Hey, first post here but lurking for a while. Just a few questions about modding, wanting to change a few things. If anybody is able to help it would be greatly appreciated. Don't know too much, have only really played around with traits and unit stats. Vanilla 3.2, if theres any other informtion let me know.
1. I hate how devastating catapults can be, losing 30 men to a rock is pretty unrealistic to me. Catapult rocks in reality are very small so how would I be able to reduce the damage, maybe capable of 1 man per row instead of 3-4? Is there a place I can reduce the splash radius?
2. Why are Isengard wargs not in a lined formation whereas misty/gundabad are? Can this be changed?
3. Horse archers. I ask them to attack someone, they get in range and start firing but continue charging into the enemy? Any fix apart from stopping them manually?
4. Skirmish mode for foot archers. Can I increase the distance enemies have to be away for it to take effect or have them stop mid firing to run? Sick of them being destroyed because they keep firing even though cavalry are about to smash them.
5. Cavalry. Had an instance where in a single charge, 14 cavalry killed 65 of my men. Doesnt happen. This might be a drawn out question but is there a way to have a cavalry unit lose or have men damaged when they charge an enemy unit? Or reduce how deep their charge goes? Dont think people in the 4th row would be killed instantaneously like they are. Even if they are knocked down and get up again? Any way I can reduce the lethality of a cavalry charge. Or even if a spear unit(non-pike) was able to stop them from charging 4 ranks deep? Any suggestions at all?
I feel like theres no real defense against cavalry lest pikes?
6. Trolls and troll catapults. I dont want to weaken trolls but sick of going up against their armies (I'm the silvan elves at the moment) that have on average 6 units of trolls, is there a way to reduce the AIs capability to gather trolls? Very frustrating. Troll catapults too, wayyyy too many appearing, just want to reduce the amount i encounter, not their strength. Also, where can i alter the trolls morale to make them routable?
7. Am i able to stop only the first row of a unit from charging? Is there a reason for this or a way to get around it? Adding, when spearmen charge horses, they dont stop, they just keep running doing no damage until they are cut down themselves.
8. Archer charges, when i use alt to get archers to charge, they run at the enemy with bows out and only get their swords out when theyre a s very short distance away, can i change this?
9. Unit reaction times. Cavalry are about to be charged by spears, (my fault for forgetting) they stand there for 10 minutes before deciding it might be a good idea to move away by which time they are killed. Or when infantry are about to be charged, I move them but they reform, rotate slowly before running slowly. Can I speed up reaction times?

Any help would be massively appreciated, i know many will be impossible to change but i live in hope! Cheers