as long and sharp as yours.
    And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
    that lord of Castamere,
    But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    with no one there to hear.
    Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    and not a soul to hear.

--

Rains of Castamere. The song, now popular among all of the Westerlands, is a symbol of the power House Lannister has. Inspired by Tywin’s Lannister victory over the rebellious houses of Reyne, Tarbeck and Garner, it also made the Lannisters of Goldshire, a cousin branch of the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, arise to power. Now the Lords of Goldshire, the Lannisters of that province didn’t have much to their name until the rebellion, of which the aftermath was the utter anihilation of the rebellious houses. Like the Lannisters of Lannisport, their branch of the family w chosen to hold Goldshire.

Only on their second generation as Lords, the Lannisters of Goldshire still have a strong connection with the holders of Casterly Rock, as Tyros Lannister, the Lord of Goldshire, spent his early life as a squire to Lord Tywin. The Lannister Lord watched as Tyros gave even Jaime, his son, a hard time when training with a sword, and took great interest on the boy, who would later be known as The Lion of Goldshire.

Westeros is in state of war. The Targaryen rule, already in decadence, is now challenged by Robert Baratheon, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. Young, but known for his strength and military prowess, Robert’s claim is backed by Eddard Stark, Lord of the North, Hoster Tully, Lord of the Riverlands and Jon II Arryn, Lord of the Vale. The Targaryen rule, on the other hand, is backed by Mace Tyrell, Paramount of the Reach, Balon II Greyjoy, Paramount of the Iron Islands, and Prince Doran of Dorne. House Lannister, leaded by Tywin Lannister, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, has yet to declare their allegiance.

The power of the Westerlands could change the fate of these conflicts, that later became known as the War of the Usurper, or Robert’s Rebellion, depending on whose side of the conflict the person you are asking was on. Even Tyros can see that power, and he is sure that Tywin will use it to improve the Lannister’s influence, no matter what side he has to fight for.

This is going to be the first AAR I write in English, so expect a lot of errors, both grammatical and structural. It's language will probably be quite simple, as I lack the vocabulary to write it as I'd like or would write in Portuguese.
    I would like to start with a better AAR than this, but, as I said, I lack the knowledge and experience when writing in my second language. You'd be surprised how different the phrase structure is, at least I am. But there's no other way to improve, so here I am. And please, correct my mistakes and criticize my work.
    Also, I'll be changing/creating a lot of details that aren't there in the ASOIAF lore, like House Garner's involvement on Reyne's Rebellion.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ferreira; July 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

Default Re: [CK2:AGOT] The Lion of Goldshire

Chapter I
    -
    Last edited by Ferreira; April 22, 2016 at 03:53 PM.

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Looking good thus far, keep it up!

I love the way in which you are building the narrative in the opening paragraphs!

This is going to be interesting, more so because its a CK2 AAR and I can't wait to see where you take this. There weren't many grammatical mistakes in the chapter but in the OP there were a couple. Mainly simbol is spelt symbol and cousing is spelt cousin. But other than that, great work. +rep

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Interesting start. Nice dialogue between Cersai and Tyros, looking forward to more updates from this definitely.