Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

Default Re: RS2.6\RSIII questions & answers

I'm around 620AUC in my Rome H/H 0 turn campaign and have all of Gaul, Iberia, Italia, Carthaginian North Africa, Greece -aside from the islands-, The Balkans, Thrace, basically the western half of the empire.

I'm holding while I build up my economy in preparation for the civil war. I have alliances with Pergamon, The Cimbri, and Sarmatia. All's looking good.

Some questions:

I) What is the ideal population for a settlement ? Rome for example is around 40k population with 1%/2% population growth depending on the governor. Is this a good place to hold or should I let it increase for a bigger tax base ?

II) A few faction leaders prior to my current one, the leader was in Rome as usual but his traits and the situation in Rome resulted in a popualtion growth of something like 7% - I built up to the "city" population control building to reduce the population growth. Now, because there are so many buildings in Rome I can not see the "city" population management building and so I can not demolish it.

Do I need to demolish buildings one at a time, while taking note of them, and then once I've demolished the population building, use the console to build all of the demolished buildings back ?

III) I've been bringing an additional legion, all infantry, into battles under AI control. They rarely actually commit to combat and mostly sit on the sidelines watching. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Edit:

IV) There are varios spots throughout the campaign map that spawn rebels but are fully enclosed/cut off/unreachable - is this intentional ? One is just in the north east of Italia where Italia meets Illyricum, and the other is in Asia Minor just east of Pergamon's starting territory.

Thanks !
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; March 31, 2021 at 09:08 AM.

Hi , How do I enable the large and epic stone walls again? I really like having those ultra defensible city sieges. I know the ladders are glitched But I miss it.

Thanks.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I'm afraid they can't be re-enabled. They were removed completely from the game in order to get all the new buildings in (along with a lot of other original buildings that were poor or unnecessary).

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hello.Today i see a great new ; Rome remastered is OUT !!! But i will not buy it if Ruma surrectum mod dont work on it or will not be updated to work with him.

Who know if RS2.6 is ok for this remastered version or if this mod need to be updated to work with the remastered game ? EDIT ; the reply is here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2471056831
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; April 30, 2021 at 08:47 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

neep's Avatar Tiro

Remember that RS2 and RSIII took man years of effort to get to it's final form, so we're not going to see a full fledged Remastered + Roma Surrectum mod by the end of May (Oh, but I wish 8^)
    Those excellent folks are starting to work through the specifics and I expect this is the start of a long train of nice updates as they apply their efforts on this.

In the meantime, worst case it's $30 - $15 if you already have a Steam or CD copy or Original/Classic (what are we calling it now ?) Rome, but only until the end of the month.
    For the amount of playing time, it's a bargain. Buy it and become familiar with the updates and look and feel. There's nothing that says you can't have both 'old' RSIII AND Rome Remastered installed on the same machine
    I've started to play with it, and it is indeed lovely to look at, but I need to get more familiar with the UI updates

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMatthew View Post
    Hi guys, please can You help me with imperial reforms? Am using Steam version with RS 3.0 and Launcher 1.3.3 0 turn roman campaign

1) I built last palace in Akragas at Sicily and Marian - reform started
    2) I built Circus Maximus, all praetorian buildings and in other cities i built Roman fortresses

But i cant recruit nothing more than early praetorians (not big deal at all) Hamata legions in regions where i have fortress but i cant recruit no segmentata legions and no auxilia cohors and alae. Is there anything i can do? Even new campaign doesnt work

I went through many topics and i found some points like - use faction leader to visit the capital or city with roman fortress - and also many times is mentioned to use the "script" and "add_money 1".

Its just to press " ; " key to open console after loading campaign and write cheat code "add_money 1" ? Or its some different script? Should i do it every load or every turn? Or its some work in game files?

Thank You for any explanation.

PS: Sorry for my poor english
    Oh Boy, I think you're borked.
    Every time you start your session - EVERY time - you need to click on one of your cities, doesn't matter which one. Then the Advisor icon in the top left appears, and you click on that. You should see 1 denarius get added to your cash, that tells you that the setup worked.
    Doing this runs a script under the hood that sets up various things for RSIII to work properly.

If it's not done, you can still proceed for a while but at some point things fall apart - family members get duplicated or their attributes messed up; armies get confused; maybe a crash or two; and yeah the upgrades to the Empire get messed up.
    Sadly, once it's not done your current session is 'corrupted'. You'd have to go back to a good Save - if you have one - and rerun from there remembering to ALWAYS click on that city/advisor to get the +1 denarius

neep's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    I'm around 620AUC in my Rome H/H 0 turn campaign and have all of Gaul, Iberia, Italia, Carthaginian North Africa, Greece -aside from the islands-, The Balkans, Thrace, basically the western half of the empire.

