Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Divide et Impera 0.95 Patch

Default Re: [Preview] Divide et Impera 0.95 Patch

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you guys reduced the loading time.

It wasn't so much of a problem after massive battles because it was nice to have a few minute break there, but after just small skirmishes loading for so long to get back to the campaign was frustrating.

Its amazing how much this mod has to offer and the best part is, its not in its final version yet. I cant wait for the day when we have a complete DEI. I'm sure it will be a work of art. Thanks guys.

Will you be fixing the balances issues with this patch? I cannot use your mod when milita arevni spear men are able to wipe out my elite roman legions even though they were completey surronded...

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    • It is now a bit harder for cavalry to disengage from melee.
    Amazing, till i saw this . Already lame in Rome 2 when pulling that most of the cav "suddenly" dies while enemy is supposed to be in shock/dissarray

But its your mod and i know that you know what you are doing, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We have actually reduced load times from 0.9 by a fairly large margin so far.
    Nice, even with SSD and i7 4770K it is frustrating long when you got used to that 2-5 sec loading screen. Atm it feels like Shogun2 which did not support SSD speed
    Last edited by Jin-; July 23, 2014 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post

Nice, even with SSD and i7 4770K it is frustrating long when you got used to that 2-5 sec loading screen. Atm it feels like Shogun2 which did not support SSD speed
    yes this is game breaking for me. best thing about rome2 is the battles and having to wait for sooo long is so frustrating that I rather autoresolve .

Apologies if I misread this--is the entire patch not save compatiable, or is that only if we want to see the new merc units?

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkNIrishMan View Post
    I'm liking most of the changes (and I definitely prefer open field battles to endless sieges). However, how are we supposed to secure our conquests now if garrisons (previously the best short-term option) now increases public disorder instead of decreasing it? And how about provinces that are split culturally? For example, as the Romani, I want to maintain friendly relations with Syracuse throughout the early game. With Syracuse holding all of Sicily, the public order negatives (culture, province instability, etc) is constantly increasing and the only way to avoid a revolt is to station a full stack in Brundisium. In 0.95, what's the suggested tactic beyond conquering the whole province, dealing with endless rebellions, or stuffing your cities with +public order buildings, thereby rendering it useless for anything else?
    I think you misunderstood the part, only garrisoning armies inside settlements have the effect. You can keep them nearby though.

Quote Originally Posted by lollaaja View Post
    The ai won't comprehend these maluses and so you will have to nullify them through ai-only bonii. Because of this, the change does not fix the constant siege gameplay. A better way would have been to remove garrisons from cities, because as it is, the defender has too much of an advantage if there is also a full defending stack present, especially since the units aren't balanced and everything is impossible to rout in sieges. You should have also looked into the possibility of modifying minor (unwalled) city battlemaps so that they would become field battles.
    Speculative to confirm that now as we all need to see what the AI does do here.

Quote Originally Posted by ra2z View Post
    Will you be fixing the balances issues with this patch? I cannot use your mod when milita arevni spear men are able to wipe out my elite roman legions even though they were completey surronded...
    KAM is working on a entire new system.

Quote Originally Posted by VanRW View Post
    Apologies if I misread this--is the entire patch not save compatiable, or is that only if we want to see the new merc units?
    Only the mercs.

Garnissioning stack IN CITY give some bad things, standing near a city gives bonuses like always when he was in the city. I understand thopse changes in this way.

After conquering a city i put stack outside a city to give bonus for public order not in the city.

I`m very interesed like said someone before

If AI will avoid keep stack in the cities... but i think guys now start testing than soon we will know the answer.

To stop too fast expanse of AI vs AI. garnisson need to be really hard to break. And than AI will not take cities one by one turn by turn after win one battle Because defeding AI will have time to rebuild stack and agressive AI need to rebuild thier own till they attack second city.

I`m very grateful for so hard work and time u put into this mod too all whose working on them.

We like always just wanna help U catching things with is not working properly.

Cheers to all .

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

How will the unit upgrading affect thosae of us who use the Historical Legions submod? Maybe, an AoR style upgrade for the princeps and legionairres?

I hardly ever see rebel or slave armies armies and the AI seems to have no problem dealing with public order after taking a settlement.

I'd like to see transport ships move a lot slower and increase the population level needed to get surplus for settlement upgrades.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

But part of nations got problem with food.

Why?

Because they most of money put into buildings, after 150 turn most of enemies cities i take was all on third lvl ( and i mean all not only city lvl)

And building penelties are so high than they start starving.
    Last edited by A_I; July 24, 2014 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sebseb View Post
    yes this is game breaking for me. best thing about rome2 is the battles and having to wait for sooo long is so frustrating that I rather autoresolve .
    Game-breaking? Really? I'm perfectly happy to wait 30sec to 1min for a battle that just took 45min to fight, where a crushing defeat became a close victory because I had much better strategy than the game's RNG.

For those with long load times what actually completely fixed the problem for me was switching from the CA mod manager to the TWC one and deleting mods I wasn't using. I was subscribed to about 10 more mods than I was actually using, using the CA manager and leaving them deactivated. My load times on an SSD were crazy, felt like minutes and it sucked hard. After I moved unused mods out of the data folder and switched to the TWC mod manager my load times went back to vanilla-like levels. 10 seconds or so to load from the main menu and 5 seconds or less for battles, quicksave/quickload etc.

