Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [HS] Old Swords

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default [HS] Old Swords

Old Swords - veteran style Hotseat

I am opening a new veteran style Hotseat with only experience players participating. They already received their invitations and many have already confirmed their participation but for those who didn't a warning: you still have 12 hours to confirm if you are in because otherwise we are going to fill empty spaces with other players around.

We are going to use Youngbloods files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cl...oungbloods.rar

FACTIONS:

House Lannister: Diablo del Sur
    House Tyrell: SoulGamesInc
    House Stark: Korpskog
    House Arryn: Vozd
    House Greyjoy: Matto16
    House Renly: Dr Mac
    House Joffrey: joerock22
    House Tully: Stannis the Mannis
    House Stannis: The Forgotten
    House Martell: Ice Eyes

Admin: Axis Sunsoar

Invited players who already confirmed their participation: Vozd, Diablo del Sur, The Forgotten, SoulGamesInc, Korpskog and Dr Mac should pick their factions so that we can start soon.

RULES:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. You have 24 hours to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    2. It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage.
    3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
    4. Destroying buildings is not allowed
    6. You are not allowed to sally out to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    7. You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    8. Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    9. The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited
    10. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    11. No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    12. It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general
    13. Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    14. There is no one turn peace
    15. The recruitment of siege equipments and their use is prohibited.
    16. It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ships which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable
    17. in case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid next turn
    18. Four units at least per fort, four forts maximum per region
    19. The admin's decision is final.
    20. No adoptions.
    Last edited by Matto16; July 27, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
    TATW HS Community Award

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Default Re: [HS] Old Swords

Why type of other mods are here. As much as I love the original but would like to change it up a bit. Just suggesting at the moment. Ohh and welcome back Matto.

I agree to all but 2 rules... No adoptions allowed? And 4 forts per region? I think is a bit too much without any capability of siege weapons.

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

Arryn for me!

I drago mi je sto cemo opet igrati zajedno, Matto.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Stark! and I like those rules Diablo, however 3 forts a region is enough! adoptions and man of the hour is just pure luck.. no offence but when you played Stannis and I Lannister your army was composed of maybe 4 adopted nightfighters
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Stark! and I like those rules Diablo, however 3 forts a region is enough! adoptions and man of the hour is just pure luck.. no offence but when you played Stannis and I Lannister your army was composed of maybe 4 adopted nightfighters
    I couldnt run a Kingdom of 30 Regions with 5 generals. And children take ages to come of age. That happens to turn into a problem when you start growing.

Stark, duh.

Damn you Korps. Why do you do this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Eyes View Post
    Why type of other mods are here. As much as I love the original but would like to change it up a bit. Just suggesting at the moment. Ohh and welcome back Matto.
    We are using normal Youngbloods mod since most of players said they would like to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo del Sur
    I agree to all but 2 rules... No adoptions allowed? And 4 forts per region? I think is a bit too much without any capability of siege weapons.
    We could use 3 forts per region, that's no problem from my side.

Perhaps we could change no adoptions allowed into you can adopt only generals from the same great houses? So for example Stark player could only adopt general whose last name is Stark, Stannis player only a general with last name Baratheon and so on...
    TATW HS Community Award

Greyjoy taken, curse you Matto.
    I'm fine with the no adoptions (maybe just allow Man of the Hours?) and 3 or 4 forts is fine with me either way.

EDIT: I'll take Tyrell since i just had an idea for some RP.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Stark, duh.

Damn you Korps. Why do you do this to me.
    You are done playing it safe in the North, if thought it best for all if you did not take stark + they are stark

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

STANNIS

Was I ninja'd?

Heh, good shiz.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

I dont play it safe in the North. I like the challenge of having all my forces away from my homeland and having to be diplomatic with my nearest neighbors.

Imagine if I were to have Lannister or Tyrell. I'd have a ton of money and cities and castles capable of pumping out stack after stack. I'd be OP.

Then prove it and take Lannister challange accepted!!??

Still waiting for Dr Mac and Ice Eyes to pick their factions but then we are out with veterans if Guy won't join.

So I guess 3 factions will remain open for everyone to take.
    TATW HS Community Award

vozd's Avatar Vicarius

What about Diablo del Sur? He didn't pick faction eather...

I take the fact that nobody has taken Tully as a personal insult...

I was haft temped to take Tully actually Korps.
    I could record it, compared to Tyrell who i wouldn't record since i already have a Tyrell series.

On the other hand the lack of a 1 turn peace could be quite painful for Tully.

Is there no 1 turn Peace? Hmm and in that case why have nobody taken Lannister? Tully is fun but very challenging, to make it you need the support of at least Stark just hope that Arryn/Greyjoy stays quite neutral..

I enjoyed Tully a lot last i played them.
    Diplomacy wins wars however, and i tend to do a lot of it. Any faction can be crushed by the right set of enemies etc.

EDIT: I'll be sticking with Tyrell anyway. I've some ideas that'll make things interesting...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast