Thread: Rank-Fire Ability Editting

Default Rank-Fire Ability Editting

Hello, fellow modders!

I've recently picked up all the mod tools and started exploring the basics, so please, bear with me on this topic

What I'm trying to tweak is the Rank-Fire Ability that prevents your line infantry to fire immediately after the attack-order.
    Basicaly, from the small research I did, the game-design implemented a delay on the startup of the first volley (with the purpose of simulating the official readying his troops to shoot a syncronized volley).
    The problem is the super long delay they use (3.5 to 9 seconds depending on the spread of the line) is far too unreliable, specially vs fast cavalry charges.

I've found this info on an older post in wich the OP confirmed to successfuly removed the delay-time of this actions (translated in animations) by editing the time-value to 0 on the following references:

animations/shogun_animation/battle/men/musket/musket_stand/mus_idle1.anim 4.0 second
    animations/shogun_animation/battle/men/musket/musket_stand/mus_idle2.anim 3.5 second
    animations/shogun_animation/battle/men/musket/musket_stand/mus_idle3.anim 5.7 second
    animations/shogun_animation/battle/men/musket/musket_stand/mus_idle4.anim 7.7 second
    animations/shogun_animation/battle/men/musket/musket_stand/mus_idle5.anim 9.0 second

*Notice* This changes were told to be made via memory editting.
    I was hoping to replicate this tweak but I haven't had any success so far.

I tried to find time fields inside these .anim formats using the Decode Tool but it looks unreadable. I also looked up on the animation-unit table association but it doesn't seem to directly configure the time values for the delay either.

Could anyone share some light on this? Am I searching in the right spots? Is this very technical to achieve?

Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Rank-Fire Ability Editting

Please check the video to see what I mentioned

Is it possible to find this officer startup animation, where he starts drawing his sword and shout to fire, and reduce the time?

The only thing I found so far is in the data.pack->animations->battleconfigurations references pointing to the previous animation I mentioned.

http://imgur.com/6XrIij9

I can't find the exact delay time, only the "blend_in_time" parameter that I don't know if affects this.

Any ideas guys?

Default Re: Rank-Fire Ability Editting

Video Link is not working.

Check here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJKaylfS_c