Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Free Peoples II

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [HS] The Free Peoples II

Come on, Gimli! Either play your turns on time or quit and we'll find someone else who will!

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Eriador
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ugthak has been defeated twice (guy still doesn't die, this part of the game is a serious flaw) and Hoarwell has been taken. HE.

http://www.filedropper.com/fp2he14

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

The armies of Saruman have been wandering through the Free lands of Eriador for too long. Finally Elrond was able to catch and defeat them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

There is very troubling news from the Mithlond Borderwatch. The Dwarves have crossed the border and are now marching on Elvish lands. Elrond is deeply shocked, because not long ago the Dwarves and Elves agreed to a non-aggression pact. Mithlond is evacuated and the Elves are boarded on the ships. Elrond issues a serious warning to Dain. Leave Elvish lands now or be forever hunted, to death, to the last dwarf.

Isengard up

Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Well. I've just been thrown into things and really have no idea whats happening outside of my save besides a civil war between orcs. To be honest, when you have the strongest military, I think its best to go after the person who is the most threat to defeating you.
    So I guess that's you, eh Chieftain? I was hoping that to be the case. The Gungabad orcs carefully watch their borders and are well-prepared for any invasion, but we are pleased to have non-aggression pacts with the men of Eriador and the Dwarves of the west.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    There is very troubling news from the Mithlond Borderwatch. The Dwarves have crossed the border and are now marching on Elvish lands. Elrond is deeply shocked, because not long ago the Dwarves and Elves agreed to a non-aggression pact. Mithlond is evacuated and the Elves are boarded on the ships. Elrond issues a serious warning to Dain. Leave Elvish lands now or be forever hunted, to death, to the last dwarf.
    How does it feel, eh? Don't worry im sure he was very vague with his diplomaciez, eh? Man, I wish I was kanadian, eh.

Also Joe, how can you like all those horrible tedious stuff with the movement points and so on. It's the worst part about hotseating to me, I do enjoy spending alot of moneyz on my economy tho, I was always afraid of going bankrupt. especially in WTW where if you have no forts you're dead, it's why I play economically secure and out of the way factions like Stark and Arryn. Also playing Stark is when I found playing with a small alliance the most enjoyable, helping Tully against Lannister/Joffrey and maybe allying with Arryn/Greyjoy is the best.

Damn I should have asked for a non-aggression pact with Gundabad instead of friendship, damn fine prints! I'm also sure you're non-aggresion pact will last along time Joe....

Eh?

Citizen

I'm a detail-oriented person, what can I say? My job involves doing accountings, and I genuinely enjoy diving into the details. So my gaming preferences are similar. You must be one of those artistic types who can't balance a checkbook.

If Dwarves and Eriador don't trust me, they are welcome to check their borders. I don't completely trust them either, which is why I'm watching mine carefully. Try it sometime instead of blindly taking people's word in a free-for-all game.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    So I guess that's you, eh Chieftain? I was hoping that to be the case. The Gungabad orcs carefully watch their borders and are well-prepared for any invasion, but we are pleased to have non-aggression pacts with the men of Eriador and the Dwarves of the west.
    Oh if that is the reason, let me point out that as HE I don't apply for 'being the most threat to defeating you', actually I think Joe as OoG is that threat!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    How does it feel, eh? Don't worry im sure he was very vague with his diplomaciez, eh? Man, I wish I was kanadian, eh.
    I don't feel like I'm gonna have to complain about it for the rest of the HS , but it certainly opens some new options for the Elven-Eriador alliance. We are fighting Isengard together and if the Dwarves wish to be on the list too, they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    I'm a detail-oriented person, what can I say? My job involves doing accountings, and I genuinely enjoy diving into the details. So my gaming preferences are similar. You must be one of those artistic types who can't balance a checkbook.

If Dwarves and Eriador don't trust me, they are welcome to check their borders. I don't completely trust them either, which is why I'm watching mine carefully. Try it sometime instead of blindly taking people's word in a free-for-all game.

You know, Matto was going to attack me from the start, but I used my diplomacy skills (Yes Arrow, that's important in ffa hotseating ) to convince him to take a NAP with me and attack OoG. I'm not sure how far he got to attack OoG, I noticed he was lingering about, but it is a shame Dwarves have a new player But don't worry Joe, I will also try to convince him to turn to you, hehehe

Citizen

Aw, really? Matto and I also agreed to neutrality from the start, so I wonder who he was lying to...

And I would say that because of the great distance between my lands and Dwarven lands, both you and Eriador are more immediate threats.

