Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

Default Re: RS2.6 questions & answers

Hmm. that's interesting. I put the d3d8.dll and enbseries in the rome total directory, where the exes are. I put the battle_lighting file in the data folder. But it seemed to have no effect. Am i missing any files? By the way, i'm using the Rome Total Realism mod, which is mod foldered.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Did you also put the .ini file in there:

enbseries.ini

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I put the enbseries.ini from the "light" folder into the Rome total war directory (where all the exe are). Is that the right place?
    Rome Total War mods

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

Patrician

Yes, it is.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I did a little test of my own. I found out that in order to get the bloom effect, you have to use the launcher. When I launch Roma Surrectum by using a shortcut, there's no bloom effect. Is there any way to get the bloom effect for another mod without the launcher?
    Rome Total War mods

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

1. How can I turn off the garrison script so I won't have to get a full-stack AI army when I besiege a settlement?

2. Is it recommended to keep the garrison script off for realism? I understand that the AI is lazy to garrison settlements.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Hetman Khmelnytsky View Post
    1. How can I turn off the garrison script so I won't have to get a full-stack AI army when I besiege a settlement?

2. Is it recommended to keep the garrison script off for realism? I understand that the AI is lazy to garrison settlements.
    Using the garrison script is a matter of choice. Some like it, some don't. If you want to have less or no garrison script, look in:

...\data\_important_stuff\Alternate_Scripts

There are choices in there. Be sure to COPY the appropriate one into the right folder.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Using the garrison script is a matter of choice. Some like it, some don't. If you want to have less or no garrison script, look in:

...\data\_important_stuff\Alternate_Scripts

There are choices in there. Be sure to COPY the appropriate one into the right folder.
    you can also find the garrison script options in the launcher,under other RSII preferences
    that is the easy way imo
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

1. Yes, of course - as noted, turn it off or down using the Launcher preferences.

2. No scripted event can ever be counted as 'realistic'; however, the garrison script does mean that the player cannot trivialise the effort that should be undertaken when taking out a region/settlement. The garrison script means that the player is given a choice: either, bring siege-assault equipment with you and undertake a direct attack (I do this when there are 4-5 units present, or less); or, settle down to a siege. Keeping the 45min timer means that a full assault subsequently has a good chance of failure; and thus once more increases the effort for the player.

The AI is notoriously bad and defending and particularly in not garrisoning settlements that can be threatened - especially given the over generous movement allowances. The Garrison Script therefore helps to ensure that there is at least one major battle likely per region. The game 'should' take and is so constructed that some 400 turns/200 years should pass before the victory conditions are met - with another 200 in reserve. Such design does not necessarily suit the player who wants to 'win' in only a few hours. Me, I'll play a campaign for 1-2 years.......
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Does using the "Five Emperors" garrison script option in the launcher add the submod of the same name into SCII. I apoligise for my lack of knowledge, I'am new to SC II and have alot of forum crawling to do? And also i hit the "delete map.rwm" button, what does that do?

Patrician

No...it only adds some aspects of the Five Emperor's scripting.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Does anyone know how to move the faction treasury building in 1turn-campaign ? I wanna move my capital but the problem is the treasury stays where it was originally scripted and my economy plummets if I loose it.

Thanks dvk901! Do you know what aspects it adds? Does the submod add a slew of extra bugs? Do you recommend "Five Emperors" for a first time playthrou, i do enjoy a good challenge and will probably restart a few times at first to get set up properly and to get the just of the mechanics. I'am interested in a more realistic/immersive feel, I would rather not be able to steamroll the AI too easily. I'am thinking H\H difficulty.

How about the "delete map.rwm" button in the launcher, what does it do and did i ruin something by clicking it?

What formation is most recommended, I see "Sinuhet" is mentioned, and whats the difference between it and the others?

What do most seasoned players choose, 1 turn or 0 turn, what makes more sense realistically speaking?

What is the difference of using Rome, BI, or Alex. Again, whats recommended by you, veterans in general and realism\immersion wise.

Does the "Post-Marian Roman General" option cause any problems at all?

