View Poll Results: Do you like as it is the new ghosts feature (soldiers and equipment dissappearing when you zoom in) or not

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i like the ghosts very much

11 13.58%
  • No i dislike the feature

25 30.86%
  • A choice to activate or deactivate it would be the best solution

45 55.56%
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Soldiers disappearing like ghosts when you zoom at them a CA patch14 implemented feature.... (EDIT) PATCH 16 WOS DLC 5 MONTHS LATER AND CA STILL IGNORES THE REQUEST

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Soldiers disappearing like ghosts when you zoom at them a CA patch14 implemented feature.... (EDIT) PATCH 16 WOS DLC 5 MONTHS LATER AND CA STILL IGNORES THE REQUEST

DISCLAIMER : i KNOW the use of the N key which is being fanatically reffered from the supporters of the fade out thing as a suposed solution , but the N KEY IS NOT a solution for live gameplay because you can only use the N key statically from a fixed point and with a rotation capability only, the N key is completely useless during live gameplay and it only serves as a distant zooming capability for videos and photos since you loose the zoom at the slightest movement of the cursor or the single pressing of a button, when you actually want to move the camera during live gameplay within the action the fade out will be triggered.
    I wont discuss the N key thing again which is NO solution to that particular problem, and has nothing to do with the point the thread is trying to make which is the FADE OUT IT SELF.

As the title suggests the new patch implements a new rather annoying feature according to my debug camera preferences, when i get to close to my soldiers as i constantly do the soldiers are graying out far to early not allowing the ultra close up view of a fighting soldier.
    For the name of gods(!) please change that feature back to what was like originally or at least ca tells as how we can eradicate that feature through the db because for me personally and i think for many other close up view fans , it ruins the fan of being able to watch the fight from up close.
    Iam about to reverse the game back to patch 13 just for that thing, this is how much upset it makes me.
    Please reconsider that choice or tells as how to change it at least

THIS IS HOW CLOSE YOU COULD GET BEFORE THE WEIRD DECISION OF CA TO MAKE YOUR FRONT LINE DISAPPEAR LIKE GHOSTS

Example this is how close you can get with the "fade out" thing that CA thought would be clever to introduce.
    THE WHOLE FRONT LINE IS MISSING AND YOU CAN BARELY MAKE OUT THE CENTURION TO THE RIGHT

Last edited by Megasalexandros; January 10, 2015 at 08:16 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Debug camera funs support me, close ups are ruined in the new beta patch14

Personally, I've been using GCamera since release. This change doesn't bug me, as I take all my screenshots using the the "Smart Zoom" or whatever it is called (when you press N). And for video making, I can see this having cleaner shots free of unnecessary clipping.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Default Re: Debug camera funs support me, close ups are ruined in the new beta patch14

it bothers me while iam actually playing, not while iam taking schreenshots or taking videos(which i dont)

I am split with this, sometime's it's annoying sometimes I like it. I think the range for the unit to disappear need to be decrease until it only disappears when ur camera would actually be inside the unit.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

I thought its much better now, instead of clipping units grey out. Is it really that close? While playing sieges I actually found the feature quiet nice, of course I didn't test how close one must be to grey them out. Any other opinions or tests of if this greying out happens to early? If its way too early, I support it, but I think it was quiet ok, no?

I think they need to no make it gradual, its either visible or not.

Disagree. The slow fade in looks much nicer.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

either way iam a close up fun and it ruins it for me, i find the change irritating and the graying out happening way too early,but at least they must inform as in order to change that optionaly with pfm for eg

Citizen

Blog Entries

I play up close as well, but I do prefer how it looks now, never a fan of the clipping. Maybe the range should be decreased by like 1 soldier and then it would be perfect.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Clipping through units and seeing their tongue, eyeballs, or the back of their head through their face was one of my least favourite things about the game, this is much better.

The patch is in beta and you can suggest to reduce the range of the fade out on the official forums. Have you done that?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

I dont care about seeing inside the model as long as i can have my close up, with the debug camera when your zoom into a unit you cannot see a soldier from a close up view any more, you can only see the man behind and a gray out lay, thats what will make me stop updating rome seriously, if i cant reverse it with some modding.
    and dont have any accounts in the official forums unfortunately

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Is the debug camera a mod?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

no its just a choice in the preferences txt file

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

What about when you use the N key to zoom? does that still work?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    What about when you use the N key to zoom? does that still work?
    It does, though if a soldier has faded away because you are too close, it will still be faded away.

I also hate the new camera, i play zoomed in a lot and the new fade breaks the immersion, It should only fade if your camera is at a spot where it would actually be clipping through the unit.

totally agree

I like the new camera, looks way better that way. But since I don't ULTRA ZOOM IN, I'm not sure how bad it is for someone who does.

You are in the minority. The change is better for people using default camera.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Can the OP provide some screenshots about this?

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast