Thread: Help me pick the right mod

Default Help me pick the right mod

So there are 4 mods of the past in each sub-forum and a new one being worked on in this main forum.

Which mod is the best? Most enjoyable and unique?

Will the new one be that mod when it is ready or is there already one of those 4 mods in the sub-forums you recommend to me?
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Default Re: Help me pick the right mod

If you want the classic RTR, play RTRPE. ExRM is considered the continuation of PE but it's really it's own mod because so much has been changed. It is a very well balanced game that still isn't completely finished.

If you want something unique and challenging, play RTRVII. It has great looking graphics and the game is meant to be slow and very historical.

FO is very similar to RTRVII but it's map extends to India and starts right before the Punic Wars.

The 0.5 version of the RTR Project is essentially vanilla, but with a complete graphical overhaul, new map, and a completely revised stat system to make battles more fun and longer.

Hope this helps!

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

RTR-VII is currently the most complete mod on these forums, so it's a very good place to start.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

If you only want to play as Rome, then there's no other mod beside this.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Are all the mods here mod foldered?
    Last edited by webMaster412160; July 24, 2014 at 03:18 AM.

Yep, all of those we've mentioned are

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Nice and this main mod in the forum I made this topic is supposed to become better and bigger then the current mods?

Also: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13979826

A must! Can't get it that anyone can get used to double checking where his units are and where not. Takes up to much time!!!!
    Last edited by webMaster412160; July 25, 2014 at 05:29 AM.

Can you play is the Illyrians in ExRM?

Quote Originally Posted by Arber View Post
    Can you play is the Illyrians in ExRM?
    No, only RTRVII, afaik.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

As a follow-up, I've just uploaded the 0.95 patch for Fortuna Orbis. Although I'm still calling it a Beta, it's nearly there, and should be pretty playable. The game has, imo, a lot of great features, and if you enjoy RTR-VII but would like to see it on a grand-scale campaign map, it's probably a good bet

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    As a follow-up, I've just uploaded the 0.95 patch for Fortuna Orbis. Although I'm still calling it a Beta, it's nearly there, and should be pretty playable. The game has, imo, a lot of great features, and if you enjoy RTR-VII but would like to see it on a grand-scale campaign map, it's probably a good bet
    That seems very promising indeed. I just ordered the original RTW again since i lost it; just for the mod. It is a very good alternative for those who are a bit disapointed by EB2 and especially it's settlements distribution on the map. I am very eager to give it a try.

Hi, can you help me to choose the right MOD too? I came here thinking RTR was a single MOD, now I find out it isn't so. But why there are more than one? And why they're all together?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Hi, can you help me to choose the right MOD too? I came here thinking RTR was a single MOD, now I find out it isn't so. But why there are more than one? And why they're all together?
    Because RTR traditionally is one of the big mods that support sub-modifications before it became a trend. Each 'modders' have different ideas of how to play their games so that's why there's so many sub mods here. Even the official mods have gone through many stages especially from version 5 until version 7 (RTR VII).
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Yes, but doing so it's difficult to understand, especially for a newbie.

Basically, we have the major release, RTR VII, then there is Extended Realism, RTR 6 Gold & Platinum and Fortuna Orbis?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Yes, but doing so it's difficult to understand, especially for a newbie.

Basically, we have the major release, RTR VII, then there is Extended Realism, RTR 6 Gold & Platinum and Fortuna Orbis?
    Pretty old but this may give you the idea.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post11962191

In any case, the 'official' RTR project was RTR 6 and RTR VII. The rest are sub mods.

The current RTR Project is going to be somewhat of a mix of everything that has been RTR. I can't say it's a continuation from VII or 6, and it's definitely not a sub mod. It's more like the new RTR for the RTW engine since it's made from scratch.

So this RTR Project will be your new MOD and implent all RTR stuff released until now?

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    The current RTR Project is going to be somewhat of a mix of everything that has been RTR. I can't say it's a continuation from VII or 6, and it's definitely not a sub mod. It's more like the new RTR for the RTW engine since it's made from scratch.
    Can you tell me the approximate month of release? Or you don't have a release date yet?

When the mod is considered final it will have drawn elements from a variety of different mods including most RTR mods, yes.
    Not sure when we will release. Real Life takes away a lot of time so we just get done as much as we can when we are free.