Thread: [三国上] Developer's Corner

Default [三国上] Developer's Corner

Hello all, and welcome to the new Developer's Corner, where you are free to ask us developers anything about the mod, including future plans (note that we can't reveal everything to you, some things must be kept a surprise ).

On that note, I would also like to inform you guys on the latest things that have been going on behind the scenes at our mod studio. We have been working hard for the last 4 months to grind in brand new looks to the game (UI, terrain improvements) as well as various bug fixes. As you may have read in the Patch News forum, the release of our first version is coming very soon (I can guarantee you that it will be within a month), with a preview that will be coming out this week. This release will be the first step in achieving our dreams and ambitions for the community to enjoy a lasting Ancient China Total War experience. We have lots of content planned for the future, from larger maps to completely new units and re-modeled ones as well. In the end, this mod will look nothing like it is now, and certainly not the original game either. Our goal is to bring you back to Ancient China as close as possible, with many goodies along the way.

Between now and the release, we would kindly ask you to stress test the game as much as possible (especially in the field of battle, which seems to be the most common crash issue). We want to fix as many bugs as possible so you can enjoy Three Kingdoms as it's meant to be. (For every crash report, please refer to this sticky and ensure that your logs are set to trace, and that the entire log file is being uploaded. This will ensure that these bugs are resolved as quickly as possible)

Now... ask away folks! (Feel free to suggest ideas to us as well)

(Also, small side note. In preparation of the release, we will be updating all stickies to current, new information. So if you're new here, and think that it's not quite worth while to stay looking at the old pics and info, I would kindly ask you to wait for us to update. Information that we have in the stickies can be considered OUTDATED as of now)
    Last edited by The Blade That Was Broken; July 20, 2014 at 12:53 AM.

Default Re: [三国上] Developer's Corner

Congratulation!

In my opinion,I think Three kingdoms stage is a prologue of barbarian invasion,so I'd love to see some different factions in the mod,such as "Qiang(羌)"、“Di(氐)”、“羯”(Part of Xiongnu,may be related to Kets people in Siberia)、“Wuhuan(乌桓)”、“Xianbei(鲜卑)” and Goguryeo, after the end of Three kingdoms stage,the will play an important role in Chinese history

well im looking forward to it! its not like ca will ever make a china total war.
    Check out the Rogue Empire for lets plays and all kinds of other videos!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsRogue

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by againster View Post
    Congratulation!

In my opinion,I think Three kingdoms stage is a prologue of barbarian invasion,so I'd love to see some different factions in the mod,such as "Qiang(羌)"、“Di(氐)”、“羯”(Part of Xiongnu,may be related to Kets people in Siberia)、“Wuhuan(乌桓)”、“Xianbei(鲜卑)” and Goguryeo, after the end of Three kingdoms stage,the will play an important role in Chinese history
    To a certain extent I can agree with that sentiment (prologue to barbarian invasions), however I must reiterate that the mod is about just the Three Kingdoms and not the Northern and Southern Dynasties period. While all of the "barbarian" peoples played a role (to a greater or lesser extent) during the Three Kingdoms era, that role is far overshadowed by the Chinese; it would not be until another 140 years after our mod's timeframe that the "barbarian" people became exceedingly significant to Chinese affairs. We do have unique Qiang, Di, Xiongnu, Wuhuan, and Xianbei units, and their leaders, in the mod already, however the issue with making them each unique factions is faction slots. Simply put, we don't have the enough faction slots to do it. In regard to Goguryeo, we have planned to create a few unique units, such as the Iron-horse Warriors and bow-wielding Goguryeo Nobles, that will serve as either AoR or mercenaries.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Are you guys going to edit the current population values? So that it would be more realistic as to how many people there were in a city back then, like the guys from DBM did.

are you going to add more unique units for each fraction? cause the stats are the same just different area of troops that is different, plus a little different coloring on the armors

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    are you going to add more unique units for each fraction? cause the stats are the same just different area of troops that is different, plus a little different coloring on the armors
    As a base game? Probably not, but do expect some high-quality models coming out of my workshop in the coming months.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

In addition to that, regional unit stats have been redone for greater differentiation between troop types from each region. Each region will have 1 troop type they excel at and receive a large bonus, 2 types they are good at and receive a moderate bonus, and three types that they receive no bonus.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

will fraction sons, son in law have titles? I really love the title system but it doesnt seem to pass on except for those who are originally made. not sure if you answer this on the patch new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    will fraction sons, son in law have titles? I really love the title system but it doesnt seem to pass on except for those who are originally made. not sure if you answer this on the patch new thread.
    Not sure about that, probably Seether can shed some light on this.

Just want to make a quick reminder to everyone:

If you experience any crashes whatsoever, please post the specific details (For example, if you crash while besieging Luoyang (example, not true ) as Liu Bei, please state so in your post), and include the crash log (found in your install directory, under the folder /logs). PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR LOG IS SET TO TRACE (this is NOT enabled by default). This ensures that we can fix your crashes as soon as possible, without the hassle of waiting for more information from your side.
    (Steam users, please ensure that you use the 'ModStarter' to start 'Rise of Three Kingdoms')

A full release version will be coming out very shortly (tentative date is set for Early August), so I would like to ask you all to be patience for fixes to these crashes.
    Last edited by The Blade That Was Broken; July 23, 2014 at 07:26 PM.