Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Default Re: RS2.6 questions & answers

1. go to the \data\sounds\events_dat_backup directory (f.e.: C:\Rome - TotalWar\data\sounds\events_dat_backup)
    2. copy the events DAT-File in there and paste it in \data\sounds, overwriting the existing one (you should make a Backup-File of the one you are overwriting)
    3. Get the original descr_sounds_music.txt file from an other installation of Rome (I took it from my EB-Installation); you find it in your \data Folder. Paste this File in \data of your RSII-Installation.
    4. I deleted the descr_sounds_music.txt in \play_rome_one_turn as well (because that's the campaign I'm currently playing), although I'm not sure if this is really necessary.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Original Gangster View Post
    When you decide between Economic or Fortified Region - is the Tax Bonus from 'Economic Region' still there, if you build a merged 'Economic and Fortified Region' or is 'Economic and Fortified Region' always the same no matter, if it was a Fortified or an Economic Region before?
    Whut?
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

yeah, I was afraid, that I formulated the question in a too complicated way; so let me try to explain:
    you can decide between 'Economic Region' and 'Fortified Region', those two have different benefits. But you can upgrade both of those two different regions into the same 'Economic and Fortified Region'.
    This means either, that those two regions, the former 'Economic Region' and the former 'Fortified Region', now are the same (after upgrading), because the building 'Fortified Region' or 'Economic Region' is replaced by the building 'Fortified and Economic Region', or the two regions, the former 'Economic Region' and the former 'Fortified Region' are still different, even after upgrading both to 'Economic and Fortified Region', because the tax benefits I got from 'Economic Region' f.e. are still active.

Or to put it differently:
    Does 'Economic and Fortified Region' replace the 'Economic Region' or 'Fortified Region', or do the benefits from 'Economic REgion'/'Fortified Region' still apply, even after upgrading to 'Economic and Fortified REgion'? Does it matter in any way, that I upgraded a settlement from an 'Economic Region' or a 'Fortified Region'?

When you decide between Economic or Fortified Region - is the Tax Bonus from 'Economic Region' still there, if you build a merged 'Economic and Fortified Region' or is 'Economic and Fortified Region' always the same no matter, if it was a Fortified or an Economic Region before?
    It is the same.

Specifically, "Fortified Region" and "Economic Region" both upgrade to the same building. The code only has one "Fortified and Economic Region" in it.

yeah, I was afraid, that I formulated the question in a too complicated way; so let me try to explain:
    you can decide between 'Economic Region' and 'Fortified Region', those two have different benefits. But you can upgrade both of those two different regions into the same 'Economic and Fortified Region'.
    This means either, that those two regions, the former 'Economic Region' and the former 'Fortified Region', now are the same (after upgrading), because the building 'Fortified Region' or 'Economic Region' is replaced by the building 'Fortified and Economic Region', or the two regions, the former 'Economic Region' and the former 'Fortified Region' are still different, even after upgrading both to 'Economic and Fortified Region', because the tax benefits I got from 'Economic Region' f.e. are still active.

Or to put it differently:
    Does 'Economic and Fortified Region' replace the 'Economic Region' or 'Fortified Region', or do the benefits from 'Economic REgion'/'Fortified Region' still apply, even after upgrading to 'Economic and Fortified REgion'? Does it matter in any way, that I upgraded a settlement from an 'Economic Region' or a 'Fortified Region'?
    OK, i have go it, it is clear right now. I can not tell you for sure, but i believe they become the same after the upgrade.
    I hope someone else can give you a comprehensive answer.
    Btw + rep for your nice post

They are the same. Check the EDB:
    building hinterland_settlement_determination

path_choice economic_city fortified_city merged_city
    "economic_city" -> Economic Region
    "fortified_city" -> Fortified Region
    "merged_city" -> Economic & Fortified Region
    Does it matter in any way, that I upgraded a settlement from an 'Economic Region' or a 'Fortified Region'?
    No.

The final building is the same no matter what, how you get there is completely irrelevant as to bonuses and such

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

@vardan for screenshots easy way is to use fraps for taking pictures
    you need to make an account on imgur where you can upload them
    and from there you can copy/paste the forum and message board bbcode
    and here just insert image,
    when you have alot of pictures to show you can go advanced and put a spoiler around it(the one with this icon(!)),like this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    @vardan for screenshots easy way is to use fraps for taking pictures
    Thx dude, buthow will i take that pictures, via prtscr, i can't minimise/maximase the window every single time...

no with fraps it's f10 or a button you can pick yourself.
    for looking at the pictures go in your fraps folder,there is a file screenshots...
    you must open fraps before you run the game btw
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    no with fraps it's f10 or a button you can pick yourself.
    for looking at the pictures go in your fraps folder,there is a file screenshots...
    you must open fraps before you run the game btw
    Thx.

3 questions:
    1. Sorry to bring up the "Economic/Fortified Region"-thing again, but isn't it economically more rewarding to have an "Economic Region" rather than a "Merged Economic and Fortified Region", because the "Economic Region " provides more tax-bonus?
    2. The Cimbri Invasion in my Roma-1-Turn-Campaign happened in 565 - can this happen? Well obviously it can, but it's not an indicator, that the script is broken, or is it?
    3. You need a weapons metal import in order to build a blacksmith (or the 3rd stage of colonization) - when you build the precious metal import instead, is there a way to build a weapons metal import besides, or would you have to destroy the precious metal import first?

1.yes it's more rewarding since you can build higher tier buildings like via consularis and stuff.(thats the only one i know out of my head...)
    2. can't help you with that.the only indicator i know of is the one denari added after you start playing.
    3.you can't build precious and weapon import at the same city.what you can do is build precious MI in a region that has copper,iron,lead.because you don't need weapon MI to build foundry's

Hilariously I frequently find Fortified better than Economic anyway, because the law bonus has the effect of reducing your sometimes substantial corruption, and also is a bigger public order boost.

1. go to the \data\sounds\events_dat_backup directory (f.e.: C:\Rome - TotalWar\data\sounds\events_dat_backup)
    2. copy the events DAT-File in there and paste it in \data\sounds, overwriting the existing one (you should make a Backup-File of the one you are overwriting)
    3. Get the original descr_sounds_music.txt file from an other installation of Rome (I took it from my EB-Installation); you find it in your \data Folder. Paste this File in \data of your RSII-Installation.
    4. I deleted the descr_sounds_music.txt in \play_rome_one_turn as well (because that's the campaign I'm currently playing), although I'm not sure if this is really necessary.
    Thanks!

I will try this once I reinstall the mod.

2. The Cimbri Invasion in my Roma-1-Turn-Campaign happened in 565 - can this happen? Well obviously it can, but it's not an indicator, that the script is broken, or is it?...............
    The Cimbri invasion is directly linked (iirc) to the growth of Akragas - and if you are 'enhancing' that settlement's growth, then that will bring the invasion forward.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

The Cimbri invasion is directly linked (iirc) to the growth of Akragas - and if you are 'enhancing' that settlement's growth, then that will bring the invasion forward.
    Ah, thank you, yes that makes sense, I made it grow quite a bit and am holding it at around 21k until I decide to go for the reforms.

Does Bosporus has a 1-turn recruitment mode? In the IMPORTANT_STUFF folder only Syracuse has both options

I got the Italian revolt event but the cities which usually revolt, never revolted. Why is this?

The script is enabled as I just started the game.

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

First, this mod is unbelievable. I have emphatically told coworkers to buy RTW just to play this mod. My question is, is there a way to keep my settlements from reverting to automanage when I load my save game? I check 'manage settlements' when i begin campaign, but when load my saves it always reverts back to auto, even cities with governors. Not a huge issue ATM since I am still holding original roman cities only, but I believe it will get tedious resetting each city as my empire grows.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckybandit View Post
    First, this mod is unbelievable. I have emphatically told coworkers to buy RTW just to play this mod. My question is, is there a way to keep my settlements from reverting to automanage when I load my save game? I check 'manage settlements' when i begin campaign, but when load my saves it always reverts back to auto, even cities with governors. Not a huge issue ATM since I am still holding original roman cities only, but I believe it will get tedious resetting each city as my empire grows.
    You might want to edit your preferences.

Find the RS2 folder (and go into the subfolder if you're playing one of the specific campaigns, eg: Play_Sparta) and open preferences. Look for:

MICROMANAGE_ALL_SETTLEMENTS:

(it sould probably say FALSE, change it to TRUE)