I'm holding while I build up my economy in preparation for the civil war. I have alliances with Pergamon, The Cimbri, and Sarmatia. All's looking good.

Some questions:

I) What is the ideal population for a settlement ? Rome for example is around 40k population with 1%/2% population growth depending on the governor. Is this a good place to hold or should I let it increase for a bigger tax base ?

II) A few faction leaders prior to my current one, the leader was in Rome as usual but his traits and the situation in Rome resulted in a popualtion growth of something like 7% - I built up to the "city" population control building to reduce the population growth. Now, because there are so many buildings in Rome I can not see the "city" population management building and so I can not demolish it.

Do I need to demolish buildings one at a time, while taking note of them, and then once I've demolished the population building, use the console to build all of the demolished buildings back ?

III) I've been bringing an additional legion, all infantry, into battles under AI control. They rarely actually commit to combat and mostly sit on the sidelines watching. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Edit:

IV) There are varios spots throughout the campaign map that spawn rebels but are fully enclosed/cut off/unreachable - is this intentional ? One is just in the north east of Italia where Italia meets Illyricum, and the other is in Asia Minor just east of Pergamon's starting territory.

Thanks !
    I) I've not seen any suggestions on an ideal population, as long as it's under control then bigger is better. My goals are usually to keep growing, don't build Tax buildings since the benefit isn't worth the unhappiness to the population. Keeping the population happy keeps it growing and I get more tax income from a larger population.

II) Yep, that's the only way to get to those building that drop of the list

III) That's usually a good sign. My experience is that they don't get involved unless your getting your @ss kicked, so if they're hanging back it's probably a sign that you're doing a good job of teaching those barbarians who's the boss.
    Sometimes being slow to engage with your forces might allow time for the reinforcements to catch up and get involved. I tend to be a little too eager and when I take a more careful approach I do see the reinforcements eventually getting their hands dirty. I've done most of the heavy lifting but their help at cleaning up the remnants is always welcome.

IV) I think that's just random placement on the map and so sometimes they get themselves stuck. Mop them up when it's convenient.

neep's Avatar Tiro

Phew, I'm tuckered out. Time for bed

Hey!
    I'm playing the 0 turn Play Sparta Campaing and I would like to know if there is a way Rome AI can trigger Marian Reform. I don't mid if I need to cheat to help AI (Giving them population or units for them to build things/conquer settlements), but I need to know if they can trigger Marian Reform and how. If the AI cannot trigger it, I would like to know if I can do it playing as the Spartans, like conquering a city and building what is necessary.

So, long story short: How to make AI Rome trigger Marian Reform on Sparta campaing.

Hello, I started a game with Macedonia, how do I recruit elite units? I have the level 3 barracks but I don't see what extras buildings I should build?

Hello everyone! RS2/3 is no longer being supported as both the RS and RTR teams are working on the Remaster. Our mod is now RIS. Please check it out and follow along. Many if not all RS features are in the RIS mod.

https://discord.gg/RYXKjYsDYP

Civis

How do I play a faction other than Rome as 1 turn? That is the only option in the launcher, yet other people are posting about playing other factions on 1 turn. Does it have anything to do with swap factions? I cannot find any explanation of what swap factions are and how they work. Swap what for what? and how?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dantman40 View Post
    How do I play a faction other than Rome as 1 turn? That is the only option in the launcher, yet other people are posting about playing other factions on 1 turn. Does it have anything to do with swap factions? I cannot find any explanation of what swap factions are and how they work. Swap what for what? and how?
    Start the launcher then click on Rome One Turn(pic 1), this will open another window where you will see pic 2 > click on the tab selections at the top to choose what you want to play then click on the down arrow on "select a faction" menu to reveal... All these pics are what is available, pic 3 is for 0-turns the rest are self explanatory, once selected click on "OK" and you're good to go, enjoy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-select.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	980.1 KB 
ID:	366214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-select.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	775.5 KB 
ID:	366215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-select.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	559.0 KB 
ID:	366216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-select.PNG 
Size:	764.6 KB 
ID:	366217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-select.PNG 
Size:	733.8 KB 
ID:	366218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-select.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	746.8 KB 
ID:	366219

NB: click on pic to enlarge
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 08, 2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added NB
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Civis

Thanks for your quick reply. Incidentally, I like your you tube videos. We may have had a misunderstanding, that was not what I was looking for. I followed your instructions, and it led to being only able to play the Athenian Campaign, and only on 0 turn recruitment. After hours of trying to find out how to play any faction on 1 turn, I figured it out. Then I found this guide from Ybbon
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...4#post11228774 which explained it, and would have saved me a lot of trouble. I just have 1 question. On the in game options selection screen, under 1 turn campaigns, it gives you the choice of "Click here to start the campaign" and "Imperial campaign" What is the difference? I still have no clue what a "Swap faction" is and how to use them. Swap what for what? And how?
    Last edited by Dantman40; December 09, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks for your quick reply. Incidentally, I like your you tube videos.
    You're welcome & thank you.

We may have had a misunderstanding, that was not what I was looking for.
    It appears so, but you did not clarify you meant in Play_One_Turn only

I followed your instructions, and it led to being only able to play the Athenian Campaign, and only on 0 turn recruitment
    Sorry, I don't understand why, my instructions clearly state ......"where you will see pic 2 > click on the tab selections at the top to choose what you want to play then click on the down arrow on "select a faction" menu to reveal... All these pics are what is available, pic 3 is for 0-turns the rest are self explanatory, once selected click on "OK" and you're good to go, enjoy" anyway it's good you are all sorted now

I just have 1 question. On the in game options selection screen, under 1 turn campaigns, it gives you the choice of "Click here to start the campaign" and "Imperial campaign" What is the difference?
    None afaik, I just select "Click here to start the campaign" through habit now.

I still have no clue what a "Swap faction" is and how to use them. Swap what for what? And how?
    Swap factions are basically "add-ons", they could not fit in the faction roster because it was full and reached it's limit & consequently the campaign map changes to accommodate them, "swapping" one out for one in. Just click on one to play then click on OK, 3 of them are 0-turn and 3 are 1-turn.

NB: RS2/3 is no longer being supported as both the RS and RTR teams are working on the Remaster. Our mod is now RIS, by all means check it out and follow along, many if not all RS features are in the RIS mod. https://discord.gg/RYXKjYsDYP it is still a WIP and we have already released several stages of the beta in the steam workshop
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 09, 2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Typos & added info

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    You're welcome & thank you.

It appears so, but you did not clarify you meant in Play_One_Turn only

Sorry, I don't understand why, my instructions clearly state ......"where you will see pic 2 > click on the tab selections at the top to choose what you want to play then click on the down arrow on "select a faction" menu to reveal... All these pics are what is available, pic 3 is for 0-turns the rest are self explanatory, once selected click on "OK" and you're good to go, enjoy" anyway it's good you are all sorted now

None afaik, I just select "Click here to start the campaign" through habit now.

Swap factions are basically "add-ons", they could not fit in the faction roster because it was full and reached it's limit & consequently the campaign map changes to accommodate them, "swapping" one out for one in. Just click on one to play then click on OK, 3 of them are 0-turn and 3 are 1-turn.

NB: RS2/3 is no longer being supported as both the RS and RTR teams are working on the Remaster. Our mod is now RIS, by all means check it out and follow along, many if not all RS features are in the RIS mod. https://discord.gg/RYXKjYsDYP it is still a WIP and we have already released several stages of the beta in the steam workshop
    Last edited by Dantman40; December 09, 2021 at 09:07 PM.

Civis

Unfortunately, for now I can't play remastered, as I am still using windows 7. That is ironic, as my machine is pretty good. I have an rx580 8gig gpu, and play modded Rome 2 and Attila on max or near max settings with no problem. But you guys have a great mod on RTW.

Civis

"So you can add a "Swap Faction" without removing a faction that is already in the game? Or do you have to remove a faction? I am sorry if it seems that I am complaining and ungrateful for your work. That is not my intention. There are many things about this mod that I love, and I very much appreciate the work that went into it"

"So you can add a "Swap Faction" without removing a faction that is already in the game? Or do you have to remove a faction? I am sorry if it seems that I am complaining and ungrateful for your work. That is not my intention. There are many things about this mod that I love, and I very much appreciate the work that went into it"
    No need to apologise my friend, I'm not the type to add unnecessary voice inflection to text conversation. As to your question, you don't have to do anything except click on the faction you want to play as in the swap menu and you're good to go, just remember if you want to play as a faction that can utilize shield wall & swimming units you have to select Barbarian Invasion in the launcher, unless ofc you are on steam where the mod only works with the ALX expansion. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other question, I'm always happy to help where I can, you can always PM me if you like to ensure I don't miss your question as I don't check in here as often as I used to now I'm in a few Discord communities.

Is there any way for me to edit the script in my Arverni campaign so that I can add treasuries to my cities or be able to receive the tax bonus from conquered cities i.e I conquer Massilia but don't receive anything from the medium treasury, how can i change the script so that I receive a bonus bonus from it