I may have also switched to the DeI standalone pack version of the mod, rather than the 6 part steam version. I actually subsequently discovered a couple of features that didn't seem to be working in the steam version as well.

ChivesKirk's Avatar Laetus

Knowing that is new update will arrive, I would like to know what to delete in this update to make it compatible with ToonTotalWars modpack (which is the main mod I use). I really like the units and the UI additions, but I'm not sure what to delete in order to leave those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    For those with long load times what actually completely fixed the problem for me was switching from the CA mod manager to the TWC one and deleting mods I wasn't using. I was subscribed to about 10 more mods than I was actually using, using the CA manager and leaving them deactivated. My load times on an SSD were crazy, felt like minutes and it sucked hard. After I moved unused mods out of the data folder and switched to the TWC mod manager my load times went back to vanilla-like levels. 10 seconds or so to load from the main menu and 5 seconds or less for battles, quicksave/quickload etc.

I may have also switched to the DeI standalone pack version of the mod, rather than the 6 part steam version. I actually subsequently discovered a couple of features that didn't seem to be working in the steam version as well.
    Could you, please, tell me more about it? I use standalone DEI and one DEI standalone submode with edicts. I also use TWC Mod manager. But Mod Manager still launch TW manager as if i launch Rome from steam library. I have no leftover mods in game folder. I have SSD and my strategic map loading time is simply killing me, compared to vanilla game.

Quote Originally Posted by opock View Post
    Fantastic! I do have one suggestion about the public order hit that garrisoning creates. It definitely makes sense for occupied or recently conquered territories, but I think once province culture hits a certain point, say 75% it should flip and become a positive again. It doesn't make sense historically or even for gameplay that for instance Italians should be upset that legions are stationed in the north to protect from barbarian incursions. If anything they should be happy that they are more secure in their daily lives. On the other hand newly conquered areas should definitely resent having foreign culture troops suddenly occupying them.

All that said I'm not even sure if its possible to tie the PO +/- from occupation to culture, but maybe there is another way to do it via buildings or something. Just a thought!
    I strongly disagree with this - as already pointed out the m_1512 on page 1.

I would go further though and say the opposite is true.

Newly conquered settlements with a low culture rate should receive a bonus from an army stationed in town to represent the policing of the population.

This bonus should diminish with time/increase in culture/OR as the garrison replenishes (representing a local police force) until the negative effects of an army living in town outweigh the positives of the policing.

P.S - I also just want to add how excited I am that DEI have implemented this change. Thank you so much!!!
    Last edited by rjacko10; July 24, 2014 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChivesKirk View Post
    Knowing that is new update will arrive, I would like to know what to delete in this update to make it compatible with ToonTotalWars modpack (which is the main mod I use). I really like the units and the UI additions, but I'm not sure what to delete in order to leave those things.
    You'll have to choose which one you want to use, as DeI is either incompatible with or already has most of the mods in TTW's pack. It has its own massive expansion of units, which are more likely to be historically accurate than most of the standalone unit mods, as well as an entirely new recruitment system for all factions built off of Rome's auxiliary system (which has also been updated). In any event, those unit mods are almost guaranteed to be incompatible. It also includes versions of the camera, TTT, sack/liberate/diplomacy, resources, TPY, and realistic unit names mods, as those modders are part of the DeI team. Some graphics mods like GEM and the water/cloud improvement mods are 100% compatible. Others (like the better horses/elephants and siege engine mods) are compatible but need to be loaded above DeI, which requires the use of the TWC unofficial mod manager. Some UI mods, such as BullGod's icons, have been ported over to DeI as submods (with additional cards for the added units) and also must be loaded using the unofficial mod manager. Some similar functionality (such as squalor/food) has been implemented by DeI in it's own fashion, but will be different from the mods included in TTW's pack.

Quote Originally Posted by lollaaja View Post
    The ai won't comprehend these maluses and so you will have to nullify them through ai-only bonii. Because of this, the change does not fix the constant siege gameplay. A better way would have been to remove garrisons from cities, because as it is, the defender has too much of an advantage if there is also a full defending stack present, especially since the units aren't balanced and everything is impossible to rout in sieges. You should have also looked into the possibility of modifying minor (unwalled) city battlemaps so that they would become field battles.
    I really hope that you are in error about the changes not giving us more open field battles. For me constant city/ settlement battles is the single biggest hurdle to fully enjoy the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Madzai View Post
    Could you, please, tell me more about it? I use standalone DEI and one DEI standalone submode with edicts. I also use TWC Mod manager. But Mod Manager still launch TW manager as if i launch Rome from steam library. I have no leftover mods in game folder. I have SSD and my strategic map loading time is simply killing me, compared to vanilla game.
    That's a bummer Madzai as it sounds like you already have things set up the same as me without the good result. You only use 2 mods in total and the TWC manager? And when you say it still loads the TW manager, you mean it opens the window but the "mod manager" button is missing right?

The only other thing I can think of is that around the same time I finally got around to setting my SSD from IDE to AHCI mode which is a HUGE boost in general efficiency/speed. It was *just* not straightforward enough to cause me not to bother for months (or to try and end up with bootfailure) but it ended up just being a simple registry tweak.

I imagine that in order fo rthe AI to have slower expansions and for garrison to be better, DeI team will have to work a lot on the Auto-Resolve balance?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast