Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 2014/15 (EPL - kicks off 16/8/14)

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Fantasy Football 2014/15 (EPL - kicks off 16/8/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Mine is shockingly good. Partially because of your advice to not get rid of Sanchez .
    I wish I listened to my own advice and brought him in He's a bit expensive to bring in in the middle of the season though, I'd have to sell Di Maria and I really don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I wish I listened to my own advice and brought him in He's a bit expensive to bring in in the middle of the season though, I'd have to sell Di Maria and I really don't want to.
    His price actually fell compared to start of season
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's it, I'm getting Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    That's it, I'm getting Sanchez
    Do it THIS second. His price might still be around 10.6, which is just 0.1 from his original price. When you consider other people of similar form has already shot up by like 0.5, he's one of the more "cost-effective" star choice at the moment.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

I've had to get rid of all my Liverpool players. Sad times.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I just discovered I have no Arsenal players and one spud! This situation will need to change just as soon as the week is done. (Kawee, you can't change anyone until gameweek is over, Sanchez will go up this week for sure).

36 points for Sanchez to Q this week! Someone had a good week.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    I just discovered I have no Arsenal players and one spud! This situation will need to change just as soon as the week is done. (Kawee, you can't change anyone until gameweek is over, Sanchez will go up this week for sure).36 points for Sanchez to Q this week! Someone had a good week.
    Yes you can, on the my team page, click on the Make tTransfer link on the coming gameweek.

You can make the changes during gameweek, the change will simply apply for NEXT gameweek. It helps ensure you get the player at a lower price before all the demand pushes up his price. There is of course risk involved, since Sanchez being an Arsenal player, could trip on some grass and break his ankle tomorrow.
    - Aragooner

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Really? Damn it, well clearly this is why I am languishing down the bottom (nothing to do with other crap selections of course ) I always wait until the gameweek is over to change because I thought you couldn't make changes. In that case, time to make an adjustment or two.

Think this one through dude. Think of the grass...the broken ankle....

Usually, I recommend people to wait until the midweek game is over (so Wednesday or Thursday depending on different teams) before making changes, since this will give you plenty of information regarding injury, but not so late as to have to pay too much in extra. However, Sanchez is such a hot property right now that you probably have to make a move now before he hits 11.0 price.

It's like stocks, you have to buy and sell at the right time. Selling Costa (probably at his peak price) to buy Aguero has proven a pretty good move for me in the past few GWs, helping me beat quite a number of teams who has the former.
    - Aragooner

Civitate

I recommend checking FISO to see when players are likely to increase or decrease in price (see here: http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php).

This year they changed the algorithm which makes price changes a bit harder to predict (ie FISO works less well). But in general I adopt two different approaches:

1) Bandwagon players (players who score well creating huge influx of new owners) are bought very soon. A player who is "promising" and score a huge number of points usually increase one point by midnight (prices increase/decrease at certain time points if bought/sold by enough players) after their big game. So getting them immediately help you to build team value.

2) Other players I buy late in the week (or even save transfers for the next week) to avoid injuries.

Personally I also like to play with a fairly strong set of bench players which provides me with some leeway if players are injured/suspended. If your start team is solid it is also very possible to increase team value simply by fiddling with the bench players, but that happens fairly rarely.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I used my wildcard, too late and the changes will probably be for the worse .

So many people have different theories on wildcard. Those that start well usually have the luxury of keeping it for quite a while. If you start off with the likes of Costa and Clyne, you probably still have your wildcard. For most people though, it gets used very early because the oppoetunity cost of keeping it for a long time, and losing "purchasing power" through both increased prices and lower transfer money is too high. Most people I know, including myself, use it with 1-2 GW after the summer window closes.
    - Aragooner

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    So many people have different theories on wildcard. Those that start well usually have the luxury of keeping it for quite a while. If you start off with the likes of Costa and Clyne, you probably still have your wildcard. For most people though, it gets used very early because the oppoetunity cost of keeping it for a long time, and losing "purchasing power" through both increased prices and lower transfer money is too high. Most people I know, including myself, use it with 1-2 GW after the summer window closes.
    I used it two weeks ago because I realized that Sören had both more points and a better team than I had. So far it have paid off quite handsomely.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    I just discovered I have no Arsenal players and one spud! This situation will need to change just as soon as the week is done. (Kawee, you can't change anyone until gameweek is over, Sanchez will go up this week for sure).

