Thread: graphic performance in NTW2

Default graphic performance in NTW2

i am using a pentium D with 3GHz and an ATI fireGL V7300 400Mhz graphic card.

this card is not exactly for gaming, but in benchmark tests it achieves similar results like Nvideas 7800 GTX, 450 MHz/1197 MHz with same processor,
    which should actually be not too bad

now, in NTW2 when high grass and large numbers of units are shown the framerate is still droping down lower than 25fps.

where is the hook? i am wondering if its rather the graphic card or processor?

does anyone of you enjoying playing NTW2 with a framerate constantly higher than 25fps? using full details?
    if so, what system are you using?

Default Re: graphic performance in NTW2

it's mostly CPU related, but yours seems powerfull enough, so I guess it's the GraCa that's being the bottleneck.

I've heard people having framerate problems with the RTW engine even though they have a quite powerful PC. I've got a new core2 CPU with a 7900 GTX and it works great - although running big games on Huge unit size is still out of the question.

Default Re: graphic performance in NTW2

thanks, well i thought so too
    but couldnt believe it considering the results of my benchmarktests..

but those masses of soldiers and grass effects is probably the reason they made an engine based on directX, therefore it should adress CraCa.
    but you never know everybody says something else..
    Last edited by Droteutis; October 25, 2006 at 06:14 AM.