Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: RS2.6 questions & answers

Is the FL actually IN Rome? He has to be in the city to get it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

For the past couple of turns a Roman Rebels army has been appearing in Campania. Is that part of the Rebel script? Is that because of an army stack that switched to the Rebels that I haven't killed yet? Do I have to defeat that Roman Rebel stack to make it stop appearing?
    In the land of cowards, the insane man is king.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

I've got a question regarding the Greek City States, I would like to play a 1-turn campaign with them but they are not a choice in the menu.

I did a search trying to find whether they can be played 1-turn but the results weren't very helpfull.
    Now I remember a while back that someone posted they weren't meant to be played 1-turn, still I would like to change that in the files if possible.

Patrician

You are correct...originally, the Greek City States were not meant to be played. However, a lot of people wanted to, so they were made playable in both the 0-turn 'Play_Greeks' campaign, and in the 1-turn 'Play_One_Turn' campaign. So you can play them there.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Well that is kinda why I was asking, since they are not an option when I open the game through the launcher "Play_One_Turn" campaign.

If you could tell me the file that lists all the playable factions in 1-turn campaign I could check to see if my file is correct, otherwise I'll have to reinstall RSII

Patrician

The Play_One_Turn campaign opens much as the old RTW Vanilla did.....where you can choose multiple factions. Just start that campaign and you'll see what I mean.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Ah man I feel a little stupid... the reason I wasn't seeing them was because I hadn't updated Roma Surrectum to 2.6.. so yeah downloaded and installed the patch and it's working. Thanks for the help anyway Dvk.

Patrician

No problem my friend.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

When RS 2 was first released, I remember you guys releasing a package of your Battlemap Environments and a quick guide on how to adapt them to another mod. I'm afraid I can't find any link or thread about it, do you have a link or something for me?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    When RS 2 was first released, I remember you guys releasing a package of your Battlemap Environments and a quick guide on how to adapt them to another mod. I'm afraid I can't find any link or thread about it, do you have a link or something for me?
    Here it is:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-the-Community

Hey, I have an economy issue. So, it seems that every other turn I'm just randomly losing 20k when i hit the end turn button. When I look at the financial report, i should be making about 20k in profits, but because i lose 20k when hitting the end turn button, I only make 0 or lose money.

Do you have in the region of 200,000d?

If so - then you've reached the Money Cap. If so - then by design.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Save your money in the building queue or something.

hello i saw in classical total war there is a Germanicu5 scripts is there any chance you try to add to rs? .Any small ai improvements would be welcomed.
    And a release date of rs3 would be great.Can't stop the hype xD

Patrician

I know their documentation says they use it, but there is no Germanicu5 material in their script that I can see. His script only works in MTW2 because some of the necessary commands only exist there.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Is there a way to make invisible borders like roma surrectum 2.5 in patch 2.6?

Quote Originally Posted by Donatt View Post
    Yes - just need to adjust the entry in the relevant preferences.txt
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Donatt View Post
    Go to the main Data folder, there you look for a folder named _IMPORTANT_STUFF, inside in this folder you'll find a folder named Region_borders_not_visible.
    Here you pick your favourite game/faction, Play_Whatever..., copy the descr_sm_factions text file and drop it in your Play_Whatever... data folder, replacing/overwriting the existent descr_sm_factions text file, and done.

If you want to reverse the border's visibility, just pick the another descr_sm_factions text file from Region_borders_visible folder and repeat the whole process.

It's saved-game compatible, BTW.
    Last edited by ferike_2007; April 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM.

Can this ruin my saves or mess up the scripts?

Patrician

No, it will not.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father