Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 2014/15 (EPL - kicks off 16/8/14)

Default Re: Fantasy Football 2014/15 (EPL - kicks off 16/8/14)

My friends called me stupid for subbing out the +60% Diego Costa. They don't realize that now that Suarez is gone, Aguero is the best player in the EPL, and only 15% of managers own him.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

^^^^I just sold Fabregas in order to bring him in. I had to choose between selling Fabregas or selling Di Maria- so lets see if I made the right choice.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

, just realized that Cost finally failed to played when being a doubt.

And Sören got Agüero as his vice captain.

I feel like dropping Sanchez and Fabregas. Am I crazy?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm totally killing it, 85 with Di Maria to play! Boyd off the bench was just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    ^^^^I just sold Fabregas in order to bring him in. I had to choose between selling Fabregas or selling Di Maria- so lets see if I made the right choice.
    Couldn't you downgrade one of your defenders? I have Aguero, Costa and 3 premium midfielders and still enough money for Ivanović/Baines. All those hits I took at the start of the season are finally paying off!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I wouldn't drop Fabregas. Sanchez is expensive but he's playing great. Can you downgrade your defense instead?
    Last edited by Gallus; October 19, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I didn't realize Costa wasn't playing until too late to do anything about it given I was driving, and Tomkins and Costa my Captain - I don't even want to look as it will just make me cry.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Had Costa as captain, but Aguero as my vice. For once I'm glad Costa didn't play

Think there'll be some high scores this week.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I wouldn't drop Fabregas. Sanchez is expensive but he's playing great. Can you downgrade your defense instead?
    Is Sanchez really doing that great? I thought he looked fairly anonymous on Saturday. Lucky goal and awesome finish from Welbeck but might be wrong.

He's doing great compared to our other players. If nothing else, he's got end products.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Is Sanchez really doing that great? I thought he looked fairly anonymous on Saturday. Lucky goal and awesome finish from Welbeck but might be wrong.
    He's the best Arsenal player, I think he could average around 6 points this season. He's very expensive though, if it's a choice between him and Aguero I would (and did) pick Aguero.

, just realized that Cost finally failed to played when being a doubt.

And Sören got Agüero as his vice captain.

Fabregas is playing deeper now. I doubt he will provide the assists/goals as before. Hazard seems to be taking on that role slowly but surely. I wouldn't drop him yet but start think about it.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Cesc has always played as part of the 2, in Chelsea's 4-2-3-1. That has never stopped him. Cesc is one of those playmakers who can make a pinpoint pass for anywhere on the field, so he's always going to have a chance of providing assist, although not as many goals in this set up.

He is also ridiculously consistent, since he was about 19 years old.

The key thing with Cesc, I'd imagine, is when Chelsea form drops a bit, and they go into grind-out mode. Then Cesc points might dry up a bit as Chelsea start to have a number of 1-goal margin games.
    - Aragooner

So how many of you sold Costa?

So how many of you sold Costa?
    Sold him last week for Aguero, already. 60% ownership is way too high.
    - Aragooner

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    Sold him last week for Aguero, already. 60% ownership is way too high.
    There's no real reason to be concerned about ownership at this stage in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    There's no real reason to be concerned about ownership at this stage in the season.
    You kept him Søren? I'm glad I'm not the only one, but if I knew he'd drop this fast I'd switch him for Pelle just for this week.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

I've kept Costa. Already got Aguero in and can't really see any other replacement without taking a massive drop in price.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Is anyone else having a shocking GW? 18 point with only 5 players to play...

I'm right with you. Forgot to make changes because I was out of town (working in tech, there is no excuse for me to not make those changes via my smartphone) so I was stuck with Aguero as captain. Mind you, I was going to choose Pelle, so it wasn't any better. Sanchez sitting there with 15 points in my midfield, taunting me.
    - Aragooner

Civitate

Is anyone else having a shocking GW? 18 point with only 5 players to play...
    Mine is shockingly good. Partially because of your advice to not get rid of Sanchez .

I'm hosting a fantasy draft forum game. Check it out here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rum-Draft-Game
    - Aragooner