36 points for Sanchez to Q this week! Someone had a good week.
    Yeah finally . I did have Aguero as captain a few weeks back when he had four goals. Captain choice is so key. Last few years of playing Fantasy Football I haven't really thought too much about the captain. I've deliberately used my free transfers each week so I'm spoiled for choice on the captain this time around.

Would have been an even better week if I waited until Friday on my free transfer. I decided to transfer in Wilshere for Frank Lampard after reading Thursday about how Wilshere was going to try and get goals against Burnley and try turn himself into the next goalscoring Gerrard. I ummed and ahhed about bringing in Downing instead of Wilshere but after reading all the sources, I decided on Wilshere Thursday night on that basis. Friday morning press conference Wenger says Wilshere is out for the Burnley game. I was livid. I had read numerous articles written Thursday about how Wilshere was going to set the world alight this weekend. There were like 80 sources on it on Google News Thursday. I was even more annoyed to see Downing get 13 points last weekend.

Don't know what my transfer will be this week. Will either be Wilshere out or Milner out depending on what the managers say in the Friday press conferences. I've two Burnley players on the bench I could do with shipping out too when I get a chance. Don't know who too pick as captain this week. Sanchez could have another good week, lots of people will panic, transfer him in and put him as captain. If that does happen and I don't have him as captain it will cost me all my good work in recent weeks. Saying that, I think I have better options for captain this week looking at the games. I'm very happy with the strength of my team at the moment. Fabregas, Costa, Pelle, Agüero, Sanchez, - I'm pleased I've managed too fit all these players in one team and still have reasonable selections in the other positions.

I've already used my wildcard and I dropped 12 points week two shipping out Bojan. Had no choice about it - I was bottom of the league and made some real bad decisions with the team I started with. The 12 points I used to replace most of my team with was just as bad on the decisions. Really wish I had my wildcard for March, but sometimes, you have no choice but to use it. It's there to use when you need it after all. I used it March last year and it was no good too me. This year I decided to use the wildcard too bring in Falcao off the bat assuming being the great striker he is he'll go get another 30+ in England. But it seems Man Utd are experts at doing badly yet again this year. All the Man Utd players are over-priced with poor return. Di Maria is about the only justified Man Utd choice right now and even so, there are other options with his price-tag.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

I think everyone is waiting for Man Utd to go on a run, just like many people were trying to time selling Costa. Lots of positive signs according to Man Utd fans.
    - Aragooner

Alcaraz injury is such a big problem for me. Missing out on his CS points is one thing, but I picked him up specifically because being a part of the Everton defense will allow me to move out 3/5 of my backline. Instead, now I have to spend -4 points on moving him out.

Went with Mcnair. Hopefully, the youngster will do his bit against Palace.

P.S. Just added myself to the league! MY team is 11 baskets 1 egg.
    - Aragooner

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    P.S. Just added myself to the league! MY team is 11 baskets 1 egg.
    Welcome to the league... You bastard in the lead .

Nice and very unconventional team I must say.

Thank you! You can't lead the pack by having the same players as everyone else

On that note, I'll probably be moving out Sterling and Pelle soon. The former I've been wanting to rid of for a while, but always had other priorities. The latter was my niche striker, but he's now at +30% ownership, so will be moving him on soon. I have a feeling Sturridge might return from injury just in time to replace him.

Totally messed up my captain choice. I was choosing between Pelle at home against Leicester, and Aguero away to in-form QPR. Went with the former. That's an 8 point difference right there. Also, Stoke looks like keeping a cleansheet against Spurs at the moment. I have 1 Stoke defender on the bench, and another starting. The latter got injured in the 25th minute, so that's that. Could have been looking at +70 points GW otherwise.

Edit: Stoke concedes, so no big loss there. Now, hang tight and beat the Spurs you Potters!
    Last edited by Kawee; November 09, 2014 at 09:26 AM.
    - Aragooner

Phew, so glad it was an active member who joined the league and not just some random browser, I've taken down the league code now just in case though, I've had very little time for football over the last few months but I'm hoping my schedule ease's up before Christmas as i'm missing fantasy. I'm not exactly thrilled to be propping up the league but it is was it is sadly.