Thread: Need help with installing a mod, i can't figure it out

Biarchus

Default Need help with installing a mod, i can't figure it out

Im trying to install this helmet mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=76943.0

I went to modules/native and put the two helmet.brf files in the resource folder
    Then i put all the texture or dds files in the textures folder in native module aswell.

Then i went to module.ini and put in
    scan_module_textures = 1
    load_module_resource = crusaderhelms
    load_module_resource = medievalhelmets

Tried going ingame and the game launched and everything worked, except there helmets are nowhere to be found!

I then read something about a items_kind1.txt file, i got no idea how to edit it with that program it wants me to use. Why couldn't the items_kind1.txt not just be in the rar.file i downloaded of the mod ?_?
    Luckily a user uploaded the items_kind1.txt for the mod in a post on the mod thread, i downloaded that and replaced my old item_kind1.txt with the new one. However, still no freeking helmets in the game!

So now im out of ideas, please help me if you can

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Need help with installing a mod, i can't figure it out

Use The Morgh's Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor

Now may i ask, you can't buy the helmet or you can't find it on the head of your character (it make him headless) .
    First one mean that you did not make the Helmet available in market, correct that by use the tool above, easy to use no worry, or try the cheat menu > Camp > Find an item .
    Second one mean that you did not inter the model name in the items_kind1.txt, as i say it is not too hard using the tool above .

Hope you find your answer .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Biarchus

Default Re: Need help with installing a mod, i can't figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTower View Post
    Use The Morgh's Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor

Now may i ask, you can't buy the helmet or you can't find it on the head of your character (it make him headless) .
    First one mean that you did not make the Helmet available in market, correct that by use the tool above, easy to use no worry, or try the cheat menu > Camp > Find an item .
    Second one mean that you did not inter the model name in the items_kind1.txt, as i say it is not too hard using the tool above .

Hope you find your answer .
    Thanks, yea the problem is that i can't find it anywhere in the markets. I ran around to every town markey acouple of time untill i gave up, and figured out that i didn't install it correctly. Im going to give this a try though and report back