Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 2014/15 (EPL - kicks off 16/8/14)

Default Re: Fantasy Football 2014/15 (EPL - kicks off 16/8/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post

edit: what do you think about my new team? Better, right?
    We won't be able to see any of your changes until the game locks for the next GW, remember hits and WC's do not guarantee a good performance for the following week, make sure your players are brought in for over a period of games and not the one week, try and show a little faith in them sometimes if they fail to deliver.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
    We won't be able to see any of your changes until the game locks for the next GW, remember hits and WC's do not guarantee a good performance for the following week, make sure your players are brought in for over a period of games and not the one week, try and show a little faith in them sometimes if they fail to deliver.
    Krul (Elliot)
    PvA, Ivanovic, Rose, (Hutton, Duff)
    Silva, Mata, De Jong, Fabregas, Sigurdsson
    Sturridge, Costa, (Jutkiewicz)

I'd like to get a better backup keeper but I don't see where I can downgrade. I had to WC before all the quality players I missed rise in price. I've already missed on Sterling. I took a hit last week to get rid of Young. It didn't pay off in short term but should pay off during the course of the season.

Krul (Elliot)
    No Villa defender would make my WC team at the minute mate, GW 4 to GW 8 fixtures look horrible.

No Villa defender would make my WC team at the minute mate, GW 4 to GW 8 fixtures look horrible.
    that's why he's on the bench! I mean to play him vs Hull instead of Rose. I have 5 playing defenders and can afford to go for long term stability instead of "good fixtures". I might have to get rid of Mata and Sturridge with arrivals of Di Maria and Balotelli but luckily my WC is on until Friday. I mean 11.5 is very expensive for a winger. Then again he's still a top 5 striker in the Premier League... Decisions, decisions.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Well this , I'm wildcarding tonight.

edit: wildcarded. New team:

Krul (Elliot)

I had to do it before Ivanovic rose in price, I hope Silva and Sturridge don't get injured tomorrow lol. I like this team a lot more. It's very nicely balanced.
    That is one early use of the wildcard. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that due to my current position.

Reading reports that Costa has picked up an injury, that could cause havoc to a lot of teams.

Reading reports that Costa has picked up an injury, that could cause havoc to a lot of teams.
    Costa injured? Everybody get rid of him, once this guy gets injured he's done for a couple of months. It's a hamstring injury that he picked up last season and it's never healed properly. I wonder with whom I should replace him since Džeko is injured as well. Adebayor maybe?

Jovetic is a steal. Looks like a regular now that he's rid of his injury. Lamela is another I will consider getting.

Steering clear of Balotelli at 10.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Jovetic is a steal. Looks like a regular now that he's rid of his injury. Lamela is another I will consider getting.

Steering clear of Balotelli at 10.
    I'm hoping Eriksen drops so that I can do Mata->Eriksen + 1.0 He was very unlucky not to score last week.

Costa is first on my bench! Somebody poison Rose please.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Glad now that I switched Costa for Sturridge before season started. I was think Zaha may be a good buy, he will get more time now he's back at Palace and I reckon he is a good bet for a few, scored today after all, but I added Naismith - good thing he scored today too.

Played the worst ever WC this week, Giroud's injury plus Costa's supposed 4-6 week hamstring tear put me in full panic mode, watching Costa score two yesterday was just hurtful.

Played the worst ever WC this week, Giroud's injury plus Costa's supposed 4-6 week hamstring tear put me in full panic mode, watching Costa score two yesterday was just hurtful.
    I'm really happy with my team now, but I put Costa on the bench and played Danny ing Rose instead. I've seen Costa come off the pitch after 10 minutes with this same injury too many times last year. I'd be sitting on 47 points if I played him...

edit: I'll drop Mata today, maybe even for Noble and get a third striker or for one of Eriksen/Lamela/Sterling.
    Last edited by Gallus; August 31, 2014 at 06:47 AM.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Had an absolute shocker this week. Was going to transfer in Costa for Sturridge, but thought he was injured, so didn't. Instead I transferred in Dier for Caulker, and sure enough, Dier concedes 3 and Caulker keeps a clean sheet.

Just to top that off, I had Guzan in goal and kept Begovic on the bench, assuming he'd concede several against Man City. He then goes on to keep a clean sheet...

Would have got 20 points more if I'd not made my changes...
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Costa injured? Everybody get rid of him, once this guy gets injured he's done for a couple of months. It's a hamstring injury that he picked up last season and it's never healed properly. I wonder with whom I should replace him since Džeko is injured as well. Adebayor maybe?
    Jose trolled the fantasy players.

"Up to 6 weeks" injury? Costa starts and scores 2.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I uncaptained Costa but had him playing (if he had been gone for 6 weeks he would just have been autosubstituted).

And I really lucked out with my knee jerk as I dropped Jovetic for Naismith last week which was a real dumbass move.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Jose trolled the fantasy players.
    Yeah when I saw "hamstring injury - out 6 weeks" I thought he was done for the season tbh. That stupid hamstring has been bothering him for half a year and when he injured it again I was sure it never healed properly. I still kept him because he was 10.6 and flagged, meaning he wouldn't drop more than 0.1 in the next week. Ah well, from now on I'm playing my star players, even if they are flagged. I have 14 starting players anyway (the only non starter is Elliot, but I have Krul so one of them will be playing every minute of the season ).
    Last edited by Gallus; September 01, 2014 at 06:13 AM.

Yeah when I saw "hamstring injury - out 6 weeks" I thought he was done for the season tbh. That stupid hamstring has been bothering him for half a year and when he injured it again I was sure it never healed properly. I still kept him because he was 10.6 and flagged, meaning he wouldn't drop more than 0.1 in the next week. Ah well, from now on I'm playing my star players, even if they are flagged. I have 14 starting players anyway (the only non starter is Elliot, but I have Krul so one of them will be playing every minute of the season ).

Yeah I went with Sturridge over Costa after much indecisiveness and now after Balotelli arrival I am thinking I should have went with Costa.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Forgot to pick my team for this week, which meant Jagielka and Howard lost me points.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Yeah I went with Sturridge over Costa after much indecisiveness and now after Balotelli arrival I am thinking I should have went with Costa.
    This is my thinking also. Just sold Sturridge for Costa.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    This is my thinking also. Just sold Sturridge for Costa.
    I'm keeping Sturridge, but then I already have Costa. Sturridge plays better with another striker so I'm expecting his form to improve with Balotelli in the team.

edit: I need help guys, three of my first team players are flagged (Rose, Robertson and De Jong) and I have no free transfers. I've already played my WC. The question is, do I let my subs fill in for them or take the hits?
    Last edited by Gallus; September 05, 2014 at 05:48 AM.