You know, Matto was going to attack me from the start, but I used my diplomacy skills (Yes Arrow, that's important in ffa hotseating ) to convince him to take a NAP with me and attack OoG. I'm not sure how far he got to attack OoG, I noticed he was lingering about, but it is a shame Dwarves have a new player But don't worry Joe, I will also try to convince him to turn to you, hehehe
    I didn't truly know Matto's intensions, only he does, but I heard from Isengard that he was going to attack you, and after he left I'm sure Gallus did some diplomacy with Gimli. But if you play WTW you would know diplomacy can only get you so far, some people will do anything to win (I'm looking at you, Uri ), and if they see a chance to kill you they'll take it. If they find it fun fair enough, it's all about having fun at the end of the day, eh?

Also I had started building another spy building (it's called a guard house, right?) two turns before you attacked me Joe, I wanted to finish some other stuff before I got another spy to watch you. Mines > Spy house any day. And accounting, ugh...

Good thing my spy is here now, yaaaay.

Spy is made at a butchery for evil factions.

Well Joe, I tried to convince him to do both, but I got him to take the NAP with me and I urged him to attack you, which he apparently didn't. I explained him how strong OoG becomes once it has got a Barracks at Carn Dum, but he was also thinking about attacking Eriador. So he was undecided what to do I think, that is what I noticed from his troop movement, which basically went nowhere.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So, the honourable Lord Elrond decided to attack a patrol under a white flag. Granted, all troops of Lord Saruman travel under a white flag, for it symbolizes His purity and excellence, but this particular white flag was also a symbol parley! The Elves will pay for this treachery, His Greatness has gathered His armies and is now marching towards Mithlond, where the Elves will be shown as much mercy as Ugluk's patrol has been shown at Barrow Downs - none.

Butterwell up!

I talked with Matto after he gave me his faction and asked what he is planning to do. No he wasn't going to attack OoG, the whole plan was to attack Eriador because they are busy fighting else where and I can use their provinces much better then they can (Economy/better troops) which will better benefit me in the long run.

Like I stated to you Chieftan. I/Matto found it completely pointless to march 6+ turns to OoG to capture Carn Dum, when had troops gurading his borders (not enough to destroy my army) but if he combined those forces with troops from barracks (which would've been built by the time I got there) + additional troops form elsewhere and then it would probably be a 50/50 fight. If I lost then obviously you'd come in and take my provinces and my game would be over. I wasn't ready to take that risk. Not yet at least. If OoG wants to fight me, then he can come and get me. In the meantime I will expand as I see fit, and will take what I want. If you want to attack me Chieftan then go ahead. Thorins halls is well guarded/protected so no sneak attacks and I will keep Dain nearby.

OOG up.

http://www.filedropper.com/fp2oog14

Also, sry for being super salty, I'm not mad at anyone but myself for not noticing sooner, for an attack from OOG was always in the back of my mind the entire time.

Also, Gallus, he was probably vague with his diplomaciez

OOG are about to face the wrath of the largest and most powerful military in the world, BUTTERWELL, YEA

Citizen

Dain's Halls is capture and the advance on Goblin Town continues. It looks like we may be heading for a showdown...

Dwarves up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing

Screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing

Sorry, I've been thinking about what I should do next. Turn will be up in an hour

Right. Seeing as Eriador is going to find my army this turn might as well go public. I am declaring war on Eriador, I had no intentions of attacking the High Elves since he has ships. I need money to support my new army, and Eriador right now is busy with OOTMM and his lands are quite valuable. Chieftan, I hope you make the right choice. I've cost myself a lot of time debating on who I am/need to attack for the last couple turns. I honestly had no idea until this turn, but my priorities are now straight and I know what I will be doing.
    Last edited by Gimli; October 24, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

I'll have this up later today, just trying to figure out how to deal with these pesky Dwarves...

HE.

http://www.filedropper.com/fp2he15
    Last edited by PandaChef; October 26, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

Saruman's rogue forces called for parley? Cowards. 'His purity and excellence' is the biggest load of crap the High Elves have heard in over 2 ages. Let this traitor come, we will deal with him accordingly.

Isengard up

Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; October 27, 2014 at 02:22 PM.

Saruman's rogue forces called for parley? Cowards. 'His purity and excellence' is the biggest load of crap the High Elves have heard in over 2 ages. Let this traitor come, we will deal with him accordingly.

Isengard up

Really? The biggest load of dung is not Joerock's friendship? I thought it would be...

BTW you guys are never going to hear the end of this.
    Last edited by Arrow2daknee; October 27, 2014 at 02:43 PM.