Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: RS2.6 questions & answers

Is there a way I can play both EB and RS at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Almighty View Post
    Is there a way I can play both EB and RS at the same time?
    Yes - have a separate install for both.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Indefinitely Banned

#dateinstein

what about the possibility to play them both at the same time?

...what about the possibility to play them both at the same time?
    I'm not sure I understand - you can only play one game at a time (well, normally). That said, with different installs, you could possibly get two different games running side-by-side in different windows. Better would be to have two separate PCs.

That said - if you mean by 'merging' the two Mods - then no, I'm fairly sure that isn't possible.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

why do you wan't to play eb1 with eb2 at your doorstep doge?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Indefinitely Banned

Let me explain myself with an example:

You have DeI and the radious mod installed on your computer. What i want to do from here is to play them without uninstalling the other one, cycle through between them. You know, you are now able to activate and de-activate mods via R2 mod manager on launcher, something like that.

Hope I put it clear as much as I wanted to.

You have DeI and the radious mod installed on your computer. What i want to do from here is to play them without uninstalling the other one, cycle through between them. You know, you are now able to activate and de-activate mods via R2 mod manager on launcher, something like that.

Does R2 use really major near-total mods that transform almost everything in the game?

I didn't realize the modding for that game was so extensive

You actually made me realize I have like four installs of RTW on my computer.

Is it possible to let reinforcements arrive in time? Because every time the reinforcements get delayed.

Right - with Rome2 on Steam and with Steam supported Mods (provided they are designed to work together and/or modify separate files), then yes - you can have both 'selected' and whenever you play Rome2 you can choose.

If you have RTW/BI/Alex on disc (certainly - as I have no knowledge of Steam use with these - but do not think Steam supports RTW Mods the same way), then there is no problem. It is entirely possible to have separate installs of: Vanilla; EB; LOTR: RSI; RSII; and as many of you like - all with their separate shortcut from the desktop. At one point I had no less than 10 different installs (not including the 'Clean' one to create further new ones - that I just didn;t touch at all) - all testing RSII (and an earlier RS1.6). I've tidied recently.

Indefinitely Banned

got it mate, cheers.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Original Gangster View Post
    Is it possible to let reinforcements arrive in time? Because every time the reinforcements get delayed.
    yes, go in preferences,there is a line called: unlimited men on battlefield.set FALSE to TRUE
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Default Asking for possible permission

Hello, I wish not only to ask a question to the RSII team, but also for guidance in this matter.

I decided not to make a new thread yet, to see if I get the answers here.

There is a mod for Medieval 2 TW called '' Hegemon: Ancient Wars '' ; while it is quite an old mod, and I guess it was not finished by its developers, there are some '' RSII units '' in it, converted to the Medieval 2 engine.

My wish is to ask for permission to use one of such units, the Spartan Hoplites, to make a sub-mod.

Here are some screens of the unit:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can notably see that, these units are imported from RSII, from RTW.

The models and textures are from the overall Greek Factions;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ( I could indentify the pieces of some units, such as: Shield from Spartan Hoplites, Armors from Spartan Metioikoi and Athenian Epilektoi Hoplite, Helmets from Spartan Hoplites, Graves from Spartan Hoplites and Athenian Epilektoi Hoplites, Standart from the Spartan Standart Bearer officer, Spears from Spartan Promachoi, etc... )

I dont know how to get to the Hegemon team, neither if they even are active around there somewhere to take requests. But since these units are originated from Roma Surrectum, and just imported to Medieval 2 engine, I wish to know if I can ask you guys for permission to use it. ( given the credits to the RSII team, of course ).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Achilles Lacedaemon; August 25, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Hello, anybody can please guide me to building tree in RS II? Having troubles with it

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Hello, anybody can please guide me to building tree in RS II? Having troubles with it
    There isn't one... though if you use the building browser it shows you that a particular building needs.

After you've been tending your settlements for a while ou do tend to remember though.

RS 2.6 RTW.exe Rome 1 turn: My games seem locked in double time: campaign map, battle map. True for all saved games now. Problem is there even if I try and start a new campaign. I'm 100+ turns into this game and would like to keep what I've got. WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    RS 2.6 RTW.exe Rome 1 turn: My games seem locked in double time: campaign map, battle map. True for all saved games now. Problem is there even if I try and start a new campaign. I'm 100+ turns into this game and would like to keep what I've got. WTH?
    So things are processing and displaying faster? Have there been any changes to the PC? Do you run with Steam?

Indefinitely Banned

One thing for sure, steam isn't the problem. Steam won't let this beautiful mod work ;'c

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Dvk901 or any other: is there somewhere an updated version of graphics and charts about traits/ancillaries, cursus honorum and political careers?
    For example like these ones
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Information

But many images are no longer working (stupid imageshack), are those available in some other places?
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Is there a way to check if I have RS 2.6 installed? Ive been over many installations in time and even though my folder says so, im experiencing incredible amount of crashes so want to make sure.

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Is there a way to check if I have RS 2.6 installed? Ive been over many installations in time and even though my folder says so, im experiencing incredible amount of crashes so want to make sure.
    Are you using a Steam version of RTW?