Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Free Peoples II

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default [HS] The Free Peoples II

The Free Peoples II

Like I already said I decided to start a new HS with the most active players in community around to check how many still remains and also to have some fun with hotseating again after my long absence. I already invited some players who can join without asking, but all others can join only if all places won't be filled. Invited players who already confirmed their participation: Chieftain Khuzaymah, joerock22, Gimli10. I am still waiting for some other responses.

As a layout we are using The Free Peoples HS from Arrow2daknee with one big difference: there will be no good vs evil campaign, which means that all factions start neutral and diplomatic deals will play a huge role in winning this game.

MAP:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

FACTIONS:

Dwarves: Matto16
    Eriador: PandaChef
    High Elves: Chieftain Khuzaymah
    OoTmm: Arrow2daknee
    OoG: joerock22
    Isengard: Gallus

Admin: Axis Sunsoar

RULES: (taken from Shadow of the North HS)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    BASIC RULES:
    - You are allowed to reload your saves as many times you want to.
    - Turns must be played within 24 hours or you will be auto-subbed by an admin. If you fail to do your turn more than three times, without notifying anyone, you will be removed from the hotseat.
    - Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.
    - If you suspect one of the players have broken any rules or cheated, please contact the Admin and ask him to check it.
    - You are not allowed to take any region beyond the white border shown on the map above.

BATTLE RULES:
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Attacking defeated armies the following turn is allowed.
    - Its ALLOWED to use seige equipment to attack city straight instead of waiting siege equipment to construct.Siege equipment must be shown on a battle proof image.
    - All Player vs Player battles must be auto-resolved. Battles against AI can be played. Note: Screenshots are to be posted as evidence of auto-resolve.(The Odds and Results windows must not be edited in any way. Editing out Map info, Cash, and any Units/Agents/Regions not involved in the attack is fine).
    Composition of the army must not be edited and being visible.
    - No surrounding enemy armies with one stack armies, solely to deny any survivors a retreat. Blocks of landbridge ,bridges or similar, to cut the retreat is allowed
    if not in contact with the enemy army (which means the red zone around the enemy army)
    -No attacking ships inside a port. You cannot leave a blocked port without fighting the enemy ships first.
    -you can build only two forts per region max (it is meant per faction, so if faction A builttwo forts in region 1 ,also faction B can build his fort in the same region).
    -No Heroic Victories, this is because we allow reloading
    -You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further

SPY RULES:
    - Spies aren't allowed to spread plague.
    - Spies cannot open gates of settlements and forts, but they are allow to spy on enemy territory.

BUILDING RULES:
    - You may not gift a region to another faction if the city is at risk of capture.
    - No destroying of any buildings if city is at risk of capture
    - Any building except military buildings can be destroyed in settlement after you hold it for 3 turns
    - You are not allowed to exterminate a city. You must either sack it or occupy it. This is to prevent huge cities from turning into villages.

NO INVASIONS ALLOWED!
    - You cannot call an Invasion
    - You cannot join an Invasion
    - If an Invasion is called you must ignore it
    Last edited by Matto16; July 26, 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    TATW HS Community Award

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [HS] The Free Peoples II

OOG for me please. I like the fact that this isn't good vs evil...should be more interesting that way.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    there will be no good vs evil campaign, which means that all factions start neutral and diplomatic deals will play a huge role in winning this game.

Because this is pretty new to me (more like Westeros I believe), or new for any TATW hotseat for that matter, what will determine the winner? Is it last man standing, or can an alliance of 2 people be declared winner? I would think it is last man standing, which would mean making allies can be useful but also very tricky as betraying in this hotseat will not really be (considered) dishonourable? But just to be sure, I'm asking.

Hmm, my preference would be HE, as that is the only faction I never played before. But faction for me is negotiable, I'll adapt with anything.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post

Because this is pretty new to me (more like Westeros I believe), or new for any TATW hotseat for that matter, what will determine the winner? Is it last man standing, or can an alliance of 2 people be declared winner? I would think it is last man standing, which would mean making allies can be useful but also very tricky as betraying in this hotseat will not really be (considered) dishonourable? But just to be sure, I'm asking.

Hmm, my preference would be HE, as that is the only faction I never played before. But faction for me is negotiable, I'll adapt with anything.
    I was thinking of that for quite some time and I believe last man standing scenario would be better. Alliances and any deals would be only temporary that way and players wouldn't be sure whom to trust or at least for how long. For that very reasons I still didn't include victory conditions in OP because I was expecting such question.

