Thread: Principes and Triarii & Naval invasion

Tiro

Default Principes and Triarii & Naval invasion

I have defeated Hannibal, Theophanes, Maglocunus of Lemonum (the first besieger of Genua) and the Carthaginian army inside Taras. I have lost Messana after an evacuation.

1. AFAIK it isn't possible to recruit principes or triarii (although the guide says the opposite). Does this mean I have to replace them by mercs or to send my southern troops to the north?

2. Has anyone seen a Carthaginian (or Greek) naval invasion in southern Italy? I read they didn't do that, but I think they're coming.
    Last edited by The_Judge; July 18, 2014 at 04:02 AM.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Default Re: Principes and Triarii & Naval invasion

1. You have to upgrade your cities before you can train triarii and principes

2. Carthage didn't send any troops over to me, but the Greeks send them regularly.

Default Re: Principes and Triarii & Naval invasion

1. Capua is the first city that will be able to produce them but you have to upgrade it first
    2. The Carthaginians only send naval invasions to Sicily, not to southern Italy.