Thread: Steam users and Gamespy

Default Steam users and Gamespy

Hi Guys,
    Seems like they have managed to F-up everything right now. They have merged kingdoms with M2TW and kingdoms is no longer in the games library. Also there is no way to access the steam forums for the game.
    Any1 of you IT savy folks who knows about a fix for this? I'd hate to have to install it all again as i have many nice self made tweaks to the game

Default Re: Steam users and Gamespy

I tried editing the .bat file to use medieval2.exe since the kingdoms.exe is gone now, but it did nothing, just crashed when loading my save. No music or sound effects on the title screen, what a mess.

I did the same thing with TADaC and SS, and they seem fine except the sound effect when you select settlements on the campaign map is missing. Everything else seems to be working fine. It's strange because my CoW was working fine for the weeks that I played it, and now it's just crap, so I don't think it's my install... I guess I could try reinstalling it, ugh.

Try changing your rage_of_dark_gods folder to Americas. Make sure you back up your original America's folder. Then launch through steam and select America's. Worked for me.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Ah, jes well. I'm new to the mod so I had to install it for the first time on vanilla M2TW and i've run into 2 problems.

1. The game would crash when some of the cannons fired but I fixed it by changing the desc_projectile file in notepad.
    2. Muskets don't make any noise (as in all gun units), and neither do the menu sounds however, somehow I managed to get music to work, but don't ask me i'm friggin' clueless.

I looked in the desc_sounds folder or whatever it is and I see a load of code mumbo jumbo so yeah... stumped.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Did you download Gigs version, and all patches/fixes for it, or the original russian mod?

The sound bug was introduced by CA in the latest patch, so don't worry too much about it.