Thread: Any news?

Default Any news?

Just wondering how your progressing and if you may have hit any snags on your first release. Im by no means trying to put any pressure on you. Just wondering when i may get to dl this jewel and play until i pass out.

HC (Im out of popcorn)

Nevermind I found some

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Any news?

I've been going thru all the units in custom battles, just making sure every faction's units load properly, and did run into a few snags I hadn't expected. So I spent all day today fixing those...took forever to find the errors.
    I still feel awful about uploading this without the unit cards being done, but I guess I just have to chill-out because they'll change with the unit name changes anyway. I'm hoping in the next few days...will try to use filefront.

Cool man, keep at it. It can get tedious trying to find some small error that could foul up the whole works. Good luck ironing out the rest of this first version so that you can get some feedback on your hard work. Lookin forward to this release.

HC

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I'm happy to say that after running into a MAJOR snag, I've gotten the issue fixed. So the good news is I'm going to test this one more time, (probably tomorrow) and make sure it installs right...then I'm going to zip it up and make it available to the Beta Testers. The bad news is, I lost some of the buildings...they just wouldn't work...oh well (but saved the Castra Praetorium, which made me happy),,,and the wonderful idea of a livelier 'Free Peoples' is a bust. Apparently, the 'Slave' faction cannot build buildings, or recruit anything from them, so I had to remove it all. Odd thing is, they COULD do it as long as I didn't try to change anything on the maps. But that's not a good thing, and my inclination was that this would cause unstable behavior. I still want the "free people' to be more of a challenge, but will leave that to another time.

Took me hours to pinpoint the issues, and was afraid I'd lost the whole thing.

Hope Im one of those lucky beta testers. I would love it to be so. Im trying at the moment to completely reinstall windows to help my poor lil Dell out to keep it runnin long and good enough for me to get my next rig. (which should be pretty sweet, gonna spend around 2500 hundred on it) But wont have it until christmas or after.Good luck and let me know if you want me to help with the beta.

HC