Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Hello,

Where can I download RSIII? I am currently running RS2.6 with a CD copy (not steam) of RTW.

Thanks,
    Kevin

GROB's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by longtimepcgamer View Post
    Hello,

Where can I download RSIII? I am currently running RS2.6 with a CD copy (not steam) of RTW.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Look in the sticky threads. You will find the download in the open RSIII beta release and also the 3.1 patch will be there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Just a thought have you looked in your directory below play_syracuse?
    Ahh, it's there I think.

Yeah seriously, though, just to jump back.

This gaming laptop is in all respects better than the junk I was playing with before, but no matter what I do, when it comes to the campaign map, heavily forested areas just slow everything right down. This didn't happen before on my rubbish desktop.

I've tried messing with my resolution, as my desktop and ingame are set at 1920x1080, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Battles are pretty much great with unit on huge.

Any ideas?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sidra View Post
    This gaming laptop is in all respects better than the junk I was playing with before, but no matter what I do, when it comes to the campaign map, heavily forested areas just slow everything right down. This didn't happen before on my rubbish desktop. Any ideas?
    I have very rarely had that problem but I have been asked several times on twc if I know how to overcome it. I found this video on youtube and passed it on them, afaik it worked for all of them, so if you choose to try it I hope it works for you too. btw your "rubbish" desktop was probably better suited to RTW as all older PC's are, here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGlog9mvKs
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 25, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by longtimepcgamer View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Here you are mate http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Beta-Released!

I have very rarely had that problem but I have been asked several times on twc if I know how to overcome it. I found this video on youtube and passed it on them, afaik it worked for all of them, so if you choose to try it I hope it works for you too. btw your "rubbish" desktop was probably better suited to RTW as all older PC's are, here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGlog9mvKs
    I tried the file but it seems to prevent me from loading the campaign. It loads 1/10 of the way but no more.

That's after having added the file to the root of my RS folder where all the exes are.

I tried the file but it seems to prevent me from loading the campaign. It loads 1/10 of the way but no more.

That's after having added the file to the root of my RS folder where all the exes are.
    I'm sorry to hear that I never used it myself, I just passed on the link and there were 2 people who rept me to say thanks and that it had worked One other thing you could do is check your preferences for this row CAMPAIGN_MAP_SPEED_UP:FALSE make sure it say's FALSE. You could also try some software I have called large address aware, it allows RTW to use 4gb of ram instead of it's limit of 2gb, google it, it's a free download and easy to use, other than that I can't think of anything else atm.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 27, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

I'm sorry to hear that I never used it myself, I just passed on the link and there were 2 people who rept me to say thanks and that it had worked One other thing you could do is check your preferences for this row CAMPAIGN_MAP_SPEED_UP:FALSE make sure it say's FALSE. You could also try some software I have called large address aware, it allows RTW to use 4gb of ram instead of it's limit of 2gb, google it, it's a free download and easy to use, other than that I can't think of anything else atm.
    Yep, I have it set to false.

Also, I didn't altogether understand the first step of your video. Should I be tweaking my Alex Exe in some way and adding Alex with special settings to my Nvidia settings?

Lastly, I have been searching the web but I can't find any file or instructions for the 4GB ram limit.

....Also, I didn't altogether understand the first step of your video. Should I be tweaking my Alex Exe in some way and adding Alex with special settings to my Nvidia settings?
    Sorry I don't know mate, as I said have never used it but I certainly would not interfere with the Nvidia settings, I never understand why people do, rtw only uses the onboard (MB) graphics, you could have an awesome GPU but it would not make any difference. It's also down to the speed of your processor, mine is 3.5 GHz which I could overclock to 4.2 GHz safely if I needed too.

Lastly, I have been searching the web but I can't find any file or instructions for the 4GB ram limit.
    Here is a link, https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ scroll down to below the diagrams until you reach the section "attached files" download any zip & extract "to here" then open & click on yes in the UAC window, there's no guarantees it will help you but there's no loss in trying The 1st diagram btw shows you how to use it, it's quite simple
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 27, 2017 at 06:20 PM.

Can someone tell how to build the executioner square structure? I want to get an academy in a city

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

That's great news!
    Congratulations to the team!!!

So in the Open Beta thread it says the following: "-19. Lowered income in one-turn campaigns by 25% due to many complaints that there was too much money." However comparing RS 2.6 and RS 3.1 profits for various factions shows that this is simply not true. For Medium campaign difficulty and taxes all on normal, these are the changes in profits: Carthage has jumped from -4524 to -1117, the Ptolemies have gone from -1271 to 1732, and the Seleucids from 8193 to 12443. I didn't note the exact figures for Rome but it has increased by over a thousand as well. Someone should check what changes have exactly been made to income since from RS II.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Some of you may be aware that the RS II vegetation/graphics are used in certain other mods, such as Hegemonia. My question is can I apply that same mod pack found here http://www.moddb.com/mods/hegemonia-...onment-for-hcs on any other mod? Such as maybe EB or Fourth Age.

