Thread: Steam issue - was working fine, now its not

Default Steam issue - was working fine, now its not

I recently downloaded darthmod, and it's amazing!!

But today I went to go play and steam had some sort of thing that I had to agree to and now darthmod won't work.
    I've reinstalled both Medieval 2 and darthmod.

It starts up and crashes to desktop with the message "Medieval2: Totalwar encountered an unspeicifed error and will now exit."

Can anyone help?
    I took my save game with me of the scots and I just got a family member named William Wallace. So I really wanna get back into it hah

Default Re: Steam issue - was working fine, now its not

Hey I just the same problem as well just Yesterday! I Uninstalled and it didn't help the problem either. Now it just doesn't load anymore before the "Medieval2: Totalwar encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." I don't know if the problem is with Steam or the game itself, but what's really annoying is I cant play IT!

EDIT: Hey it could be the New Update they released for the servers, here's the Link. http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/1...e-on-steam.htm

brandonm1911's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKhanThanh View Post
    EDIT: Hey it could be the New Update they released for the servers, here's the Link. http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/1...e-on-steam.htm
    Have you found a fix or could you possibly link me to one?

Hello. I have the same problem when I try to launch the mod from desktop. I have the same announcement about an "unexpected error" I tried to run the application as administrator but nothing happens. I have played Shogun 2 Steam version with Darthmod and it worked fine.

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kakkapylly View Post
    Hello. I have the same problem when I try to launch the mod from desktop. I have the same announcement about an "unexpected error" I tried to run the application as administrator but nothing happens. I have played Shogun 2 Steam version with Darthmod and it worked fine.

it's the same thing they did With Rome: Total War.
    but with that one you could remove a UI.pak file and it would work.

This is how they are pushing people off their older games. the heads..