If other players won't object, I will include it amongs the rules.
    TATW HS Community Award

I don't really know much about factions like Eriador and HE, but IIRC doesn't their AR suck really badly? Like the worst in the game by a distant? If so then maybe we could buff them a bit if this is going to be a LMS. Just a suggestion, as it could take alot of time and effort.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I can take Isengard

Nice to see you back Gallus!

And what do you have in mind with buffing those factions PandaChef? I don't think this should be such a problem now that we don't have good vs evil campaign but it is true that Eriador has very little chance of winning with current recruitment options.
    TATW HS Community Award

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Cool, I'll take the orcs of the misty mountains if that's ok.

Also, Gallus is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Matto16 View Post
    Nice to see you back Gallus!

And what do you have in mind with buffing those factions PandaChef? I don't think this should be such a problem now that we don't have good vs evil campaign but it is true that Eriador has very little chance of winning with current recruitment options.
    Well anyone who gets Eriador has no chance of winning. Even if they use diplomacy well they, it will just be a matter of time before they lose. I don't really have any knowledge in this kind of thing, maybe they could start as Arnor?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    Well anyone who gets Eriador has no chance of winning. Even if they use diplomacy well they, it will just be a matter of time before they lose. I don't really have any knowledge in this kind of thing, maybe they could start as Arnor?
    That sounds like a fun challenge, actually... If no one else wants Eriador, I will take them. I would only ask that 5 or so units of Breeland Militia be added, to make up for the units which the other factions can recruit on turn 1 (but Eriador can't). This doesn't matter so much in a good vs. evil game, but in a cut-throat game like this, it is true that it puts Eriador at a significant early disadvantage.

If Joe isn't Eriador I will be them otherwise I will be Joe's ex faction.

Allright I guess we are full then.

Axis Sunsoar will be our admin but before we start some changes will have to be made in descr_strat.
    TATW HS Community Award

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    You have a good point, Eriador's units aren't very strong and they can not recruit at the beginning. But they are capable of making like 2,5-3 stack, which is what I realised in FP 1, of course I had allies in my back which was easier.

I did some background checking on High Elves, but I think their chances of winning aren't much better than Eriador! (The only advantage High Elves has to Eriador, is that it doesn't lie in the middle of the map.) The High Elven most important settlement (fortress) always gets taken by OotMM within a couple of turns and High Elves is the only faction where you can still only train 1 unit with a Barracks! Not to mention, none of the western settlements have the option to make a barracks and hence not the option to armor-upgrade the Sword Quendi's. HE also misses any AP units at all, (besides the 1 Lindon Spear unit you get at the start), which makes HE AR terrible.. So it's gonna be some challenge!

I will not ask for a starting buffer, but if it will be offered, I won't complain

I have a question: are we allowed to move in the regions beyond the HS border without taking those regions or are they completely off limits?

You have a good point, Eriador's units aren't very strong and they can not recruit at the beginning. But they are capable of making like 2,5-3 stack, which is what I realised in FP 1, of course I had allies in my back which was easier.
    Eriador can't win, but they can survive until late in the game if they choose their allies wisely (and betray them at the right moment )
    Last edited by Gallus; July 26, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I have a question: are we allowed to move in the regions beyond the HS border without taking those regions or are they completely off limits?

Eriador can't win, but they can survive until late in the game if they choose their allies wisely (and betray them at the right moment )
    You can move anywhere you want, this includes Ammu Khand, there is just not much business there. ^^

You can move anywhere you want, this includes Ammu Khand, there is just not much business there. ^^
    you can see why that is important to Isengard though. Fangorn is a surprise attack waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    you can see why that is important to Isengard though. Fangorn is a surprise attack waiting to happen.
    I didn't want to say it, but that is exactly what I thought ^^

btw, for the map I would also include Framsburg, and perhaps Fangorn
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; July 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Citizen

It seems that Panda is fine with being Eriador, in which case I'll stick with OOG. I think we're ready to get started.

Modified descr_strat has been send to admin so let's wait for him now.

I buffed HE and Eriador a bit by adding 4 aditional Breeland Milita units to Eriador and 2 additional elven units in Rivendell so they will have some chance against sudden attack.
    TATW HS Community Award

Will this HS use lore and past history or is every faction starting from a blank canvass?

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast