Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking New Members for East of Rome Team!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Seeking New Members for East of Rome Team!

I think the excubitores and buccelari are from EoA.

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I do think some of those units are still in Danube Limes, like three or four units - but the sub-mod itself is a buggy mess when it comes to what's left of that sub-mod. And i am talking about The End of Antiquity.

But the map was quite cool and the setting. But it's too far off from a release.. I'd look to the East of Rome-sub-mod instead.
    A year or two back I wanted to help with finishing the mod. Unfortunately, life got in the way. However, on my PC I do have what I believe is a relatively fully working copy of the Danube Limes campaign. There were two main problems with it. Crashing in battles and crashing when right clicking on a unit of Bulgar Spearmen. The former was solved by removing all Roman officers from units and the latter by adjusting faulty armour values. Both crashes are gone and I have a functioning 50+ turns Roman campaign going on. The only thing missing from that campaign now are some textures and unit cards. And the bugged Roman officers that were removed.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    A year or two back I wanted to help with finishing the mod. Unfortunately, life got in the way. However, on my PC I do have what I believe is a relatively fully working copy of the Danube Limes campaign. There were two main problems with it. Crashing in battles and crashing when right clicking on a unit of Bulgar Spearmen. The former was solved by removing all Roman officers from units and the latter by adjusting faulty armour values. Both crashes are gone and I have a functioning 50+ turns Roman campaign going on. The only thing missing from that campaign now are some textures and unit cards. And the bugged Roman officers that were removed.
    Yes, i also fixed the UI and officer-problems.

The full size of the available End of Antiquiety-mod is 2.93 GB, the released Danube Limes is on 5.25 GB and that means Danube Limes has everything but the bigger map and a different UI.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    I think the excubitores and buccelari are from EoA.
    Only a few of those were actually implemented, but i have found that alot of the Roman and Germanic EoA-troops are in the files. Some are bugged but most seem to work. I don't know about the other factions. I have only done a fourth of the BMDB-file and that's mostly Romans, germanics, some francs, some alemanni and some vandals.

I am hoping to find more of the non-roman factions. None of these have unit portraits but those can be created.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 04, 2017 at 11:02 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

If just as a tool for future modelers they would be useful. At least then some life could come from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    If just as a tool for future modelers they would be useful. At least then some life could come from them.
    I have a plan if i find enough non-roman troops. I am writing up every model that i test and naming them as "working", "bugged" "not working" and "buged weapon" -to keep track of them all. It's a huge amount of troops in the BMDB-file. I won't be done in awhile. But if it's enough troops for non-roman factions i do see some cleaning up of the scripts, descr_strat, EDB and custom battles - where i will remove all the non-working and majorly bugged units. And after that i will make sure there are only working units in the files.

Then we'll see what happens. But until i am done going through the BMDB nothing more will happen. EoA was too far from finished, and i only have very little interest in Danube Limes due to the small map. But we'll see if this third option might work.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 04, 2017 at 01:45 PM.

- The Havamal

I really hope it does, best of luck to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12