Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: [HS] Old Swords

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [HS] Old Swords

Well without an admin it Will be hard to enforce the original rules.. I have to go on souls line and agree to changed rules!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I agree with Soul's suggestion. It is the status quo in most HS now I find.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Not happy with this at all. I haven't destroyed buildings, but if I'd broken the rules too I could've done a lot with the money (ship purchases, especially). So now the poeple who have broken the rules already get to keep their illegal advantage?

This goes back as far as Turn1 and we've no admin to execute justice...
    The admin (who is MIA) would need to restore all the buildings, fine the offenders heavily and then calculate what illegal units need to be removed.

All of this would normally just be done, but we have no admin and we could be waiting weeks or longer for him to show. This discussion is purely "Do we accept this and move on understanding that we can now all destroy buildings?" or "Do we wait for Axis and hold the HS up for potentially days or weeks until his uncertain return?"' I also haven't destroyed any buildings Joe so don't think that i don't get the short end of the stick if we accept a rule change.

Overall this is very 50-50 and without a neutral Admin to decide on the matter i fear we're stuck here like helpless fools until Axis returns or we ALL agree to move on with the rule changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    This goes back as far as Turn1 and we've no admin to execute justice...
    The admin (who is MIA) would need to restore all the buildings, fine the offenders heavily and then calculate what illegal units need to be removed.

All of this would normally just be done, but we have no admin and we could be waiting weeks or longer for him to show. This discussion is purely "Do we accept this and move on understanding that we can now all destroy buildings?" or "Do we wait for Axis and hold the HS up for potentially days or weeks until his uncertain return?"' I also haven't destroyed any buildings Joe so don't think that i don't get the short end of the stick if we accept a rule change.

Overall this is very 50-50 and without a neutral Admin to decide on the matter i fear we're stuck here like helpless fools until Axis returns or we ALL agree to move on with the rule changed.
    I think we are loosing the focus here. The tree is covering the forest. We cannot take a solution of the order of "move on and change the rules because we dont have an admin". The main problem here, the one we have to solve before all others is the problem of the missing admin.

Because, with a missing admin, any problem will be defenitive and unsolvable. Without an admin, rules cannot be impossed, hence have no meaning.

In my opinion we have to find a new admin, contact Axis to give him the pass and let this new admin solve this problem (and future ones). As simple as that.

Might not be the fastest solution, but is the best and more fair one.

Perhaps you've lost focus Diablo but this was never "move on and change the rules because we don't have an admin."
    This was a SUGGESTION for a potential counter to situation, that being that we don't have an admin and could not have one for weeks if at all. Really i thought we all understood this lol. It was never a solution to the lack of an admin, it was a choice of wherever or not we we're all willing to take a loss/live with it and keep the HS moving while we tried to find one, rather than doing nothing and hoping Axis returns.

As i've stated above already we have clearly not agreed on a path, and without an admin we've no neutral party to fairly pick one for us. As such, we're left with no choice but to wait; or descend into chaos and start playing without rules.

It's pointless to discuss it further as we're clearly never going to all agree (again, i already said this above). We wait for Axis until he returns or the HS dies.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

What I have done in my TATW hotseat (the reboot - the old one died to the admin disappearing) is give the admin password to the admin and to the hotseat creator. I posted this in bold in the OP, so every player knew about it. People who couldn't trust me not to abuse the privilege were free not to join. So far no one has complained.

I would suggest that Matto or another trustworthy player in this hotseat be give the admin password if Axis returns, for safekeeping only. You really need two people to know it, or the whole thing fails too easily. In Westeros, it is much easier to find a co-admin, so that's an option too.

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

If I am able to get the admin password, I would like to either be the admin or co-admin for this. Granted it would be my first time, but I might be able to do a good job.

I know how infamous Axis's MIA streak is, I somehow end up allied to him in in almost all the games I'm in and end up subbing him at least once.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Perhaps you've lost focus Diablo but this was never "move on and change the rules because we don't have an admin."
    This was a SUGGESTION for a potential counter to situation, that being that we don't have an admin and could not have one for weeks if at all. Really i thought we all understood this lol. It was never a solution to the lack of an admin, it was a choice of wherever or not we we're all willing to take a loss/live with it and keep the HS moving while we tried to find one, rather than doing nothing and hoping Axis returns.

As i've stated above already we have clearly not agreed on a path, and without an admin we've no neutral party to fairly pick one for us. As such, we're left with no choice but to wait; or descend into chaos and start playing without rules.

It's pointless to discuss it further as we're clearly never going to all agree (again, i already said this above). We wait for Axis until he returns or the HS dies.
    You are right about this Soul, but we may have such or similar problems many times in the future and without any admin we would always have to adjust our rules and this is something that bothers me. Even with resolving current situation by accepting your suggestion there is no guarantee that there won't be any other rule breakings in the future and we would find ourselves in some kind of circle. This is something Diablo was talking about I believe.

In case admin password is given to me, I would never remain a player, but rather become admin or co-admin. The responsibility is too high and I saw many cases in which such combinations ended up very badly.
    TATW HS Community Award

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

I really want this hotseat to continue but let's wait for axis to come back.

I send him an email via his profile, hopefully he reads his mail more often then he logs on here.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

(((((((((

Sniff Sniff

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Howdy y'all, I'm going to start winding down with HS by leaving this HS and GS. Thanks for the fun guys

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

So, I'm kind of back, but I can't promise to be fully active, so if anyone has any suggestions for someone who could join as a co-admin or take over the role, I would be more than happy to turn over the password, assuming there is still interest here. I apologize for the delay that I've caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    So, I'm kind of back, but I can't promise to be fully active, so if anyone has any suggestions for someone who could join as a co-admin or take over the role, I would be more than happy to turn over the password, assuming there is still interest here. I apologize for the delay that I've caused.
    Yes there is!!!

I will PM some people tomorrow to see if they wanna co-admin. At least give the pass to someone not playing here in case we cannot have you back.

It would be great if you could help solving the Rule Breach about destroying buildings and using that money to recruit armies.

Wohooo!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789