Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking New Members for East of Rome Team!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Seeking New Members for East of Rome Team!

Hi guys *hopefully holds hand up for a high five*

I've been talking with Alkimachos recently and we're on the same page about the current state of EoR. Unfortunately, most of our team has disappeared over the past year so it's pretty hard to get things done. I would like to get this submod fixed and then get to work on the main EoR Campaign and we need a bit (alot actually) of help to realize it. Alot of things have already been done but for the moment we need bug hunters and people who can fix bugs. Of course, we're always welcome to other ideas that'll help get this mod back on its feet. If you're interested in helping out then please shoot me or Alkimachos a PM letting us know.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: Seeking New Members for East of Rome Team!

We really need to fix those CTD's guys in order to make the mod fully playable. Then, the rest... ...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

I would love to help! at the moment I only know hot to add music files but soon I could begin to help in more advanced way's but me learning these steps may take some time, but as soon as i can I would love to help as this is one of my favorite mods and the Justinian era is skipped by SO many people!

how* sorry

Hey guys, I wish I could help, but unfortunately I'm pretty useless at modding, maybe these guys would be willing to help you out though. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-don%B4t-bite! They're called H.E.L.P and they're an independent group of modders that try to help finish mods. Best of Luck EOR team!

Darios, you're the only ray of hope for this mod... I salute you!

I've written the H.E.L.P people and hopefully we will get a nice response. I do not want to see this mod fail, especially as it hold so much potential.

While I am an utter novice in modding, I have noticed some newcomers with adequate skills that may be of use to this mod, perhaps I can help with your recruiting efforts.

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Hopefully the H.E.L.P guys will be able to help. It would really be a shame to let this die.

Now, I can't do modelling or texturing, but if you need any text editing, writing descriptions, editing the descr_strat etc etc I'm willing to help. I wouldn't be able to do much on weekdays, but I could use the weekends for that. I could even do some scripting.

Well, fingers crossed for help from H.E.L.P

Just to throw this out there, I'm still trying to recruit new members to help fix/spice up the Danube Limes campaign for East of Rome.

If things work out well there are also Justinian and Heraclius era campaigns that we can pull out of the EoR dungeons and hopefully get some work done on.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I wish i could actually mod, but i haven't the time at the moment. Over the summer however I would be interested in learning.

Don't beat yourself up mate, my knowledge in modding is a mile wide and only an inch deep. It's always a learning process and if you're interested in learning how to do some modeling over the summer then we might be able to find a spot for you on the team)

Awesome, this mod has such promise and it would be horrible to see it go down the drain.

Hello, Ive got much more time now and though i dont have much experience id like to learn ways to help you guys. Anything i could do, even menial stuff.

For the moment, I am very busied developping and releasing BC 2.4 but I as soon as it would be done, I will happily help you.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Just to throw this out there, I'm still trying to recruit new members to help fix/spice up the Danube Limes campaign for East of Rome.

If things work out well there are also Justinian and Heraclius era campaigns that we can pull out of the EoR dungeons and hopefully get some work done on.
    News:

The bad:

The End of Antique campaign has the map still, but there is only two factions in the campaign - Romans and Iranians -and the Iranians lost their units. I'd say the only thing of worth here is the different UI, loading pictures and the bigger map. Everything else seems gone or not added at all..

Total progress after the crash: 20% at the most.

The good news:

The Justinian Era campaign has an even bigger map - and all of the factions, generals and agents are added as well as settlements. Every faction has their units but they are not working for any faction not in Danube Limes -wich explains why the almost finished Justinian era-mod was abandoned.. Most of the units were unfortunately lost. This means it could be saved if someone replaced the units with others. The most suitable would be TGC-models - especially since TGC-horses already are in EoR. But as we can't get access to those before their release i'd guess the problem is the units.

One could always create new units but then we would need a unit modeller.. Or one could import units from other mods - but almost no mod besides TGC is set in the dark ages. I'd guess WotN has the Francs though.

Total progress after the crash:

I would say the units for most of the factions are not done. All the currently added units do work if you autoresolve battles. A hotseat campaign may be possible. But the units needs to be replaced in order to be able to play real-time battles. They CTD when trying to enter the battles. The weird thing is that most of the units do have their textures, meshes, attachmentsets and sprites. But they still CTD.

70 percent done? 30% would be adding units to like 20 factions.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 03, 2017 at 07:20 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

That is rather sad, are there no original members you can contact with some parts that can help?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    That is rather sad, are there no original members you can contact with some parts that can help?
    I was wrong, most units are missing unit sprites from original M2TW:K - and i am now going through the BMDB-file to find out wich units work and wich do not. I have found that at least two Frankish units and three Alemanni do work. I am adding the missing sprites as i go throught the file.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

That's good news. It's a real shame about the End of Antiquity units, they were wonderful. And from a period few cover.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    That's good news. It's a real shame about the End of Antiquity units, they were wonderful. And from a period few cover.
    I do think some of those units are still in Danube Limes, like three or four units - but the sub-mod itself is a buggy mess when it comes to what's left of that sub-mod. And i am talking about The End of Antiquity.

But the map was quite cool and the setting. But it's too far off from a release.. I'd look to the East of Rome-sub-mod instead.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast