Thread: Applying the 1.05 patch with TA installed

Default Applying the 1.05 patch with TA installed

I have kingdoms 1.04 and TA 3.2. Can I apply the 1.05 patch to Kingdoms without it affecting TA?

Default Re: Applying the 1.05 patch with TA installed

Yes you can. If you want to be sure it will work, make a backup of whole Third_Age_3 folder somewhere, and just copy/paste it back into your M2TW/ mods folder AFTER updating your Kingdoms.

Be sure that you have the correct 1.05 patch, otherwise, you will have to reinstall whole M2TW+Kingdoms..
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks for reply.
    I bought the game upon release in UK. Not Gold edition.So is the correct patch to apply " Total_War_Kingdoms_EnFrItGeSp.RAR ".I imagine En is for English.?

Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Thanks for reply.
    I bought the game upon release in UK. Not Gold edition.So is the correct patch to apply " Total_War_Kingdoms_EnFrItGeSp.RAR ".I imagine En is for English.?

Thankyou.
    Mine is UK Non Gold edition too ( English language..) and, this one worked for me: Total_War_Kingdoms_Patch_US_NON_GOLD.rar.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks for reply Elvenkind. Are you sure that the non gold US patch is OK.? I thought US and EN versions were incompatible.

Sorry to be a pain but I really dont want to mess up the patch tp 1.05 and have to install all from scratch.

Thankyou

I had to go through that too, the US patch was the third patch that worked for me ( third re installation of whole M2TW.. ). It is a possibility that it won't work with your version, you will know that if you get an error message after applying the patch.

I can only say: Good luck!

Thank you Elvinkind.
    I`m tempted to keep 1.04 and apply EB2 when it is released and see what happens. Surely if TA and Stainless steel work on 1.04 then EB2 will work also. The changelog for 1.05 indicate unit value changes iirc rather than engine changes and EB2 will overwrite the vanilla stats.

Or am I being just dumb..................... Thankyou.

As I recall, Europa Barbarorum II will be a modfoldered mod, which means it will not overwrite any vanilla M2TW nor Kingdoms file. I am not 100 % sure about this, you can ask here about it:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...barorum-II-FAQ

Third Age and Stainless are(?) mod foldered-have separate folders as well.Does this mean that EB2 is more or less likely to run under 1.04.vanilla?
    Thankyou.

Well, I had posted a link of a thread where you can ask about it and get a correct answer, even though, I presume it should work.

All these modfoldered mods do not change vanilla M2TW files and so should work with 1.04 version.

Unless, mod explicitly requires 1.05 version, which should say in the requirements for that kind of a mod.

Thankyou for your advice Elvinkind- much appreciated. I think I`ll wait for EB2 release and see if it loads OK.The release may be months away so why risk messing up my games now....

Hi Elvinkind.
    Thankyou for your advice.

In post 3 of this thread you say you tried 3 patches before US non-gold worked. You mention UK non gold (the EU patch ?) and US non-gold but which was the THIRD one you tried (but failed!)
    Thankyou

Hi Elvinkind.
    Thankyou for your advice.

In post 3 of this thread you say you tried 3 patches before US non-gold worked. You mention UK non gold (the EU patch ?) and US non-gold but which was the THIRD one you tried (but failed!)
    Thankyou
    UK Gold, but since it is for those who have GOLD version, it didn`t work. That was the second which I`ve tested. Third was the lucky, US NON Gold.

Thanks Elenkind.
    So US non gold worked. Do you think it is to do with the fact that you`re in Croatia? Are you there-you`re sig says so :-).

Just be clear on one point.
    If the patch does not work you need to un-install both Kingdoms and Medieval 2. I.e the whole thing.?

Thankyou
    Last edited by jim600; August 04, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Elenkind.
    So US non gold worked. Do you think it is to do with the fact that you`re in Croatia? Are you there-you`re sig says so :-).

Just be clear on one point.
    If the patch does not work you need to un-install both Kingdoms and Medieval 2. I.e the whole thing.?

Thankyou
    Yes, I am a Croat living in Croatia.

US Non Gold worked for me, I had linked it in post#4 above.

If it does not work, then you have to uninstall whole M2TW+Kingdoms ( best to go through your Start - Control Panel- Uninstall a Program, then unistall Kingdoms campaigns and after that M2TW). And after uninstalling, I usually do this Manual Removal procedure, which is not complicated: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...r#.U9_TTLS-lvA

If you have to unistall-reinstall whole game, I would advise you to later install it in any other place on your PC, just not in your Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder.

Good luck!

Thank you Elvenkind for all your advice and patience.
    Looking at the regedit files I cannot find any of the keys detailrd in the link. Perhaps it`s because of I`m using Win 7 and not Vista.

Wouldn`t life have been so much easier if the developers used 1.4 !!!.
    P.s. Hope life is good in Croatia now (you`ve had your problems :-). As for me I`m in Wales (Pricipality of Britain).- near Cardiff. Great thing the Web -most of the time.

Oh another thing..... Do have any ideas why the US non-gold patch worked instead of the EU patch?
    Last edited by jim600; August 04, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Thank you Elvenkind for all your advice and patience.
    Looking at the regedit files I cannot find any of the keys detailrd in the link. Perhaps it`s because of I`m using Win 7 and not Vista.
    If you do not have regedit files, then it means the Uninstaller did its job.

Wouldn`t life have been so much easier if the developers used 1.4 !!!.
    P.s. Hope life is good in Croatia now (you`ve had your problems :-). As for me I`m in Wales (Pricipality of Britain).- near Cardiff. Great thing the Web -most of the time.
    Life is good here, lets see for how long.
    Oh another thing..... Do have any ideas why the US non-gold patch worked instead of the EU patch?
    Don`t know, my retailer probably labelled the DVDs wrong at the shop, when I was checking the receipt, it said UK version.