Thread: Sword Worn Tachi-Style?

Default Sword Worn Tachi-Style?

What stages would be involved in turning the worn sword through 180 degrees to give a tachi slung cutting-edge down? Would it also involve
    new animations for drawing/sheathing? Could the weirdoascensor/kungfuserge Saya mod be integrated? Just throwing some out there...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Artifex

Default Re: Sword Worn Tachi-Style?

Weirdoascensor could tell you more about it. You need a modeller though.
    I'm interested in properly worn tachis, but I don't understand 3d modelling.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

You most likely would need a new animation. Also would have to adjust the sword bone location (sorry don't know how to do that)

You can do the animayion in MAX or there is an animation exporter for Maya.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Shim13 View Post
    You most likely would need a new animation. Also would have to adjust the sword bone location (sorry don't know how to do that)

You can do the animayion in MAX or there is an animation exporter for Maya.
    Its True. However, I'm thinking of a easier solution, albeit with no draw and sheathing animation:

So, lets say I make a Tachi warscape equipment type with vanilla katana_4. This is what a modeller can do: make a sheathed Tachi model, in reversed position. Edit the animation txt so when idle, the katana disappears, but when fighting, the sheathed tachi dissapears instead.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I'm currently learning the basics of 3ds max perhaps I'll be in a position to try one day...

Thanks to "You_Guess_Who" for pointing out there is now a Tachi mod by RIP HDD on Steam that also provides ebira quivers!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?584562-Saya-The-Sheathe-and-The-Blade-19-8-2014&p=14573049&viewfull=1#post14573049

The mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=440691083