Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Divide et Impera 0.95 Patch

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Preview] Divide et Impera 0.95 Patch

The DeI team presents to you the preview about the coming 0.95 patch. This preview will contain a list of changes that the mod will have.

Major Overhauls

Garrison Overhaul
    Garrisons have been completely redone with over 100 unique cultural units rather than existing unit types. As the settlement expands, the garrison increases in terms of quality and quantity. Below are some examples of these units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Note: The images below have been given some GIMP touches by me to make them visually appealing, and the units you see in game will depend on your computer.

Mercenary Overhaul
    All vanilla mercenary units have been removed and replaced with 116 new custom units. However, this is not save compatible and needs a new campaign. Here are a few more screens for some units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Note: The images below have been given some GIMP touches by me to make them visually appealing, and the units you see in game will depend on your computer.

Faction Changes

Masaesyli Overhaul
    Most of their units have been redone with custom appearances and stats including 7 new unique units. More information here.

New Germanic Subculture and Playable Faction
    • The Lugii are now a playable faction and member of a new Eastern Germanic subculture.
    • Other factions in this subculture include the Aestii, Anartes and Gutones.
    • 21 new custom units that are unique to this new subculture.

More information here.

Major Campaign Changes

Unit Upgrades
    There is good news about unit upgrades; many units can now be upgraded from their previous Reform version. Huge thanks to lnrd907 for figuring this out and allowing us to use his work. For many save games, you will need to research the new upgrade technology found in the first military tech line.

Images for the process in motion here.

Public Order System and Army Stances
    • In order to add more dynamic army placement and prevent the monotony of the "take a city, sit army in city, take a city" campaign flow, we have changed how public order and food operate with armies.
    • Armies now consume food from whatever region they are present in unless they are fortified or garrisoned. Mustering uses more food than other stances.
    • Garrisoning an army now causes a public order negative rather than a positive. This will hopefully encourage more strategic placement of forces and use of land outside of cities.
    • Occupation ramifications (Occupy, Loot, Raze, etc) have been changed to reflect the new public order penalty for garrisoning troops.

Roman Auxiliary Building Overhaul
    Removed all vanilla auxiliaries. Post-Marian, Rome still has our custom auxiliaries. The auxiliary barracks now acts as an AoR unit Recruitment Center. Rather than having to own a specific region to recruit an AoR unit, an auxiliary barracks will allow for recruitment of AoR units from neighboring regions.

Pull-Through Fix
    • All units, especially cavalry, are no longer able to move through enemy formations at will.
    • It is now a bit harder for cavalry to disengage from melee.
    • This will also help with killing fleeing units.

Last edited by m_1512; July 23, 2014 at 05:33 AM.

Default Re: [Preview] Divide et Impera 0.95 Patch

Fantastic! I do have one suggestion about the public order hit that garrisoning creates. It definitely makes sense for occupied or recently conquered territories, but I think once province culture hits a certain point, say 75% it should flip and become a positive again. It doesn't make sense historically or even for gameplay that for instance Italians should be upset that legions are stationed in the north to protect from barbarian incursions. If anything they should be happy that they are more secure in their daily lives. On the other hand newly conquered areas should definitely resent having foreign culture troops suddenly occupying them.

All that said I'm not even sure if its possible to tie the PO +/- from occupation to culture, but maybe there is another way to do it via buildings or something. Just a thought!

Oh Ho! Interesting campaign changes!

I don't know, the public order changes make sense to me historically. Having an army protect you would be great! Having an army sitting in your house eating your food however, would not. Imagine it this way; Garrisons are the forces that have their own built in support structure so they're not quartering in your house. That huge army that just marched into your city however, is now quartering in all your buildings and ticking everyone off.

DeI seems to love its overhauls! OUT WITH ALL THE OLD UNITS IN WITH NEW ONES, NOTHING SHALL BE SPARED!

JakkoUK's Avatar Foederatus

Great work guys, will have to try the new systems before giving a proper opinion on them. But can see the new garrisons being op and the negative effective of garrisoned army's on public order being a pain in the arse, but I must try it first! Cannot wait to try the re-done mercs.

Any update on when 0.95 is expected to be released?

But generals dont get xp from sitting out in the open right? Fleets will cause the same effect?
    I hope the garrisons will be hard to kill, and stop the the crumbling of great empires in a few turns!
    Thanks for your hard work peeps!

yay, any ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by opock View Post
    Fantastic! I do have one suggestion about the public order hit that garrisoning creates. It definitely makes sense for occupied or recently conquered territories, but I think once province culture hits a certain point, say 75% it should flip and become a positive again. It doesn't make sense historically or even for gameplay that for instance Italians should be upset that legions are stationed in the north to protect from barbarian incursions. If anything they should be happy that they are more secure in their daily lives. On the other hand newly conquered areas should definitely resent having foreign culture troops suddenly occupying them.

All that said I'm not even sure if its possible to tie the PO +/- from occupation to culture, but maybe there is another way to do it via buildings or something. Just a thought!
    I agree with opock in that once a certain cultural percentage is achieved that a city will more positively accept an army in the settlement. But I do agree perhaps after a certain amount of time the citizens of said settlement would prefer to stop sheltering the army as it would put a burden on the people and food stores. So possibly after a few turns the public order might go negative again? Not sure if this is possible.

The Major Campaign change is the most inspired !! I really hopes that it leads the AI to have more battles outside of cities. (City Battles bore me now)

Are you still updating the Steam versions????? I ask because mine has recently started being out of date mod

"All units, especially cavalry, are no longer able to move through enemy formations at will."

Will this mean that chariots are rendered almost useless?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It was fix for the bug allowing for cav to ride through enemy formation without stopping and getting any casualties. For example cav could just go through Principes with fulcrum formation on (anti cav) without stopping and fighting.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

totalingend's Avatar Civis

Looks amazing, making a great mod even better!

Tiro

When is it to be released?
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nochyan View Post
    yay, any ETA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Marcellus View Post
    When is it to be released?
    When its ready, we are currently testing it to make sure there are no bugs and roaches.

Historically, a huge army was never welcome in cities because food had to be provided to them. One, soldiers needed to be kept on camp life and rations so they would not go to seed. Second, there was and always been the possibilities of quarrels between soldiers and civilians, and this caused unrest. The only time an army would stay inside a city was when there was a siege coming. As to the example, Italians would be even more happy that their legions are in the frontier camps.
    Last edited by m_1512; July 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: double post (facepalm)

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    When its ready, we are currently testing it to make sure there are no bugs and roaches.
    Could you be a tiny bit more accurate? Will it be most likely this week, next week or the week after that? Makes me help decide if I should start a new campaign or wait until the patch since it's not savegame compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Historically, a huge army was never welcome in cities because food had to be provided to them. One, soldiers needed to be kept on camp life and rations so they would not go to seed. Second, there was and always been the possibilities of quarrels between soldiers and civilians, and this caused unrest. The only time an army would stay inside a city was when there was a siege coming. As to the example, Italians would be even more happy that their legions are in the frontier camps.
    I see. I guess the only other thing is losing out on the xp gain from garrisoning cities. I wonder if its possible to create xp gain from extended time in fortified then?

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Great news!

I know I would be unhappy having a bunch of bullies with swords and nothing to do being paid with my taxes for being idle and eating my food and getting drunk all the time. In fact, I feel like if garrisoned armies were to give a positive public order, it should be in recently conquered territories where they can use violence to maintain ''order'' and squash any form of rebellion.

This update looks great. For some reason I assumed that .95 would mostly be new factions and things that are cool but that I do not get too excited about... This list of changes though makes it sound incredible!

As for the new garrison, will that in fact make them stronger or simply different?

TotalWarker's Avatar Ordinarius

Some interesting changes, and great news about the upgrades. Will this be updated on Steam as I'm currently using that to control mods? Cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsurany View Post
    Could you be a tiny bit more accurate? Will it be most likely this week, next week or the week after that? Makes me help decide if I should start a new campaign or wait until the patch since it's not savegame compatible.
    To be honest, I avoid speculation as the patch is being tested and worked on to smooth out any issues. However, it is very much probable it might be done by next week. But again, this is an estimation and not a confirmation, it might be out before or take some more time, depending on various factors.

PcolaTy's Avatar Libertus

Great changes to the game guys, is there currently an ETA when the newest patch will be ready?
    Tyer032392 on the official Total War forums.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast