Thread: Warcraft mod

Default Warcraft mod

does some warcraft mod exist ?
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Default Re: Warcraft mod

nope... not as far as I know.

TEAM MEMBER

I agree, i also don't know anything about a warcraft mod, but there exist a LOTR mod for RTW.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

personally i love warcraft. but the style of wc3 or f.t is way different from rtw. it would seem wierd anyways, but aye i think a warcraft mod would be great (with the correct skinners/modders etc).

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

if memory serves me correctly there will not be a warcraft mod as i seem to remember there was a starcraft mod for a game which blizzard squished in no uncertain terms.
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Blizzard really likes to kill their fanbase, outside their income range anyway.
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd see why Blizzard would go after such a mod if a modder blatantly uses "StarCraft" or "WarCraft." Maybe "Craft of War" would slip past their copyrights? :tooth:

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Well it would be possible to make a Warcraft mod IF you found a way around the way Blizzard thinks. If you create a Warcraft mod using another game, they will shut it down. Why? Because they don't get money from it!

Now, there is a starcraft mod in development, one that works with the WC3 engine (I think) and that mod hasn't been shut down. The reason is because you NEED starcraft installed in order to play the mod. In other words, Blizzard makes money, so mod no problem.

Blizzard has become a money-hungry machine, which is too bad, seeing that they did make great games and they had a wonderful internet system (battle.net).
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

No Faenaris, Blizzard has explained the reason. It's the same reason why some authors do not allow fanfiction based on their works. They want to keep their IP pure, no stupid fan ideas contaminating it. I rather agree. No Starcraft on Warcraft engine was allowed either.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

sorry but that is BS!! ""no Starcraft on Warcraft engine was allowed either."" BS!!
    Theres even starcraft units in Warcraft 3 vanilla, theres a ZERG in WoW and an mythical space marine thingie
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Mod Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by jaklei
    sorry but that is BS!! ""no Starcraft on Warcraft engine was allowed either."" BS!!
    Theres even starcraft units in Warcraft 3 vanilla, theres a ZERG in WoW and an mythical space marine thingie
    Those are called Easter Eggs Jaklei, if you look at the mod community you'll find mods that were shut down.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

pero's Avatar Miles

that would be cool, to have the warcraft mod. Where you could play on the world of warcraft map.
    Um caruje, Snaga klade valja!!!