First, I beg your patience and indulgence. I am relatively new to TW games. I have been playing Shogun 2 with DM.

I saw RTW is also considered one of the best of the TW series.

So, I got that. I install DM 9.01 for RTW/+BI/+ALEX ... easy.

I just finished installing RS3 for ALEX. (understood that that is my only option under Steam).

Beautiful work. This is certainly a classic.

Now, for my ignorant questions. (I have read all 20 pages of this thread.)

(1) The launcher which you all are talking of is not really a program, but a BAT file menu, correct? I have run things from that.

(2) There is directory full of sub-directories and configuration files:

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War RSIII\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\

The configuration files if you want the given options are to be placed in the particularly campaign directory which you will play, correct?

(3) Elsewhere I read so much about the magic script which must be running in background for RS3 to run correctly; and it must be launched every session. I see no reference to it.

Is this the graphic that describes the process?

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War RSIII\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Peace_with_the_Dead\peacewiththedead.jpg?

Is just once upon load enough? Or after every battle? Is there any documentation on this?

Again, thank you very much for your hard work and your indulgence!

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    (3) Elsewhere I read so much about the magic script which must be running in background for RS3 to run correctly; and it must be launched every session. I see no reference to it.

Is this the graphic that describes the process?

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War RSIII\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Peace_with_the_Dead\peacewiththedead.jpg?

Is just once upon load enough? Or after every battle? Is there any documentation on this?

Again, thank you very much for your hard work and your indulgence!
    If you go into your directory/launcher/Roma Surrection II/send to/shortcut to desktop, click on this and you will now have an icon on your desk top and you can launch the game from there. An interface will appear, in this DO NOT click on at any time the tab in the bottom left hand corner labelled "click to change vegetation quality" as this will cause a crash. The "magic script" you refer to is a background script which has to be triggered EVERY time you relaunch your SAVED game, you do this by clicking on one of your city's then LOOK AT YOUR MONEY TOTAL FIRST before you click on the advisor face in the top left corner when it appears, it should increase by +1 denarii to confirm that you have RESTARTED THE SCRIPT., if you do not restart the script you will have all sorts of weird things happen and almost certainly have a crash.

Saul,

Thanks for explaining that. I would have never figured it out!

I did quickly watch some of your RS3 videos the other day. Basically, I had 5 candidate mods from which I would choose 2 to play with. I decided rather than trying to test things myself; just make my selection based on what I saw from YouTube. I watched yours, because there isn't the much RSIII stuff out there.

The candidates were:

Europa Barbarorum
    RTR VII
    SPQR
    Roma Surrectum 2 -> RS3
    DarthMod

---

Now, for Shogun 2, I had script that would change a quick save into a check point (background script). I am going to do something like that for RTW, but given the way RS3 works, there are any numbers of directories involved. So, I am going to need to do a little more flexible coding. Shogun II quicksaves end up looking like this:

E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_21_58_11.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_00_29.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_01_11.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_02_34.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_04_53.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_05_28.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_09_02.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_10_42.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_11_23.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_13_20.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_15_03.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_17_22.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_20_28.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_22_58.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_24_09.save
    E:\Games\Steam Shogun2 Data\Shogun2\save_games\17_06_06_22_26_27.save

Small issue. "keys.dat" had to be copied to a lot of directories. Unlike the pref program which seems to automate this.

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    Small issue. "keys.dat" had to be copied to a lot of directories. Unlike the pref program which seems to automate this.
    You should not have to touch "keys.dat" afaik, everything is in it's place but if you want you can make additions/changes from "Important Stuff" for RS2.6 I have done this in the past, but generally for RSIII I only alter anything in preferences or RS parameters inside the launcher interface, I don't mess with any files at all. In this mod every faction is modfoldered, I don't know if you are aware of that or even if it helps you. I'm not a modder and have very limited technical knowledge and unfortunately I don't really understand what it is you are looking for.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 16, 2017 at 08:26 AM.

I believe that the pref program gives you a front end to make pref changes which get pushed out to each of the mod dirs. There is not a similar facility for key mappings.

I only have a few small changes that maintain compatibility between Shogun2 and RTW1. Not such a big deal. I don't plan to customize RS3 as I don't know enough; I am quite happy with the quality I found.

Professionally, I used to design and managed systems development for a living. I have also been a member and business partner in some game development efforts. So, yes I have a decent idea of what modders do.

But my days of participating on game projects are over. I just want to play games; not build them.

Again thanks for your help.

PS1: Scripting is not just RTW for RS3. You could easily develop an ancillary script in autohotkey that runs alongside the game. The game script would periodically write a file to the disk; effectively providing a heart beat. Thus, making it almost impossible for the script to stop with the player being unaware.

PS2: I am kind of curious why the team decide to bind the game to Core #1 at higher than normal priority.