Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

mirelicus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Thanks!
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Muhammad Ali

Private jocker

Default Re: RS2.6 questions & answers

No custom play?

Hi guys !

I would like to know if it's possible to change in any way the files/scripts to allow a random number of bodyguards in the generals units ? This is certainly the only thing that bothers me with RS III actually, in this way that I find this "unique size" kinda unrealistic. What I mean is that I find odd that my heir, age 16 -for instance- got a top full bodyguards crew, just like his father. I loved that in previous RS versions that bodyguards number seemed to grow with the military background of a general, his "seniority" of some kind.

I recall, I think, that the mod team made the choice of the standard generals to encourage AI recruiting more generals ... Well I have to say, on my machine in any case, that it's not effective : On this matter, I've seen no differences between 2.6 and 3, AI's armies are still massively "general-free". Plus, reports of my spies in enemy cities or territory confirm that generals are family members essentially.

Is there some line to modify in order to get back to a 2.6 fashion generals, without messing all around ?

Civis

How do i install this? I tried and the launcher gives me this "If you get this erro, youve probably done something wrong. please report the next three messages"

Then its
    "You dont have roma surrectum installed in correct folder E:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"
    Even tho i do have it instaleld to that

but yeah tehre are no clear intructions on how to install this ?

mirelicus's Avatar Tiro

Never install rome in that location because you'll have mod conflicts.
    You have to install rs 2.5 first,then 3.0 beta.

"Because of some issues with some 'odd' behavior or corruption with previous RS2.6 installs, resulting in some different versions that didn't work right with this upgrade, I am strongly recommending the following procedure to install this:

1. Create a new, clean install of RTW (with or without BI) that is, of course, patched to RTW version 1.5/1.6.
    2. Install RS2.5 with the full install version that Paedric made. Do NOT install patch 2.6. RSIII includes all the changes that were made in that patch.
    3. Install RSIII using the installer I've made....it is a simple 'point and click' installer...just point it to wherever you installed RS2.5.
    4. Be sure and check the Launcher shortcut that the RS2.5 installer created to ensure that the 'Start in' path is correct (sometimes it will point to \UI\wonders...which is wrong).
    Point to (Your RS install folder)\Launch er."
    and also check this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-a-quick-video
    Last edited by mirelicus; August 05, 2016 at 10:51 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
    Muhammad Ali

Private jocker

Civis

K well i updated both my RTW and BI and then installed RS2.5 but when i test RS2.5 it doesnt work at all i get the same errors as before.
    Should i proceed with the installation or what?

Also video doesnt work.

Civis

Just fixed the start in path. Still ing errors jesus

Civis

Nvm i figured it out it works now i just had to change the exe to romeTW.exe sorry for confusion!

hi guys!

How I can remove the script that fills the cities of enemy troops besieged?

So I finally got this installed and it looks pretty cool. Any recommendations on what faction to play first? I'm interested in the 1-turn campaign, so should I just pick Rome?

@cabum
    If you're using steam,
    I think you take one of the scripts from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Scripts\No_Garrisons and replace it

So for instance if you wanted to play the faction Rome 1 turn you would take the Copy the "background_scipt"
    located in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Scripts\No_Garrisons\Roman_1_Turn

and replace it with the "background script" currently located in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\Play_Rome_One_Turn\data\scripts\show_me
    Last edited by tgoodenow; September 13, 2016 at 03:48 AM.

hey, when playing RS 2 rome-campaign, at the beginning of the game, Carthage (Hannibal and other armies) immediately leave Italy and go of and fight in Hispania. Same happens later in the campaign with the Arverni invasion: their armies immediately leave for their homeland and so the threat and challenge to Rome and the campaign unfortunatly is gone.

Will this be different in RS 3?

Also, maybe this has been asked before a lot but is it better to play RS 3 on BI or Alexander for better AI? Or does the here discribed annoying AI behavior (of it fleeing back to their own territory) comes from a certain Rome version? Like maybe this happens in Alexander but not in the original game?

Thanks a lot

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The fact that Hannibal leaves for Spain, or the Cimbri armies just go back to Germany is a 'twist' in RTW caused by AI factions normally trying to protect their regions or expand in a 'sequential' way from their starting locations. It's almost impossible to make AI scripted armies do what you really want them to do unless you also script what settlements to attack, where to go, etc. etc....which gets overly complicated.

As for the best exe to use, my personal experience with the three of them suggests that the BI exe is the best. It runs smoother and has less issues than the other two.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by mirelicus View Post
    Never install rome in that location because you'll have mod conflicts.
    You have to install rs 2.5 first,then 3.0 beta.

"Because of some issues with some 'odd' behavior or corruption with previous RS2.6 installs, resulting in some different versions that didn't work right with this upgrade, I am strongly recommending the following procedure to install this:

1. Create a new, clean install of RTW (with or without BI) that is, of course, patched to RTW version 1.5/1.6.
    2. Install RS2.5 with the full install version that Paedric made. Do NOT install patch 2.6. RSIII includes all the changes that were made in that patch.
    3. Install RSIII using the installer I've made....it is a simple 'point and click' installer...just point it to wherever you installed RS2.5.
    4. Be sure and check the Launcher shortcut that the RS2.5 installer created to ensure that the 'Start in' path is correct (sometimes it will point to \UI\wonders...which is wrong).
    Point to (Your RS install folder)\Launch er."
    and also check this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-a-quick-video
    And if you have Alexander and Windows 10, (which you should have)

1.Drag the content of the Alexander (whole folder to the BI/Gold-folder)
    just the content, NOT, i repeat NOT the folder itself.
    Overwrite every file when ask.
    2.Install 2.5
    3.Install 3.0 (3.1)
    4.Enjoy

A little tip, dont install the folder in C:/ move it somewhere else due to weird secure-rom behaviour,
    i have moved it to documents with sucess, you can then rename the folder to wherever you want
    for example RS_30
    Also deactivate antialiasing and set the maximum setting to hig (not ultra or ultra high or it will crash)
    remember this is an old game from 2005.

where can i found the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    where can i found the patch?
    The Roma Surrectum III patch can be found in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Beta-Released!
    Follow the instructions carefully, there's also a patch 3.1 right under the original post to download to fix some issues.

Windows 10
    RS 3 is not working. I tried to reinstall, reset video set ........
    RS 2.6 is working and sometimes crashed.
    do you have any plan to release 2.7 V instead RS ?

window 10
    I reinstalled everything
    RTW, patch 1.3 and 1.5 BI patch 1.6 and Alx
    RS 2.5
    RS III V 2.0
    RS III V 3.0
    RS III V 3.1 patch
    launch with Alx, window XP3 set, 1024X768, wide screen
    it is working but it is much slow then RS 2.5. I did not much test but it seem that program can be start ~~~
    anyway whoever some problem, you can completely clean and install Alx and use Alx.exe

TEST
    window 10, screen 1366X768
    screen set 1026x768x12, wide screen or narrow screen

RTW 1.3 1.5 _ good
    BI 1.6 _good
    AXEX _good

RS 2.5 _good with RTW.exe, BI.exe, Alex.exe

RS 2.6 _good with RTW.exe, BI.exe, Alex.exe

RS III V2.0 bad with RTW.exe

RS III V3.0 and V3.1 patch
    bad with RTW.exe, BI.exe _ very dirty screen and crash
    good with ALEX.exe but it is much much slow than RS 2.6

it need more test from other user.
    in my case,
    RS III only works with ALEX.exe. even I did not start battle but at least it is not crashed for a few turns

reinforcement_artillery is not enter battlefield.

Hello, just a quick question. I've sifted through other threads but can't seem to find an answer to this (please link me to a relevant thread if I've been unbelievably blind hehe ).

In the 'EDU changes' folder where the 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' folder is, do I simply copy the relevant export_descr_unit file to data folder of whatever campaign I'm playing? There's also a separate 'data' folder in the 'Fewer Stacks, Shorter Battles' folder. Do the files in that need to be copied over somewhere too? And for the other variants, like 'Fewer Stacks, Slightly shorter battles' etc, do they only apply to 0-turn roman campaigns? Since that's the only campaign folder inside those folders.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.