Thread: Rome II Total Realism FAQ

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Rome II Total Realism FAQ

R2TR FAQ

Q: What is Rome II Total Realism
    A: Rome II Total Realism(R2TR) is a total conversion mod, following the footsteps of it's predecessor RTR, that aims to provide realism and innovative gameplay while working within the confines of the Rome 2 engine.

Q: What is the current state of the mod?
    A: Currently the mod is in the beta stage. See this thread for more on our current beta release.

Q: Is there a release date for the R2TR:CCXVIII.BC campaign?
    A: We hope to release CCXVIII.BC early in 2015.

Q: Why cant I find a non steam workshop download of R2TR?
    A: As this mod is frequently getting updated and is in the beta stage of development, a single version of the mod in the public domain is preferable from a development standpoint. A non steam version will be released, but not until much later in development process.

Q: Are Sub mods supported?
    A: Currently Sub mods are not supported as the mod is in a beta state. This policy will change with a full release.

Q: Has the battle mechanics been overhauled.
    A: Yes, the battle mechanics have been extensively changed to reflect a more realistic combat model. See here for more info.

Q: Why do my armies cause public order to decrease when I garrison then in my settlement.
    A: Traditionally large armies were not allowed to be garrisoned in cities, due to the strain it would put on the local populace. To reflect this in R2TR, we have instituted a new system that provides bonuses for not housing your troops in a settlement. To learn more see this thread.

Q: Do you plan top overhaul the units for all factions?
    A: Yes, eventually we do plan to overhaul all the factions units. Currently though, the most extensive changes have made to Rome, with the other factions to follow as time and manpower allows.

Q: Has often maligned Rome 2 Naval combat been overhauled in R2TR?
    A: Yes, Naval combat has been extensively overhauled. Check out this preview for more.

Q: Are DLC Campaigns (CiG, HatG etc....) compatible with R2TR?
    A: Yes, all DLC Campaigns are compatible with R2TR, and have in fact have been have been enhanced in some areas.

Q: Can I run other mods with R2TR?
    A: Some mods may be compatible while others will not. Use at your own risk.
    Last edited by Finn; September 28, 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Updated