so much noise that I could hear it from my secret cove. If for just a moment I could escape the patriarchy then I would be able to stay sane however the only thought that possessed me at that very moment was to drive them away from this serene paradise. I found myself navigating through the dense forest that shelter the cove until I reached the crest of the hill to spot the intruders.

I spot 5 boys with wooden swords quarrelling with each other, two on one side and three on the other. They clash swords for a brief time before one of them gets knocked down and receives a thump to the back of the head. Everyone stops fighting and retreats to a safe distance from each other, I hear someone starting to speak up.

“You two aren’t from Sparta and you are certainly no warrior, so much for mighty Sparta”. The figure in the middle barks, while waving his sword in the air attempting to conjure a storm from what I could see. The figure beside him steps forward and jeers “If you’re from Sparta then I must be the godlike Achilles”.

In the midst of all the laughter the boy on the ground begins to squirm reaching for his wooden sword. The non-member of the wolf pack enters an aggressive stance and charges forward toward the giggling hyenas.

“I don’t think so Spartan” the leader taunts as he parries the sword thrusts and sends him into the dirt alongside his friends. He bends down and takes possession of the two swords and threw them right where I was hiding. I retreat behind a tree praying that I haven’t been spotted, picking up a sizable rock along the way. My muscles tighten; I could feel the Tendon in my legs starting to strain as if telling me to run far away.

A thought manifested as I stood behind that tree with rock in hand. Is this how the Trojans felt when strangers invade your sanctuary? I brush that thought aside as the footsteps gradually become louder, the white of my knuckles comparable to the clouds above.

Default Re: TotW 224: Troy - The Vote

Thanks to everyone who voted! A little confidence has been instilled into me

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Congratulations SanyuXV

+rep

EDIT: When I get my quota back!!

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

pah, Philistines, not a single lousy vote, harumph

In truth well done Sanyu, the better tale won - convincingly! I'd better not give up the day job for comedy any time soon I think.

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

+rep for you too Ybbon.

Because I promised you in another thread...and I feel a little bit of pity for you right now.

However, you'll have to wait too!!!