Thread: New TWC/MCC Server Launching!

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default New TWC/MCC Server Launching!

All,

Please see here for details of a new server planning to come online before the start of August.

The server boasts several unique features, including:

- Custom-edited Towny plugin to allow for wars to be fought for control over individual Towns. Towns can band together into Nations for protection, power, influence or common goals or can stand alone and build their own Outposts to exert their influence over far-flung parts of the map. Build an Empire, exist as a City State, or try to form some sort of Holy Roman Empire or UN to band many independent Towns together in a loose confederation.

- Custom-made Armour, Enchant and Potions plugins to bring much greater balance to PvP. Armours now roughly represent a 'class system', where each armour type lends itself to a certain playstyle. Gone are the days where the person with the most Diamond Armour always wins.

- A bridged PvP/Adventure world system where players can build and war over their own creations in one world, and use portals to access a non-editable Adventure World where the enemies are more powerful and drop lucrative loot. The world includes many dungeons, abandoned towns and castles, and other sites to explore and battle powerful AI enemies in. Be wary, though, as other players can access the world at the same time and may not be friendly.

- A long and successful history. The TWC, and now MCC, servers and community have been around in some form for around four years now.

Hawk_345's Avatar Civis

Default Re: New TWC/MCC Server Launching!

If Poach has peaked your interest, and you want to know a more detailed description as to what MCC will offer. Check out the five part series of Dev Diaries that have been released over the past few months. They detail all the features we will offer. There will be one final dev diary released one week prior to launch.

MCC Dev Diary #1

MCC Dev Diary #2

MCC Dev Diary #3

MCC Dev Diary #4

MCC Dev Diary #5
    An Empire Under the Sun - A HOI3 AAR
    Follow the fight of 3 generals to become a world power

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Excellent, been waiting for this already!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

This server is currently down.

A new TWC-based Community Server is launching soon, check out the sub forum above for details!
    Last edited by Sanny; December 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

TASS07's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sanny View Post
    This server is currently closed.
    That is currently wrong. In fact the mentioned server is not closed, though it was rather uninhabited recently.
    Database issues had taken it (and the MCC website) down last weekend. They apparently returned this week after the website database issue was fixed and the gameservers were restarted.

Server is still down for me.

TASS07's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Decimus Maximus View Post
    Server is still down for me.
    That is the case yes. Sorry for the complicated expression. When I noticed it could be misunderstood it was already to late and due to my relatively small post count over here, I cannot edit my posts (yet).

Explanation of my own words:
    They apparently returned this week after the website database issue was fixed and the gameservers were restarted.
    After the db issue had been fixed it apparently returned. So it currently needs fixing again. What you probably read "The DB issue had been fixed, after it had returned [again]".

Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry for my choice of words, I should of said "down" for the time being unless stated otherwise. Thanks for clearing this up.