Well! off to do some more forum research!
    Last edited by DeadInTheWater; May 16, 2015 at 01:28 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by DeadInTheWater View Post
    Thanks dvk901! Do you know what aspects it adds? Does the submod add a slew of extra bugs? Do you recommend "Five Emperors" for a first time playthrou, i do enjoy a good challenge and will probably restart a few times at first to get set up properly and to get the just of the mechanics. I'am interested in a more realistic/immersive feel, I would rather not be able to steamroll the AI too easily. I'am thinking H\H difficulty.

How about the "delete map.rwm" button in the launcher, what does it do and did i ruin something by clicking it?

What formation is most recommended, I see "Sinuhet" is mentioned, and whats the difference between it and the others?

What do most seasoned players choose, 1 turn or 0 turn, what makes more sense realistically speaking?

What is the difference of using Rome, BI, or Alex. Again, whats recommended by you, veterans in general and realism\immersion wise.

Does the "Post-Marian Roman General" option cause any problems at all?

Well! off to do some more forum research!
    TBH, I don't remember what exactly the script added....I think there were elements that dealt with Seleucid behavior...sorry, it was a long time ago.
    Playing RS2 on H\H will be a challenge all by itself....no sub-mod is necessary.
    The 'delete all map.rwm' button deletes all files of that name in all campaigns. It's basically a 'start over' button that reconstructs the 'world'....the map, that is. It does no harm, and is useful after an update or if you've had 'issues' in a campaign.
    Playing 1 or 0 turn is a 'choice'...or better yet, a preference. )-turn tends to offer more battles and armies to deal with (and more money), while 1-turn offers less money and armies.
    Personally, I recommend Sinuhet's 'pure' formations for the AI and the player. I have done a boatload of testing of these formations over the years, and I believe they offer the best AI challenge.
    I recommend using the BI exe. It is less 'bugged'.
    The post-Marian general just changes which model is used for Roman generals on the battlefield. RTW used to be able to do this when the Marian Reforms occurred, but the last patch (1.5\1.6) broke it. So this option offers the player the opportunity to change the model used...mid-campaign....after the reforms.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Again, thanks. I really appreciate you taking the time to address my questions. I feel i have sufficient knowledge to get started. Your contribution to the community is very admirable. Just one more question, for now anyways, i read that not using the 32-bit UI/battle option boosts performance, with a hardy noticeable graphical downgrade. Can you touch on that?

Patrician

You mean the Strat map view? Yes, I think it does improve performance a bit. Not sure about the battlefield.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

You mean the Strat map view? Yes, I think it does improve performance a bit. Not sure about the battlefield.
    It improves performance if you don't use it, but on windows 8 & 8.1 you can't disable it except when you run the application in 16 bit mode (right click on the application, go to properties, then go to compatibility and select 16 bit mode)
    Last edited by 20ninescene; May 17, 2015 at 02:09 AM.

O.K. here i am again. Thanks Wraith for your response.

So i was super enthusiastic for this mod till i got into a battle with reinforcements and realized that i can't control them. I'am not even sure i want to play anymore. I restart battles if too many mistakes are made, so it makes things very tedious. Anyways, what are some tips for fighting with them effectively? I have "unlimited men on the battlefield" checked.

Also, when i load a save after initially starting, the adviser says to click to finish loading the script, but doesn't flash and when i click it, no denari gets added. Dose it still load the script? Don't tell me i have to quit to desktop and then start again every time?

Patrician

If you are in a campaign and quit, and want to play another campaign, yes, you have to exit RTW. There is no way to restart an already running script.

Controlling an AI reinforcement army is simple...check (or uncheck) the box in the battle dialogue when it comes up. I forget what it says, but you have a choice of letting the AI control them, or the player. TBH, I always let the AI control the reinforcements......reason being, the whole army will enter the battlefield and actually help you. They may not be the smartest at doing so, but it has saved my butt a number of times just for the distraction they cause. If you want to control the army yourself, RTW will keep the whole army OFF the battlemeap, and only allow one unit to come and help you if you lose a unit (or one routs). This is a useless feature IMHO, so I never do it.
    Last edited by dvk901; May 17, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

If you are in a campaign and quit, and want to play another campaign, yes, you have to exit RTW. There is no way to restart an already running script.
    I thought RTW script has a feature where you open the menu (ESC) and then press the (?) icon in the top-right of the menu. This will end the script.

Then click on a settlement, this will cause the background script to start.